Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Finished it… Off out for a ride now!
  • mboy
    Free Member

Finally got it finished in the wee small hours last night…

https://scontent.fbrs1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/80099753_10157392697316998_1220706697106948096_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=7s7IWNsEhwEAQkJgQgNLw7Mt0F052zNi8xriQlkzwiHA0xl1Zgn_YKulQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fbrs1-1.fna&oh=927fe94b7c8779fda458efb6e91f7c89&oe=5EAC0AE6

https://scontent.fbrs1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/80342341_10157392697401998_5924909463596171264_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ohc=VI94hweh23kAQnPYZOpJC5Rv_xjpCOt95l7NJ2udzUKwMdT4wijJCWUBQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fbrs1-1.fna&oh=c3da6eb8881550901369e08e0f2ede96&oe=5E6B2FC7

The details…

Titus Zestar Frame (Large)
    Fox 34 Performance GRIP @ 130mm 44mm offset
    SLX M7100 12spd Groupset
    M520 Deore 4 pot brakes 180/160 rotors
    DT240 hubs, Stans Arch rims, Schwalbe Fat Alberts
    Crank Bros Highline dropper
    45mm Whyte stem (probably be replaced with something a bit more boutique soon)
    Burgtec Carbon riser bars
    Ergon GD1 grips
    Random old Velo saddle I’ve had for ages that is supremely comfy
    Ti King Cage that I found years ago!

FWIW, Orange grips and saddle are in lieu of anything black in my spares right now, at least they sort of match! I actually think they set it off nicely from boring monochrome otherwise! We’ll see if they stay or not…

Quick trip up and down the road, and well… It feels exactly like a bike!

Now off to give it a proper shakedown ride…

kayak23

Nice 👌 Enjoy

weeksy

Like that!!!

bikerevivesheffield

Love that

Kryton57

Thats rather nice….

There’s something about owning and building a work horse day to day SLX level bike thats quite appealing.

Poopscoop

Tidy looking bike mate, enjoy!👍

mboy
    Free Member

There’s something about owning and building a work horse day to day SLX level bike thats quite appealing.

You got it mate… New job I’m gonna be on the road quite a lot, wanted a bike that can come with me as often as possible that I wouldn’t be precious about, which for me meant a metal frame (preferably without paint!) and a drivetrain that I won’t wince about riding it through the mud. I did briefly consider XT, but the minimal weight saving didn’t worry me, but the 2 ally cogs on the cassette did. I’m a confirmed SRAM fan at the high end, but NX just doesn’t cut it IMO, so giving the 12spd SLX a go.

CheesybeanZ

That looks ” downcountry” 😉😁

mboy
    Free Member

That looks ” downcountry”

You know you’re out of touch when you have to google the latest marketing BS to be able to respond to posts on here!

With that, I’m off out for a ride! 😉

ads678

Well nice that. I like the orange bits.

Kryton57

Likewise Mboy, you’re whole para is reflective of my decision on the Clockwork Evo a couple of months ago.   I’m sticking a Brand X dropper (the OEM one is known to be shite and has packed in already) and “olden days” Sale SDG Bel Air on it tomorrow – its so nice that weight isn’t a consideration!

I hope that rides as good as it looks!

Poopscoop

mboy

You know you’re out of touch when you have to google the latest marketing BS to be able to respond to posts on here!

With that, I’m off out for a ride!

I had to Google that too! Lol

toblerone1

Nice, liking that!

martinhutch

Lovely smart bike, that.

Paving could do with a jetwash though.

Merry Christmas. 🙂

big_scot_nanny

Superb bit of kit, get out and thrash it!

gallowayboy

Lovely. Enjoy. Replace the orange bits though! Happy Christmas!

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s around peak VFM

bsims
    Free Member

I like the coloured bits mboy, as you say they add a splash of colour. What about black grips, then the orange seat clamp and blue dial add some interest. You could get a sun race cassette with red spider and a anodised green lock ring. Lots of colour when you look closely on an otherwise cool monochrome.

matt_outandabout

That looks a real giggle.

Those weeds in the bricks though…

mboy
    Free Member

Well it’s been well and truly christened now!

20km round the Wyre Forest earlier, in what can only be described as “Heavy” in Horse racing terms (probably beyond that even!), the bike handled itself well. Got to do a bit of tweaking with position (move saddle back a few mm, swap stem spacers round etc.) to get it spot on, but yeah, it felt good. Crucially the enormous mud clearance is exactly what the doctor ordered to be able to get out and do some miles in the UK in winter.

Anyway… It’s funny how a 66deg HA on a Hardtail doesn’t feel slack these days! I had worried it might feel a bit LLS for a “normal” trail Hardtail, but seems having got used to FS bikes with circa 65deg HA this felt more like a traditional XC bike than I was expecting! Still… Probably not a bad thing!

That looks a real giggle.

It was fun for sure, bit hard to gauge how much fun just yet cos the conditions were so soft. But was able to attack the descents faster than I would have on previous hardtails, and I’d have been stopping every 50m to clear the mud out of the stays on my full sus in those conditions!

Those weeds in the bricks though…

Bought the house 12 months ago yesterday… The year I’ve had, the drive hasn’t been high on the list of priorities! I know it needs doing, should you feel it offends enough and you have the spare time, by all means, pop round, I’ll put the kettle on! 😉

fathomer

Looks good that, a 29er hardtail is a strong want at the minute and this isn’t helping!

nickc

That looks excellent, been looking at Ti hardtails on and off myself, those Titus frames look just the job. Cracking build on yours though

qwerty
    Free Member

👍

stayhigh

Nice 🙂

Kryton57

What’s the little house in the woods though? I’d be nervous of riding past that on the dark as it feels a bit Blair Witch but interested to know why it’s there.

singlespeedstu

Its where MicArms use to take noobs to murder them.

garage-dweller

That looks lovely. Enjoy (oh you already did) 😁

jkomo

Looks ace

ta11pau1

Very nice, I still really want a titanium hardtail, maybe next year…

plus-one

Looks good 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Finished it… Off out for a ride now!’ is closed to new replies.