Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 212 total)
  • Mechanical things that make you go…."Oh my, that's lovely!"
  • Northwind

CharlieMungus – Member

So, the guns are ok, but the sex toy not. Which would be least appropriate for a child to have access to?

I played cowboys and indians as a kid. I never played cowboys and machine-assisted masturbators.

Also the guns are serious responses to the thread, content not punchlines. If you post up a really mechanically interesting and aesthetically pleasing vibrator, maybe that’ll be OK 😉

wool

Its all fab I would buy whole lot if the loto came up this week,apart from the guns and that Kona shut & cut what going on there? yuk.

Gary_C

CharlieMungus – Member
    So, the guns are ok, but the sex toy not.

yunki
    Free Member

Tattoo machines

philconsequence
    Free Member

So, the guns are ok, but the sex toy not

I played cowboys and indians as a kid. I never played cowboys and machine-assisted masturbators.

should’ve dug around your parents bedroom a bit more 😈

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

m1kea
    Free Member

althepal

Easy, tis the Caspian Sea Monster.

Here’s a few of my pics of things mechanical;

Tiger 131

Lancia Stratos

Blackmoor Vale’s drive rod

And a bit of camera pron

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Also the guns are serious responses to the thread, content not punchlines. If you post up a really mechanically interesting and aesthetically pleasing vibrator, maybe that’ll be OK

Well, the point was double edged, yes the ramapant rabbit makes people say “oh my, that’s lovely” but also in design terms it represented a large step change in the design and functionality of vibrators. If you take the time to look at the design and think about the it’s use, you will see the synergy of form and function which is present in an only in, all great design classics. The rampant rabbit is so well recognised as a classic that it actually features in the Design Museum on the South Bank. Yet it somehow fails to meet some individual’s criterion on here. Oh well, can’t expect the provinces to be as ‘hip’ as that there London.

toys19
    Free Member

Teej my old man was a vampire pilot.

I cannot believe this hasn’t been posted.. Crap pic but the Harrier rocks.

aracer
    Free Member

Ooh, nice klunk – to save anybody else searching, http://www.instructables.com/id/Ornithopter/ <off to find some coffee stirring sticks>

aracer
    Free Member

If you’re submitting that toys, then you’ve got to have this

aracer
    Free Member

Though to get away from the cars and planes here’s a modern implementation of a really old one

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

A bit more down to earth. I remember truly lusting after a T140 Bonneville – I had a Trophy 250 at the time. Triumph were advertising in the mags – IIRC the Bonnie was something like £560

Klunk
    Free Member

toys ? full size ornithopters are a bit thin on the ground

toys19
    Free Member

you must have me blocked klunk.

Klunk
    Free Member

who said that ?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Always loved Mamood miniature steam engines – we had one when we were kids and I remember happy times setting it up with our dad and the great smell of meths.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

100!

Klunk
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

How about

Sorry, but for some reason Klunk’s image reminded me of it.

wwaswas

I do like some of the steampunk stuff;

but you can’t beat a big bit of industrial machinery for ‘gosh that looks interesting I wonder how it works’ type stuff;

I love the factory visit phot assignments in Rouleur.

Klunk
    Free Member

styling by wacky races, love it 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Some Italian art…. 🙂

Ducati 916 by jacqamoe, on Flickr

And from the rear….

Bimbler
    Free Member

The 28×28 wheel drive vehicle used to move the telescopes around at the Atacama Large Millimeter Array as featured on the Horizon episode “seeing Stars”

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

More Italian Art, love it ! (crap photo)

bikebouy
    Free Member

LHC, CERN

wwaswas

BRM V16 – lovely car, engine and the sound always makes the hairs on the back of my hair stand up.

Standing next to one at Silverstone as they warmed it up is one of my abidign memories. 40 blokes all stood round grinnign with blood runnign out of their ears. One of the few cars you could hear doing a whole lap of the circuit.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZMPDCNyQxE[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82bUJJuW270&feature=related[/video]

RustySpanner

derek_starship
    Free Member

The world’s largest earth mover by German firm Krupp.

Not beautiful by any stretch but Jesus – it’s bloody massive. Imagine the size of its balls 😆

EDIT: @ Klunk – hmmm….quite a disturbing picture of cammo compound bow on slightly cripsy bottom sheet…

Stoner
    Free Member

derek – better representation of it’s awesomeness:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azEvfD4C6ow[/video]

derek_starship
    Free Member

Newsprint machine at Palm Paper in Kings Lynn.

RustySpanner

derek_starship
    Free Member

Stoner – I feel like I need a long hot shower after that, I somehow feel sullied. What a disturbing piece of film.

*reaches for Foamburst*

aracer
    Free Member

Some Italian art

meh – we’ve already had plenty of threads with pics like that

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’m not usually a fan of ‘old stuff’ – but i do like the mechanism of a sewing machine, it’s really clever. and i like the pedal-powered nature of the old singers.

they make a lovely sound too.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Firstly there’s this. Mankind’s greatest achievement in my humble opinion:

Then there’s this. You can forget your F-16s or Tornados, this is what I went to airshows in the 1980s to see as a child:

And I’m also a bit of a Mk2 Golf nerd too:

Harry_the_Spider

Rusty, is the hangar in that picture far away or too small? If it is the latter they will pop the airship when they try to put it away.

bikebouy
    Free Member

This..

Then this..

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 212 total)

The topic ‘Mechanical things that make you go…."Oh my, that's lovely!"’ is closed to new replies.