Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fire destroys New Model Army's studio
  • sc-xc

I know there are a few fans on here, but if you’ve not been following this on facebook there was a massive fire at their studio a couple of days ago.

From Joolz:

OK – the boys have been let into the studio and anything uncovered in the face of the blaze was destroyed, including a wall-mounted rack of beloved old Les Pauls, SGs, Lowdens etc reduced to a charred twisted mess. All the studio recording equipment, the Hammond, the WASP, the harmonium, Robert’s remaining Slingerland drum kit, much of Michael Dean’s kit has all gone too. But – some of the touring gear which was in hard cases may be salvageable (we have to see what the luthier says about the cased guitars) although its all soaked through. The bag of lyrics has been found and may with care be saved. There is hope, folks, and never forget, it’s only stuff and can mostly be replaced, no one was hurt, and that’s the most important thing. Thank you again for your kind good wishes. And thanks to the fire service for being, well, brave and generally wonderful.

😐

grantway
    Free Member

I take it someone didn’t like them then

yossarian
    Free Member

Sounds pithy maybe, but theres any group of people that could handle this it’s NMA.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Saw Joolz tweet about this. I had to confess I needed to look luthier up though!

Dreadful news.

john_drummer
    Free Member

ouch. still, as their post says, it’s mostly “stuff”. I’d be gutted if my drum kit went up in smoke but it would be insured so not the end of the world. I’d be more upset if the cat was in the house at the time.

Rob’s Slingerland kit would be a different story though – lots of sentimental value there, I would think

Napalm
    Free Member

Dear God what is this evil that ‘they’ must have done?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fire destroys New Model Army's studio’ is closed to new replies.