Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • First they killed my father
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

My wife and I are currently watching this on Netflix. Is it supposed to have subtitles? They aren’t showing on the screen which is very odd.

Rickos
    Free Member

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Are you both able to read? What I mean to say is: were you both schooled in a traditional education with regards to the visual interpretation of your mother tongue?

Perhaps you are both blind. Is there a Labrador in the room?

geetee1972
    Free Member

What on earth are you on about?

It is supposed to have subtitles. For some reason they aren’t showing.

seosamh77
    Free Member

turn them on?

yunki
    Free Member

Do the subtitles usually work when you watch other foreign language films on Netflix?

seosamh77
    Free Member

just checked yip subtitles working, turn them on! 😆

km79
    Free Member

Just checked, subtitles were there.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I seem to remember netflix is odd in that you turn them on for the film in the specific film info page rather than there being an overall setting (if that makes sense)

seosamh77
    Free Member

subtitle choice of arabic, english, english cc, french, polish, traditional chinese.

audio choice of brazilian portuguese, french, kymer, polish, english, AD.

fill yer boots!

jambourgie
    Free Member

What language was the film originally shot in? Perhaps you are in a country where that language is routinely spoken. Have you checked? A film would have no need to supply subtitles in a foreign language if it was being broadcast in its native land.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Hmmm, so it looks like we had the subtitles switched off in Apple settings menu! I’ve not been that interested but my wife has faithfully followed the story for the last 90 minutes, interpreting the story simply based on the mise en scene. Which is impressive because the closest she’s ever got to appreciating film as art is Amelie.

A film would have no need to supply subtitles in a foreign language if it was being broadcast in its native land.

No it’s a mainstream film directed by Angelina Jolie distributed through Netflix. Don’t worry no cultural imperialism to be scoffed at here, not even in the film itself.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘First they killed my father’ is closed to new replies.