Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • First dice with death. :-)
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Out for a road ride yesterday and I had the pleasure of my first toe to toe meeting with a dickhead driver.
    He passed me leaving very little room and I showed my displeasue. He then executed a rather splendid handbrake turn in a lay-by, stopped and hopped out of the car then went for the confrontaion.
    “Did you call me a w4nker for driving too close to you?” He yelled into my face.
    Not really much you can say to that really.

Welcome to Britain. 🙁

samuri
    Free Member

“If I would have passed you that close in my car, would you have called me a ****?”

I find it’s a pretty good response. Almost always makes them stop and think.

donsimon
    Free Member

I think he started to recognise what he’d said. 😆

kayak23

So what happened?

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m not proud, but I battered the **** out of him.

EDIT: Isn’t there a certain irony in the anonymously written tag saying “keyboard warrior pwned”? 😛

kayak23

I battered the **** out of him

Welcome to Britain. 🙁

Hmmm….

Bazz

Comeuppance! 😈

rickmeister

We got shouted at by a pack of roadies overtaking us on Saturday. Out for a gentle spin with friends and their tandem and one woman starts screaming “get out of he way” at Mrs Rickmeister. Fortunately, Ms R didn’t hear this or there may well have been another meaning to the term “being dropped”

They all overtook us, bumping elbows and the only one that said a cheery hello was the last rider struggling to keep up…. looked like a load of fun…

donsimon
    Free Member

kayak23, I think the answer is in your question. What drives someone to the levels of confrontation like that in a couple of seconds? And the fact that you’re not surprised by this.
    Second point is that this used to be an area of punch first, ask questions later, so he was a bit of a tart. 😀

kilo

We got shouted at by a pack of roadies overtaking us on Saturday. Out for a gentle spin with friends and their tandem and one woman starts screaming “get out of he way” at Mrs Rickmeister. Fortunately, Ms R didn’t hear this or there may well have been another meaning to the term “being dropped”

Don’t get this at all with the roadies, took the newbies club road ride out yesterday and as well as doing riding eittiquette, introudcing them to 1 in 7’s and dealing with bumps potholes etc trying to teach them civility to other cyclists, saying hello to other riders /runs and always asking stopped riders if they are of, re the above ffs the racing seasons over chill out time now.

rickmeister

Kilo, exactly. Did a TCL and MBL course recently and one of the big things on the programme was being nice to anyone else we met, walkers, bikes, kids the lot… what goes around comes around…

wors

I’m not proud, but I battered the **** out of him.

I’m proud

verticalclimber
    Free Member

sweet

mogrim

We got shouted at by a pack of roadies overtaking us on Saturday. Out for a gentle spin with friends and their tandem and one woman starts screaming “get out of he way” at Mrs Rickmeister

Perhaps it was a “I’m out of control and will run you over” type warning, rather than being rude?

MoreCashThanDash

Got my elbows knocked the other night by a club run while I was commuting home last week – totally unnecessary, lots of room to get past. First time it’s happened though.

My own experience with an irate driver was posted back in the summer – I didn’t attack him though, which is why he got the warning for assault.

rickmeister

Perhaps it was a “I’m out of control and will run you over” type warning, rather than being rude?

If Mrs Roadie was out of control cycling up hill on Milton Road out of Musselburgh at about 10mph, then she perhaps shouldn’t have spent so much money on team kit and a fancy bike before learning to ride in a straight line and change direction easily

binners

Good work fella!!!

Were these required….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I had a roadie draft me t’other day, along the cycle path in Cable St. He went to overtake me, but din’t use a bell or owt so I din’t know he was there. I ‘swerved’ slightly to avoid something on’t ground, and we nearly crashed. I told him it might be an idea to get a bell, he responded with ‘learn how to ride a bike propperly’. 😆

I caught him at a set of lights, and asked him why he thought it necessary to be such a knob. He din’t have an answer for that one. But there was a bashing of elbows as we both pulled away from the lights.

Little Tip for roadies what want to act like knobs; Don’t wear club kit what I can then use to identify exactly who you are, where you live and who you work for. Look forward to seeing you again… 😈

Shall I send him poo in a tupperware container? Shall I? Shall I??? 😀

toby1

Elf, no need – you just need to find his shoes 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Effin, just invite him to an Internet debate with you. It’ll drive him to suicide.

bob_summers

One of my last rides in England, I was buzzed “for fun” by some council workers in a flatbed transit. When I gave them the finger they stopped and wanted a fight!
    Then moved to a civilised country, nothing like that’s happened in three years*, versus almost weekly in London and environs. Why are people wound up so tight?

