Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Flashing front light
  • anagallis_arvensis

What should I get that is cheap, usb rechargeable can sit on my gravel/road/gnarmac bike and flash away day and night and not die due to water ingress?

whitestone
    Free Member

Exposure TraceR (or whatever the capitalisation is)

anagallis_arvensis

That looks promising maybe a bit more than I wanted price wise but not too bad. Does it unscrew to charge. I have found the ones with flaps just die.

whitestone
    Free Member

It’s my wife’s – the charging port is under the rubber ring so no flap as such, still too early for longevity reports.

anagallis_arvensis

Mudguards on my bike help but yesterdays group ride seems to have killed another light was even that wet but most water was coming from others with no mud guards.

shortyj15

I had a Tracer rear go back several times due to water damage. They finally replaced it with a blaze which I had no issues with. If it’s on the front I can’t imagine you would have any issues with water ingress.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Something from Moon would be my pick. I used to use a XP500 for that wand it was very good indeed. Since replaced with an Exposure Sirius which is even more gooderer.

mcnultycop

Knot Blinder Grid does the trick for me.

jamesoz

Mudguards on my bike help but yesterdays group ride seems to have killed another light was even that wet but most water was coming from others with no mud guards.

I thought group road riding in the wet without guards was punishable by beating with an old inner tube?

anagallis_arvensis

Thanks for the suggestions.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Flashing front light’ is closed to new replies.