Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • flying to france with a month left on passport ????
  • karnali
    Free Member

passport expires in may

fly easyjet 31st march return 8th april

will this be ok or do i need to go to the passport office for the one day turn around

thanks

bikebouy
    Free Member

They will lock you up in a cell in Algeria with all the FFLegion deserters.

HTHs.

RoterStern
    Free Member

You could always book a fast track passport. One week I believe but it will cost you. But actually as long as it’s valid for your traveling time you don’t need to. HTH

Flaperon

“Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay; you don’t need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this.”

^^ From Gov.uk.
    https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

Trimix
    Free Member

April is before May.

Check the calendar for clarification.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I found this the other day, hopefully somebody on here can make use of it.

natrix
    Free Member

I’ve done this and it was OK, but everybody who checked my passport reminded me that it was about to run out which got a bit tiring after a while………..

Moses

A: For France, you should be fine.

B. If you apply for a renewal online today or tomorrow, there’s a good chance you’ll get a new one before you go.

eckinspain
    Free Member

a couple of years ago we flew to Spain on the day my daughter’s passport expired and they were fine – it’s valid until midnight on the day of expiry.

bigyinn
    Free Member

If your passport is valid beyond the duration of your stay, why would it be an issue? It would make the expiration date meaningless if you couldn’t use it before it’s expiry surely?

shermer75
    Free Member

HTHs.

Happy To Helps?

hedley
    Free Member

If your passport is valid beyond the duration of your stay, why would it be an issue? It would make the expiration date meaningless if you couldn’t use it before it’s expiry surely?

Some countries have additional rules. For example Turkey:

“The Turkish government advise that your passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date you enter Turkey.”

krixmeister

Nut just some countries – a lot if not most. Most Southeast Asian countries have this requirement as well. So worth checking – but I would imagine EU travel with an EU passport should be ok up to the date of passport expiry. For now at least…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘flying to france with a month left on passport ????’ is closed to new replies.