Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Flyup 417 Bike Park, Witcombe car park help
  • Tracey

Thought I might get an answer from here as I cant get a response direct from phone or email

We are in the area tomorrow and thought it might be worth a try. However we are in the motorhome which is 7.5 m long.
    Anyone know what the carparking is like, will we be OK or not.

Don’t want to book and pay only to find out its a no no

Rubber_Buccaneer

They get a land rover and trailer full of bikes through OK so I think you will be fine.  The driveway if I remember correctly is concrete with passing places and it gets a little tight as you approach the buildings and car park but I don’t think you’ll have a problem.  I’d persevere with getting an answer from the Bike Park though

Tracey

No such luck, been trying all the way here and it shuts for phone at 5.30
    Will keep trying but may have to wing it.

ayjaydoubleyou

The carpark is a decent size, I’ve only been on the weekend and I’m sure it was never more than half full.

The wiggle up the lane and around the buildings to get in could be more the issue, but as Buccaneer says, the landy + trailer does it.

Also the first part of the lane to the uplift pickup/bottom of trails is definately ambulance friendly.

Rubber_Buccaneer

The car park will be fine, I’d worry more about the approach.  Take a look at satellite images on google maps and you will see the car park to the east is plenty big enough and not a load of car sized bays.  Your route in is the track running on the North side of the buildings.  I’d feel confident you’ll be fine but I won’t be sweating it in the drivers seat

Tracey

Thanks, bit wider than a Landy more on par with an ambulance, I’ve looked on google maps but hard to judge.

mrhoppy

It’s been a while since I was there but from memory whilst it was a little tight getting through the yard it wasn’t that bad, no major ramps to hang up an overhang. Our old one was smaller than yours but would have been a similar width and I’d have happily taken it there.

sillysilly
    Free Member

Got a long wheelbase sprinter up there no worries if that gives you something to compare against.

Tracey

Thanks all, tickets booked, fingers crossed

Rubber_Buccaneer

Have fun.  It isn’t a massive place but I’ve always enjoyed days there

argee

Worst case you could ask them to park in either the uplift pick up bit, which is big enough or the car park before the buildings, think you should get through though, they should also be picking up the phone this evening as it’s the Thursday evening slot, so open until 8 or so.

Tracey

Just got an email back so it all looks promising for tomorrow

argee

It’s a fun place to visit, but not a huge amount there, warm ups always cheese roller right at the top, so up a bit from the drop off, then on to igneous which is a nice trail, and if you want some big jumps and sessioning, dubby skipper is great for that.

It’ll be dry tomorrow as well, so watch out for sketchy berms, always catches folk out more than the jumps, just a little bit loose and dusty compared to most places on the berms.

Tracey

Thanks

cokie

I was there for the uplift the other day. Running slower due to reduced capacity, but they are doing a really good job.
    The trails seem to be running well but some more of it’s really blown out. Doesn’t look like any trail maintenance has been done recently, so as above- watch out on the berms. Just a little more natural.
    I had an ace time though. Enjoy!

gribble
    Free Member

I took a VW California (only 5m long) with bikes on the back, no problem. But a friend has an older California model that is a long wheel base, with a bike rack, with no problem.

Some of the access road is not that wide, but I’ve seen a big truck coming down that road.

Enjoy. I loved it (as did our two kids).

doubleeagle
    Free Member

I’m probably a bit late here, but +1 for taking it easy on the turns, I just had a stitch taken out my knee that the kind doctor at Cheltenham A+E put in after I washed out on cheeseroller last Saturday! Urgh I hate hardback surfaces…

Almost entirely my own fault, but the corners are definitely dusty/gravelly. I had infinite grip a few weeks ago.

Hope you have/had a good ride OP!

Tracey

Managed to get in with no problems and parked at the top end of the carpark out of the way.

Did twelve runs with the Levo, didn’t use the uplift, in the couple of hours we had available. I was hitting the berms high up to sides to avoid all the loose stuff that had accumulated in the bottom.

Great mornings riding and well worth it

cokie

That’s impressive! What mode was the Levo in for the pedal up?
    I struggle to get 12 in on a full days uplift when things were normal.
    Glad you had a good time. I always think it’s worth a visit.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Twelve runs is pretty impressive.  When I did the push/ride up I called it a day at seven or eight as I was getting too tired to enjoy the downs.  A situation where an eBike adds to the fun I guess

Tracey

Kept the Levo in trail for the climbs and Eco for the downs and the bottom path. I had 35% battery left and Kevin was on 25%. We didn’t stop for rests at the bottom or top.

Though the Red, Dubby Skipper, from the drop off was the best

Had a bit of a sweat on by the end but it was hot and sunny.

monkeyboyjc

12 in impressive – think I’ve only managed 11 with an uplift and 9 or ten on a ride up…..

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Flyup 417 Bike Park, Witcombe car park help’ is closed to new replies.