Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • First Cold of the Season (FCS) FFS
  • jaminb
    Free Member

i have a cold, not full blown man flu, just a snotty nose and a sore throat – I don’t think it is even autumn yet.

Any tips for avoiding in the future?

I cycle commute so mainly avoid public transport, enjoy eating vegetables and fruit and don’t smoke. I do however have two young sick notes that hoover up germs from anywhere.

Before it is suggested, child avoidance, plenty of rest and C & H’s are not practical options

thanks

Drac

Hand hygiene.

bruneep

avoid the general public

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Don’t pick your nose

wash your hands

wear a surgical mask at all times

Also a bad cold is not the Flu

qwerty
    Free Member

I’m 8 days into mine, sore throat for the whole 8 days, with add ons of snotty nose and a few days of coughing green chunks. I don’t do ill very well.

martymac

Im just getting over mine, 3 weeks of runny nose and coughing.

i’ve noticed that if i make a real effort to keep my hands away from my face when at work, then I don’t get coughs and sniffles so often.

filthy lucre is a very true phrase, it stinks.

IHN

Yup, in the midst of it at the moment; sore throat last Friday, felt a bit ropey over the weekend, steady crescendo this week into full-blown snot monster today. Lovely…

cloudnine
    Free Member

Wash your hands properly.  Most people don’t wash for long enough with soap.  Don’t touch your nose, eyes or face. Most viruses are picked up on your hands and transmitted by rubbing your eyes or nose.

P-Jay
    Free Member

In my experience,

Avoid having children, they’re just drooling germ carriers.

Avoid having a Nurse for a wife, they have supreme immune systems and wash their hands religiously, but they spend all day with sick people and bring every germ known to science home with them.

Sleep 7 hours a night or more.

Don’t ride if you think you might be coming down with something.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Had ~10 days of nose and throat infection, next day seemed I was getting over it, by following day (Monday just gone) I had a nose/chest infection brewing with achy limbs and that “eyes glazed over” feeling. :/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘First Cold of the Season (FCS) FFS’ is closed to new replies.