Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 286 total)
  • Jimmy Carr and Tax
  • mk1fan
    Free Member

10 out of 10!

9 out of 10 surely?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

[quote]hora – Member
    Did someone say Dick?

I have an attractive one I’d have you know

[/quote]

khani
    Free Member

So,.. You want a picture of hora’s dick….mmmmmmm….. 😯

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yeah. Go on, then.

It might calm me down.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Here’s mine…

binners

Wasn’t the word ‘Beautiful’ used originally Hora?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Five pages to get to hora’s beautiful penis. I believe that is now /thread

verses

mk1fan – Member

10 out of 10!

9 out of 10 surely?

Or 8 even 🙂

kimbers

(putting hora’s penis to one side for a moment)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/downing-street-no-imminent-plans-to-disclose-david-camerons-tax-details-7872318.html

now i wonder why that could be……………….?

donsimon
    Free Member

Or 8 even

I know a bloke in the Channel Islands who could get that down to 0,3 if you want.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Despite your sarcasm, it’s perfectly clear and consistent. You choose not to see it as such because you obviously don’t agree with my point of view.

I am simply saying your point of view is not coherent using your own words

You chopped my quote so not to include the word “keeping”. It is very clear that I am saying there is no justification imo for keeping the present legal tax loopholes which provide no benefit other than as means of avoiding tax. However as these loopholes exist I see no reason why anyone would not use them.

I know what y are saying and I think most people view this as hypocrisy – doing one thing and preaching another . You accept the loopholes are wrong but you are willing to use the loopholes for your own personal benefit even though there is no justification for them — you have made this as clear as can be again

All pretty straight forward easy to understand stuff. Although I do appreciate that it might upset the sensitivities of moralising petty bourgeois lefties who get worked up and anal over such matters.

YAWN and thanks for that Mr Marx. 🙄 I can but hope to achieve your levels of class consciousness and be a true working class hypocritical tax avoiding opposer of tax avoidancehero eh
    Yours Pseudo lefty 🙄

Your view is hypocritical and cheap/lazy “marxist” attacks at me wont alter that

slimjim78
    Free Member

In fact, I’m so incensed at Cameron’s bullsht that I’m going to vote Labour at the next election. Not that I think that bunch of tosseurs are any better at running stuff, but just to stick one up Cameron’s rear entry.

I’m going to clone polling cards and vote twice for Dave to every one of yours

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I know what y are saying and I think most people view this as hypocrisy

Excellent, you are entitled to your opinion – I had assumed you didn’t agree with me, I don’t have an issue with that.

My only issue was that you chopped quotes out of my posts and taking them completely out of context put them in a sequence specifically to give the deliberate false impression that I was contracting myself. Which was a pretty desperate measure.

Like a lot of people I believe that keeping tax loopholes which serve no useful purpose other than to provide a means of not paying tax is not justified. Also like a lot of people I have no issue with people using legal means to minimise their tax liabilities.

You might not agreed with that point of view, in fact you clearly don’t. But that point of view is completely consistent and does not represent a contradiction. Your allegation that it does is false.

D0NK

I know what y are saying and I think most people view this as hypocrisy

Dunno, I think I could quite easily say these tax rules are a load of bobbins and should be reformed ASAP but while others are legally “getting away with it” I’d have* a bit of that too.

Principles are one thing, extra money for bike bits is quite another 🙂

I could come up with some spurious analogies but I’m sure you are allowed to dislike the rules and ask for change whilst still playing by the current rules.

*no chance of me ever being in that income bracket

loum
    Free Member

If you force someone like Jimmy Carr to pay a high rate of tax you might drive him out of the country. Worth a try, anyway.

alex222
    Free Member

I thought he was a comedian who told jokes ?

Often quite funny ones too.

He is not that funny though – certainly not £3million funny

If you force someone like Jimmy Carr to pay a high rate of tax you might drive him out of the country. Worth a try, anyway.

+1

BristolPablo
    Free Member

Value of future DVDs/Tours > Potential tax saved

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He is not that funny though – certainly not £3million funny

Well apparently he is precisely that …..funny to the tune of £3 million.

Unless of course you have some information which you would like to share that provides evidence that his wealth is not solely dependent on his ability to be funny ? Perhaps he’s got another very lucrative part time job ?

