Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • FOD conditions at present?
  • Dannyp
    Free Member

Got a 2 day trip riding trip booked for this Friday/Saturday but weather does’nt look good at all down there 🙁

Anyone local who can tell me what the current trail and downhill conditions are like at present and is it gonna be worth the trip if it rains for the whole time..?

After looking forward to this trip I’m pretty bummed out on the weather

amt27
    Free Member

looking out the window now, it is very windy after a morning/early afternoon of rain, which helps things to dry out,

ground is reasonable with a few muddy patches which aren’t getting the chance to fully dry out from the changeable weather,

expect trail centre trails to be fine, lots of tree cover helps,

randomjeremy
    Free Member

The built up trails are running OK, there is some mud and standing water but they tend to drain well. Some of the DH is greasier than a chip shop though.

bigh
    Free Member

Well as of today its gotten worse, but if there’s no rain tomorrow it will improve (am i being a tad obvious?)
    Whats even more depressing is a few days ago there was real DUST on the trails 🙁

Dannyp
    Free Member

Ok, thinking change of plan now and getting the hardtail saddled up and heading for a two day Woburn/chicksands fest…

Forcast better further west and pretty sure they will be good to ride even in showers….anyone confirm?

andermt
    Free Member

Woburn can get quite muddy in places after rain on the trails, (although does help hold the sand together) rode there last Friday and mostly okay, just a couple of bits that were muddy but nothing to worry about except 1 section I’d avoid next time.

Downhill bits should be fine though.

psling
    Free Member

bigh – Member
    Well as of today its gotten worse, but if there’s no rain tomorrow it will improve…
    Posted 1 day ago # Report-Post

Well, it’s tomorrow now in FoD and so far it hasn’t stopped raining here 🙁

Having said that, I was out last night and although it’s pretty wet in places it’s all rideable 8)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘FOD conditions at present?’ is closed to new replies.