Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Flyup 417 or Aston Hill for a day
  • cokie

I’ve got Sunday to myself and the weather looks good so fancy heading to a bike park.
    Both are the same distance from me.
    I’ve done 417 about 10 times now and enjoy it. I see the trail fairies have been working and changed bits so wouldn’t mind checking this out. I’d book the uplift so more riding and less pushing.
    I’ve never been to Aston Hill and the trails look shorter and no uplift, but it’s something different.
    Happy riding blacks and pretty much anything else.

Recommendations?

calv145
    Free Member

I haven’t been to 417 to compare, but Aston Hill can be good. I say can be, as if it’s been raining it is savagely slippery so keep an eye on the weather leading up to Sunday. The runs are only really up to 2 minutes and the push up is fairly hard work. I would say you would get more actual riding done at 417 with the uplift

chakaping
    Free Member

Go to Aston if you’ve not been, it has great trails which should be dry (as above, beware when wet).

The push up take 10 mins or a bit more and I prefer that to jumping in and out of a minibus for a short uplift. You get more of a workout that way too.

dc1988

Always best to try something new. Aston Hill is great fun, just make sure you have suitable rubber if it’s been raining!

Trimix
    Free Member

Go somewhere new for sure. Also depends a bit on what you are riding. If your fit and on a bike that pedals uphill, you can actually ride up to the top of Aston (a few times)

cokie

Thanks all- will give Aston Hill a go.

trumpton
    Free Member

it’s worth checking out the conditions at Aston first as we have had quite a bit of rain recently. Never been sure how long it takes to dry out though.

cokie

It’s cold but shouldn’t be raining the rest of the week.
    I’m going Sunday so will keep an eye on the weather.

trumpton
    Free Member

enjoy it there – it’s great!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Flyup 417 or Aston Hill for a day’ is closed to new replies.