*Ok, once. Traffic light altercation, driver spat at me out the window. Wind blew it back into his female passenger’s face.

molgrips
    Free Member

Then moved to a civilised country region, nothing like that’s happened in three years*, versus almost weekly in London and environs

I don’t live in London or its environs, and that’s never happened to me.

Hohum
    Free Member

bob_summers – Member

*Ok, once. Traffic light altercation, driver spat at me out the window. Wind blew it back into his female passenger’s face.

Ha, ha!

Great example of providence.

superdale
    Free Member

If you are lucky enough to see a passing police car following an incident like this, they do take it quite seriously. If you can get the number plates even better.
    A number of recent incidents is making me think about using the Muvi-cam on the road just so the police can take action on such muppets for dangerous driving.
    If someone stops their car to confront are you a victim of road rage or assualt?

Junkyard
    Free Member

neither like DS I own them with extreme violence.
    may not be true
    him not me as I am nails obviously

Ps Nice retort DD

Militant_biker

so the police can take action on such muppets for dangerous driving.

Hmmmmmmm. I recall the brouhaha when the police didn’t do anything for the car passenger caught on camera getting out and attacking a cyclist.

MoreCashThanDash

superdale – “road rage” does not exist as a criminal offence. If they touch you, it’s assault.

As the copper who dealt with my case said “You can shout at each other as much as you like, but the first one to touch the other loses”

coffeeking
    Free Member

In reality you can’t shout at each other as much as you like, not so long back I saw a TV cop programme (UK) where a motorcyclist shouted a profanity at a car driver who nearly took him out, the cop stopped the motorcyclist and ticketed him for swearing (in front of people/kids in a shopping centre).

duckman

As an aside, was anything ever done about the guy attacking the cyclist? I remember some excuse about having his car stolen and then returned

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

CK; I’ve had nearly exactly the same experience. almost got wiped out by a BMW (he turned suddenly inot the bus lane I was in without checking it was clear), the sudden shock caused me to swear profusely, and the coppers who just happened to be walking by nicked me and din’t do owt to the driver, even though they’d clearly seen him driving without due care etc. Proper bang out of order. What, swearing is worse than dangerous driving?? Jeeze…

Car is King. Psychlists are way down the food chain…

Effin, just invite him to an Internet debate with you. It’ll drive him to suicide.

No, that’s just nasty, but I’d quite like to see tossers like that give up cycling.

kilo

Little Tip for roadies what want to act like knobs; Don’t wear club kit what I can then use to identify exactly who you are, where you live and who you work for

Just e mail the club, traditional road clubs don’t actualy want their memebrs to act like knobs even more so to other cyclists – tri clubs not so sure about 😉

DougD

If someone stops their car to confront are you a victim of road rage or assualt?

superdale – “road rage” does not exist as a criminal offence. If they touch you, it’s assault

I’d have thought road rage would be classed as assault – the threat of bodily harm, if they touch you then it’s battery.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Swearing is worse than dangerous driving. On STW it is.

Cougar

I’ve yet to see someone banned from the forum for assault filter avoidance.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Its just not worth it at the end of the day the guy in the car will win if he wants to run you over, just let it pass. Its so hard to do but its te right thing to do.

Saying that would have been nice if you had stuck the heed in him. Then 5hat in his drivers seat.

scruff
    Free Member

I have a long but not too steep climb home from work, I was taking it easy and got drafted then passed by two proper roadies they said ‘hello’ and checked by bike (Roadrat) then pedalled off.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Swearing is worse than dangerous driving. On STW it is

yoda, that bollocks

molgrips
    Free Member

If I get into a confrontation I shall be looking for an opportunity to cleanly reach in and grab the car keys from the ignition, toss them into a field then cycle off. Making sure I turn off somewhere and choose a different route before he finds them. And then move to a new town and possibly country.

DezB
    Free Member

Then 5hat in his drivers seat

Nah, get carlphillips’ dog to do it 😛

Kato

Where did this happen?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘First dice with death. :-)’ is closed to new replies.