Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • First Sober Christmas.
  • geomickb
    Free Member

4 months without a drink and planning my first sober xmas.

Anyone else?

Just bought a case of Eisberg Wine. I reckon that and 0% Heineken will see me through.

Mick

scotroutes

This will be my 62nd sober Christmas.

Don’t ask about Hogmanay though. 😉

garage-dweller

Have had many over the years. For years my Christmasses were split by travel between Portsmouth and Ipswich over that week. Lots of driving both between those places and visiting and shepherding around aged relatives too.

So long as you have friends / family who won’t apply pressure it’s dead easy.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Been dry now for a month-and I’ve got to work over Christmas, so hopefully I’ll see it into the new year. I’m really not missing it, and I’m sleeping properly without alcohol too. Oddly, it’s the odd G&T that I miss-especially when Mrs EMC drinks one next to me!

I’m not a fan of the non alcoholic wine/beer though. Still expensive for a pretty rank product IMO.

geomickb
    Free Member

@eat_more_cheese

The Eisberg wine is pretty good.

This is what you need! I just found it and love it:

https://www.marksandspencer.com/s/food-to-order/adventures-in-food/alcohol-free-gandt

Not too expensive, maybe £1.50 or £2.50 a bottle.

Mick

Drac

Not this year started on the gluttony last week but was sober last year as I worked all week.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

3rd xmas without any alcohol here, I do miss having a few bottles Arran Brewery dug whilst cooking, but getting up fresh on boxing day for a day in the mountains more than makes up for it. 🙂

piemonster

First one here (since being a kid)

Should be made a lot easier by already having visited the family.

Not heard of Eisberg stuff, will take a look

dove1

I haven’t had an alcoholic drink since the beginning of August. Not missing it at all so a dry Christmas won’t be a problem.

ton

no, I am gonna get shitfaced………. ;o)

Dry since 1st October (I drank a lot prior to that). Not planning on breaking that for Christmas. If I manage it, then I’ll do a year, maybe more

stevextc
    Free Member

I’ll probably do the opposite …. I’m not tee-total or anything but my yearly consumption is about what I used to drink in a night …

phil5556

Sober & quiet one for me, working Christmas & Boxing Day mornings and Lifeboat duty crew when I’m not at work.

Philby

Soberish one for me as doing a couple of overnights at a homeless shelter.

cr500dom
    Free Member

24th christmas sober for me, one day at a time 😉

geomickb
    Free Member

Nice one @TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR

Yeah, I’m thinking it would be good to do a year.

longdog
    Free Member

Me and the wife haven’t drank for years so it’s more an issue for others who seem offended that a cuppa or soft drink is fine for us.

Not a fan alcohol free wines and beers, usually just have Sparkly water or a coke.

All the best for it

nofx
    Free Member

My 2nd dry Xmas. I was sinking a litre of vodka a night, so went cold turkey. I don’t miss it unless I’m really wound up 😊

wrightyson
    Free Member

Stella was on 18 cans for 10 quid. There is no hope.

jabbi
    Free Member

Not had a drink since the 14th of September, it had become a bit of a problem, I’m not missing it at all which surprises me, looking forward to a dry Christmas!

epicyclo

Generally don’t drink at Xmas. Xmas is for the kids IMO.

Like scotroutes, Hogmanay is a completely different thing – but still prefer to be traditional and not a drop until the bells.

shermer75
    Free Member

Like scotroutes, Hogmanay is a completely different thing – but still prefer to be traditional and not a drop until the bells.

Which bells? At midnight? That seems like an excessively long wait?!?

franksinatra

I never drink at Christmas, not sure why not, it’s just a thing

I like alcohol free wine but I find Eisberg wine is really nasty

prezet
    Free Member

Yep – not had a drink in 3 months – was never a big drinker before – but one heavy night out resulted in me having to miss a ride with friends favouring laying in bed nursing a hangover. Since then I’ve decided it’s not worth it.

Getting some pressure over the Christmas period to go out with friends for a beer which is hard as I’d rather avoid pubs – because being sober in a pub surrounded by drunk people isn’t much fun 😀

marcg868
    Free Member

Only usually drink a few bottles at Christmas, my birthday and on holiday.
    Just had a Septoplasty and Turbinate reduction done yesterday so no drinks at Christmas.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘First Sober Christmas.’ is closed to new replies.