• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Flat shoes for big feet
  • FOG

I didn’t get a rise from my question about Shimano sizing so will try again. Shimano seem to have stopped making flat shoes in 49/50 which is what I need for my plates. What other manufacturers make big sizes which are easily available ,not on back order for three months?

MSP

Adidas

windjammer
    Free Member

i have size 49 feet so i understand what problems you have lol.i use northwave they seem to be a wide fit too,i wear five ten also even the size 12 fits me ok,have a look at northwave mission plus

dlr

Watching………

Hope you find something. I am size 12.5/13 UK, for years I have been ok in 510 low impact, bought a new pair a year ago, didn’t fit, bought another pair a few months later, didn’t fit, measured them, 5mm narrower than my old ones, mailed 510, “oh yes we did a tiny redesign”…..

I have tried the Terrex, Shimano, Specialized, Moab, all too narrow and/or not available in over size 13.

My last remaining original low impacts are shot so running out of time! I see they have released a few new models recently, will have to try them. Previous other ones, Freerider etc all been too narrow/small in the toe box

MSP

I take size 49/50, I find the adidas terrex size 13.5 plenty big enough, the link above is for size 14.5.

For the five tens, I have always found the sam hills a bit roomier than their other models, I got away with them in 48.5, but they were too small really and there is no point now adidas go bigger.

dlr

Looking at the mail it seems it was only a 12.5 I tried in the Terrex, I will keep a look out for when they have a 13.5. I thought the sam hills were the same as the low impact just with different colours but could be wrong, I need to order a few options again with free returns…

Right pain having large/wide feet, most people don’t understand!

FOG

I am tempted to go for the 14.5 and wear thicker socks for the winter. You bigfooters out there probably share my frustration when the annual cold feet thread comes around. ‘Buy a size or two too big and use thicker socks’, says some bright spark. Chance would be a fine thing!

lankystreakofpee

I bought some Adidas Terrex a few months ago from http://www.adidasspecialtysports.co.uk/

The website has a nifty lookup where you can select a brand+style of shoe that you know fits you and it advises on the size you need based on your selection. It calculated I needed an 11.5 which feels spot on.

They’re also really comfy for off the bike. I did a round of golf in mine on Sunday as I forgot my golf shoes and they were great in wet grass etc!

From memory, if you sign up for the newsletter you can get a discount code before you buy. I got mine for £80ish.

Edit: Sorry, just checked and they only have stock up to 12.5 at the moment so my comment is about as much use as a thin pair of shoes!

MSP

I am tempted to go for the 14.5 and wear thicker socks for the winter. You bigfooters out there probably share my frustration when the annual cold feet thread comes around. ‘Buy a size or two too big and use thicker socks’, says some bright spark. Chance would be a fine thing!

I don’t think they would be very good for that, they are quite a lot of mesh (even if it isn’t the most breathable mesh).

I go clipped in in winter, currently on northwaves celsius artic size 49, but have to wear thin socks (and they are still a bit too small). The lake mx303 look a good bet, up to size 50 plus wide fittings. I think that sidi winter boots also go up to about a size 52, but they have incredibly stupid plastic slippery soles.

tom84
    Free Member

Hello, I have wide size 13 feet and I am selling some Merrel Roust Frenzy Black bike specific shoes that seem pretty sorted except were too big for me, they are 49s. Please email me if you would like to buy them! lunis46[at]yahoo.com

FOG

Thanks Tom but I have gone for some Five Tens which actually come in 13s. However they haven’t come yet so I am hoping they will be a true 13 and not some euro approximation.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Flat shoes for big feet’ is closed to new replies.