• This topic has 258 replies, 105 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by gonzy.
Viewing 19 posts - 241 through 259 (of 259 total)
  • Firing staff
  • Xylene
    Free Member

What is this dishwasher tab business? Why do workplaces have dishwashers and not sinks? Is this a new trend?

jamj1974

As I stated. I read and re-read this thread and took some advice . I decided on the Verbal warning all official and on record in front of a witness, then a car park chat of the reality of the situation. I will not tolerate petty theft in the workplace.

That sounds a good step. If he messes up now – he knows the score and what will happen. You’ve done the right thing.

Fed up of having my ear chewed off because all the choclates are gone, or all of the cup cakes that were left for us. 2 for each of us, someone had 7 and some staff got none.
    Imagine you worked in a big office with 12 people in it, and it was your 40th birthday. You bought 12 cakes , but only 4 people got one as the others had mysteriously disappeared between 0800 and 1230

I think most people can understand why you would feel that way.

You lot will be suggesting we all link arms and let each other fall backwards and be caught as a trust and team building exercise, never, ever going to happen.

I’m not sure many of us would support the above. I think several of us were suggesting that you shouldn’t take steps you may regret,because from your posts it wasn’t clear you had fulfilled some key management responsibilities. If you get hard proof of his wrongdoing, get rid and make sure he knows why. That would be the appropriate course of action then.

pondo

Whilst I agree with much of what you say its pretty hard to treat the thief like the one who is being picked on here.

Do we actually know if they ARE the thief yet?

binners

Have you considered turning the office into an ISIS caliphate?

You could chop his hands off with a big sword then.

Cougar

Do we actually know if they ARE the thief yet?

It’s the OP, isn’t it. I’m on to you, sir.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Can you claim unfair dismissal if you believe you are being held responsible for a crime you didn’t commit?

No, but you can escape into the Los Angeles underground.

singletrackmind

If you can find them, maybe you could hire the light fingered team.

And as part of my new management skillz I have contacted the supplier of the chemicals to try to get new, different labelling and /or packaging to make it stand out from other raw ingrediants . I have also put in place a double-check / double signiture policy on those specific deliveries.

Drac

Now you’ve got it. 😀

Pudding for you.

Kuco

Pudding for you.

Unless the thieving git gets to it first 🙂

deepreddave
    Free Member

I do like the genuine source of good advice, blended with p##s taking and sarcasm, that the hive mind provides. Congrats to you all and the OP for having the sense and confidence to take it in board and admit so on here.
    My money is on the thefts continuing so some locked away celebrations laced with a variety of chemicals would still be a good plan (a red food dye injected would be a good indicator).

DezB
    Free Member

source of good advice, blended with p##s taking and sarcasm, that the hive mind provides.
    It’s why we come here innit 🙂

Cougar

No, but you can escape into the Los Angeles underground.

Only if you intend to survive as soldiers of fortune.

It’s why we come here innit

STW. You’ll come for the bikes; you’ll stay for the bollocks.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You’ll come for the bikes; you’ll stay for the bollocks mini eggs.

PJM1974
    Free Member

If you can find them, maybe you could hire the light fingered team.

Having regained a sense of humour this morning, I have to admit to a chuckle at that. 😆

jamj1974

Good candidate for STW quote of the decade.

Cougar – Modernist
    STW. You’ll come for the bikes; you’ll stay for the bollocks

senorj

“I do like the genuine source of good advice, blended with p##s taking and sarcasm”
    Me too.
    Nice one o.p. , here’s hoping he takes heed of his bollocking.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fed up of having my ear chewed off because all the choclates are gone, or all of the cup cakes that were left for us. 2 for each of us, someone had 7 and some staff got none.

Sorry that was me…

Though as a general rule turn up for cake time or miss out.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

STW. You’ll come for the bikes; you’ll stay for the bollocks.
    There are bikes?

gonzy
    Free Member

There are bikes?

what’s a bike?

Viewing 19 posts - 241 through 259 (of 259 total)

The topic ‘Firing staff’ is closed to new replies.