• This topic has 20 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by jeffl.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Five tens cheap currently ? Or…. well… something else.
  • weeksy

So the first question.

Any decent deals on Fivetens you know of ?

Or… I guess the alternate question is…. What day to day casual trainer/something ?

I want something to wear to the office as i usually wear my FiveTen Freerider but they need to become my riding kit now as my others are giving up the ghost… So i want something casual but respectable.

I was looking at Adidas trainers but i think at 48 i’m just a bit too old for trainers even in the Gazelle style of my youth… Not convinced i can carry them off. I’ve got dressy type boots in tan, but they’re a bit too shiny and posh for sitting in the office most of the time…

I don’t want walking boot/shoe type ones as i find them scruffy and for people who’ve given up on life…

So, what have you got for me ?

twonks

I’m the same age (in 6 days) and don’t mind wearing trainers where ever possible.
    FiveTens I like but find them a little uncomfy after a full working day.

Trainer wise, something from the Terrex line generally works as they are a bit more rigid than normal trainers and hold their shape / colour much better for longer.

https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/adi11144/adidas-terrex-skychaser-lt-gore~tex-trail-running-shoes-~-ss19/ (although I’d have a more subtle black main shoes with coloured stripes)

Or for shoes, some casual things like the below.
    https://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/OF2807/Onfire-Mens-Suede-Shoes-With-Perforated-Vamp-Navy

perchypanther
    Free Member

Obviously…

Lazy meme is lazy.

gribble
    Free Member

I got some 5:10 Freeriders at Go Outdoors recently. They were £65 plus £5 for the card. I think the sizing availability was a bit limited though – I had to go to a couple of shops. I think I wore a new pair out on a flight once, but generally just keep mine for riding (my old pair are 8 years old and I am still riding them, too comfortable to try the new pair yet).

Could you get away with Vans? That is what I wear on the office, but it is fully dress down.

weeksy

Or for shoes, some casual things like the below.
    https://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/OF2807/Onfire-Mens-Suede-Shoes-With-Perforated-Vamp-Navy

They scream old man to me and i’m not ready for that yet.

https://www.sportsdirect.com/kangol-canary-mens-trainers-114597#colcode=11459705

These Kangol are winning in my head currently.

weeksy

Could you get away with Vans? That is what I wear on the office, but it is fully dress down.

Dress down context doesn’t come into it. I could wear flip flops and it would be OK. It’s more the wife frown face i need to worry about and the “You’re not 18 any more dear”

moonsaballoon

i had some of the five ten access shoes that were pretty comfortable . Just replaced them with a pair of Addidas Terrex , i just went on sportsshoes.com and had a look at what they had in the sale .

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s more the wife frown face i need to worry about and the “You’re not 18 any more dear”

“No, but my next wife might be”

That’ll tell ‘er.

trumpton
    Free Member

get a pair of vans if they fit you. Surely it depends on your foot. Vans fit me but Adidas do not.

weeksy

LOL i used similar last night actually Perchy 🙂 It went down with more laughs than you’d potentially think 🙂

gribble
    Free Member

Weeksy – Not that I am in any way qualifies to give any fashion advice, but I regularly sport vans and hoodies. I am 42, so look like I am pretending to be younger than I am. Which is possibly true.

Anyway, I go for comfort.

danposs86
    lardcore
    Free Member

I’m a bit obsessed with footwear for some reason and I would recommend checking out Astorflex suede stuff, they’re better made than most shoes in the same price bracket, very, very comfortable and quite smart looking. If you’re not afraid of looking like Walter White then check out Padmore & Barnes P204 which is the original and better version of Clarks Wallabee. Finally, if none of the above floats your boat then check out Toms Carlo which is about half the price of the above (and likely to last only half as long) but looks well spiffy.

Leon
    Free Member

Look up merrel freewheel. Decent grip and stiffness for riding, upper is casual but not trainer-y. I’ve got a couple of pairs that I wear almost anytime I need to cycle in normal clothes (work, pub, etc).

Tracey

Spitfires and Dirtbags look casual and stylish for office wear or just get another pair of Freeriders. Never too old for a pair.
    Sleuths look good but not seen any big discounts on them.
    If Im not in heels then Five Tens are my option for work. 😉

munrobiker
    Free Member

I wear FiveTen Access Mesh as my daily shoe

Have you not eyes?

weeksy

just get another pair of Freeriders. Never too old for a pair.

I’m OK with another set if it comes to that, but they’re damn expensive and i have 3 pairs LOL. If i can buy something ‘casual’ for £40 instead of £80 on some Freeriders, then i’m happy to go down that road.

DezB
    Free Member

at 48 i’m just a bit too old for trainers

I’m 55 and I wear trainers. (Except in the office). I mean, walking around in shorts and loafers, now that would be wrong.
    I even have an identical pair to the infamous pic what perchy posted. Although I left the red laces in and do not have tan chinos.
    Get whatever trainers you want. Not 5-10s cos the soles wear out dead quick if you use them for everyday wear.
    People on here are **** weeeeiird about fashion.

PMK2060

I was always an Adidas Originals wearer until I tried New Balance. I find them comfier and I look less of an hooligan when I go the football.

M&M Direct currently have various New Balance trainers on sale for around £35.

footflaps

I was looking at Adidas trainers but i think at 48 i’m just a bit too old for trainers

Same age here, trainers most days at work. 5.10 Camp 4 in winter and Salomon / Merrel something or other in summer…

jeffl

Another vote for New Balance. Like them a lot and usually on cheap somewhere.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Five tens cheap currently ? Or…. well… something else.’ is closed to new replies.