BristolPablo
    Free Member

Had he not pulled out of the K2 scheme, his career and popularity would have nose-dived, now he gets to say sorry and come his next tour, all will be forgotten (much like his comedy).

alex222
    Free Member

Alright; what I was getting at is that I don’t know how he has amassed a £3million fortune telling the crap jokes that he does.

yunki
    Free Member

crap jokes

are you certain about that..?

The ‘what’s worse than biting into an apple and finding a worm..?’ joke was pretty ground breaking.. probably worth a good few hundred thousand alone

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t know how he has amassed a £3million fortune telling the crap jokes that he does.

Well a wild guess is that unlike you a great many people find him highly amusing and he has been very successful as a comedian ?

all will be forgotten (much like his comedy)

I still clearly remember the first I ever saw him doing stand up, many years ago. I thought who is this **** making jokes about African kids moving closer to a river so that they wouldn’t have to walk so far for water, or how he felt Tesco must be overcharging him if his week’s shopping bill would pay to feed an African family for a year. His more recent Paralympic joke is hard to forget too. Yep, he’s given me some very memorable jokes, certainly more than most comedians.

GrahamS

Anyway, it’s “Vehicle Excise Duty”… not Carr Tax.

donsimon
    Free Member

Well a wild guess is that unlike you a great many people find him highly amusing and he has been very successful as a comedian ?

Or even inherited it/been given handouts from daddy.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes that’s possible. Is that what happened then ?

D0NK

Anyway, it’s “Vehicle Excise Duty”… not Carr Tax.

already done on page 1 or 2, sorry graham

footflaps

Is he also a cabinet member then?

alex222
    Free Member

So what your saying is the greater the number of people like something the better it is? Maybe its actually the greater the number of people like something the lower the common denominator; or the more senseless it is.

No doubt he is good at what he does; that does not mean what he does is good though.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So what your saying is the greater the number of people like something the better it is?

If that’s directed at me I merely gave you a possible explanation with regards to your comment : “I don’t know how he has amassed a £3million fortune telling the crap jokes that he does”. I haven’t made any comment about something being better than something else.

Although DS seems to think that his success might down to inheritance and handouts from daddy.

donsimon
    Free Member

I don’t know if that’s what happened or not, but it’s nice to see you thinks it’s possible that his multi-millionaire father might have contributed in some way to his wealth.

Is he also a cabinet member then?

Is it only cabinet members who inherit money?

Although DS seems to think that his success wealth might down to inheritance and handouts from daddy.

You seem so sure that daddy has never given him any money. Can you be sure of this ernesto? You have already said it’s possible and now you appear to be saying it’s absolute that daddy didn’t give him money. More direction changing.

GrahamS

already done on page 1 or 2, sorry graham

Dammit. Always last to the party.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t know if that’s what happened or not, but it’s nice to see you thinks it’s possible that his multi-millionaire father might have contributed in some way to his wealth.

Well of course it’s possible. It’s also possible that he might have stolen it – I don’t know how he got his money.

I did say that my suggestion he had made £3 million from being a successful comedian was just a “wild guess”. Thanks for offering other possible alternatives.

donsimon
    Free Member

Thanks for offering other possible alternatives.

Glad to help ernesto. You seem to need it more than most.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m always struggling until you come along with your well thought out comments. Thanks once again.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m always struggling until you come along with your well thought out comments.

I hadn’t realised that one had to pass the ernesto scoring system before being able to comment. As I can’t see moderator next to your name I guess you have no authority here.
    Is one not allowed to throw in new ideas into a topic?
    Your constant twisting and deliberate misinterpetation would indicate that are quite desperate to prove some point or other.

To go from a possibility to an absolute is quite a bizarre thought process, but fits in with the ernesto form of logic.
    Fill yer boots matey.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

To go from a possibility to an absolute is quite a bizarre thought process

Yes it is. Is that what happened, then?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I hadn’t realised that one had to pass the ernesto scoring system before being able to comment.

No I hadn’t either.

Your constant twisting and deliberate misinterpetation would indicate that are quite desperate to prove some point or other.

Oh is that what I’ve done ……..I took your “Or even inherited it/been given handouts from daddy” comment and twisted it and deliberately misinterpreted it ?

Ah well, I guess it’s just what I do 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Asking a closed question to get the answer that suits you rather than accepting a suggestion/possibility from another person isn’t twisting then?
    I guess that’s just what you do. 😥

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TOOOO UNNERD!

binners

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-PIckHrZ0o[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 286 total)

The topic ‘Jimmy Carr and Tax’ is closed to new replies.