Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Flat pedals for road bike
  • cogglepin

I’ve tried clipping in but on long rides I get bad knee pains which I don’t with flat pedals. So I’m after some smallish flats. Any recommendations kindly received.

ton
    eddiebaby
    Free Member
    superstu
    Free Member

Have you tried other clipped in options to see if they help at all? I think Time ATAC pedals (if they still do them) used to get some credit with those who want more float on their SPDs?

Otherwise any basic pedal will probably do, I’d go composite rather than aluminium to save a few grammes.

porter_jamie

I was after some flats for my ride to work bike for similar reasons. I ended up using some old v8s I found in the depths of the garage. I’d like some similar to say vaults.but smaller and no pins
    ok so not like vaults at all really.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Time ATACs have kept my knees happy for ~13 years, I used to suffer lots using my previous Shimano SPDs, due to bow-leggedness.

cogglepin

Thanks guys, plenty to go at there!

NormalMan

I am using Wellgo MG1 on my ‘gravel’ bike.

They are pretty light.

sturmeyarcher

I can’t help with flats but do know about knee pain. A knee surgeon (also a cyclist) recommended I try Speedplay pedals as they have the most float (15 degrees). Since swapping 12 months ago, I’ve had no knee pain.

chakaping
    Free Member

You should get a bike fit from someone with expertise in musculoskeletal analysis.

I can recommend NJD if you’re in NW England…

Welcome to NJD Sports Injury & Bike Fit Centre Clitheroe

Fixed my knee pain issues, which resulted from slight bow-leggedness and flat feet.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have burgtecs on my road bike, had them spare when I sold the 29er, brilliant.

No more gimp shoes. 🤣

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Flat pedals for road bike’ is closed to new replies.