Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • First motorbike?
  • ayjaydoubleyou

Passed my Mod2 this morning first time with flying colours and this is currently in my living room, just been taxed and insured!

thats a big living room. Carpet needs mowing though.

hunterst
    Free Member

Picked this up last year after being off bikes for 10 or more years – Not stupid powerful but lots of torque and easy to handle.

2018 Triumph Scrambler

sharkattack

Nice one GolfChick, smart bike.

I’ve got my CBT on Saturday morning so I’m months and months away from needing a bike. Obviously I’ve got a shortlist of around 10 bikes.

I love the modern classic style scramblers and stuff but I’ll find it very hard to look past a proper trail bike for my first bike. I’m dying to go exploring away from the tarmac.

hunterst
    Free Member

Big congrats on passing Golfchick –

Vortexracing

Well done and welcome to the Triumph Modern Classics, you will love it, they are great bikes

GolfChick
    Free Member

The fact we’ve done about 2k miles on my 125 definitely made a difference to my experience level, ease at which I passed and confidence. Examiner said to me after the test there’s no way I’d only done just the mod2 training day.

martymac

Nice bike golfchick.

“Rvf400”
    I rode one, it had been used to instruct at a race school, and was complete with race can and 20k rev limit (the standard bike is redlined at 16k)
    It was a friggin beautiful machine, handled amazingly, and the noise, oh my. (Race exhaust and gear driven cams, utterly intoxicating)
    It had a claimed extra 20bhp over standard.
    I loved it.
    I think it’s best kept as a happy memory though.
    Also, i now weigh 20 stone, I’d look ridiculous on it.

sharkattack

The fact we’ve done about 2k miles on my 125 definitely made a difference to my experience level, ease at which I passed and confidence. Examiner said to me after the test there’s no way I’d only done just the mod2 training day.

I’m wondering about that now. I didn’t want to spend any money on a 125 but I know the freedom to go out and practice any time I like would make a big difference to how fast I progress. Plus with work it’ll be hard to fit lessons in anyway.

I’ve got a mate selling a Mutt Mongrel, I might go for a look at it.

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘First motorbike?’ is closed to new replies.