Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • fitwheels.eu
  • honourablegeorge

Anyone used them recently? Was keen on a set of their wheels for the hardtail, and signed up for an account on their site.

Promptly received an email confirming my registration, which included my password (unencrypted) in the email – not seen that since the early days of online shopping.

Are they OK to deal with, or a bit shoddy? Anyone had warranty/customer care dealings with them? Did you go direct, or via EBay?

StuF

Don’t forget you’ll be at the mercy of the customs charges if you’re in the UK 🙁

honourablegeorge

Not in the UK, thankfully. Well, thankfully from a Brexit point of view, I’m otherwise quite fond of the old UK

Tracey

Had a few sets of DT Swiss from them always via eBay, been quick on delivery and build quality was first class as was the price. Not sure how the prices stack up now.

mashr

If the site isn’t great then eBay (as Tracey says) would have you covered. They’re high on my list for wheels in the near future, but will have to see if the value can stay as good

honourablegeorge

Yeah, ebay isn’t quite as flexible with options as their site, I can only get the 18t freewheel on the wheels I want on EBay. Suppose I can buy one separate and fit it later.

elwoodblues
    Free Member

Used Fitwheels just before Christmas… excellent service, excellent price, excellent quality.

Lukasz answered any questions very quickly, and the wheels arrived before expected.

Would definitely recommend!

But… I am in Denmark, not in Brexit-land. Have no idea what kind of impact your current situation has on the whole process.

mashr

honourablegeorge
    Free Member

Yeah, ebay isn’t quite as flexible with options as their site, I can only get the 18t freewheel on the wheels I want on EBay. Suppose I can buy one separate and fit it later.

I’d wager that a quick message via eBay could sort that out

dove1

I bought a set of DT Swiss wheels via their eBay shop last summer (thanks, @Tracey for the pointer) and had no problems.
    They messaged me asking exactly what I wanted and it was about a week from initial order to delivery. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again as long as the Brexit shittery hasn’t affected prices too badly.

bri-72

Pre Xmas purchase here via eBay. All fine albeit slow delivery – tracking showed it rattling around at least 3 European countries before I received about 2 weeks after dispatch. Maybe just an isolated courier issue.

poah
    Free Member

email Lukasz and ask him for a specific build. He has done a few wheelsets for me.

bonobo
    Free Member

Another thumbs up for Fitwheels here. Great service and price. The wheels themselves have been superb.
    And like Poah said, email Lukasz for a price/advice. It seems to work out even cheaper than their Ebay prices.

Milese
    Free Member

As others have said, ordered custom DT Swiss wheels via Lukasz back in the summer. Email exchange around specs & prices took a while but once paid were dispatched in 2 days and arrived within a few more.

6 months use and the wheels have been faultless.

crazyknowledge
    Free Member

Same as all the others, I have had a few sets built, prices really good and build quality been excellent, worth getting him to tape them if going tubeless as does a perfect job.

honourablegeorge

Thanks folks, that all sounds very positive

gkeeffe

brilliant wheels… great service for me too

samwilk200
    Free Member

Yes ordered a set through ebay. Just sent them a message to customise (mullet set) and they were more than accommodating.

Wheels came in less than 2 weeks and great quality and price.

Wouldn’t hesitate to use again.

stumpy01

Ooooh, great! Thanks for the heads-up. Probably a waste of money, but I’ve been considering getting some better 26″ wheels for my full-sus. Looks like they have a few options, while everywhere else I’ve looked at has nothing available anymore (hardly surprising)…

mudeverywhere
    Free Member

I used Bikestacja.pl for a pair of wheels last summer. I believe they’re linked to fitwheels.eu somehow? Except slightly cheaper. Both wheels still going strong, but if I’m being picky the rear wasn’t quite 100% true to begin with. Enough of a bargain that I wouldn’t complain.

vondally
    Free Member

Order just before xmas, with some specific upgrades and they were delayed by 2 days so arrived 29/12 … hugely impressed

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘fitwheels.eu’ is closed to new replies.