• This topic has 139 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 140 total)
  • Pillock in a jag (Unbelieveabe content)
  • yossarian
    Free Member

Welcome to Britain

rudebwoy
    Free Member

I take it that its down by the head with volvos’ round your way mikeconnor?

mikeconnor
    Free Member

The Volvos seem to be giving way to Espace type people carriers. Still quite a few 90s volvos around though, those things are seemingly indestructible.

I’d always wondereed why orthodox Jewish people seemed to favour Volvos, in fact it was a proper stereotype when I was growing up.

http://www.somethingjewish.co.uk/articles/112_i_m_a_gentile_living.htm

BMWs and Mercedes are notable by their absense. really makes you think about things, if you stop and ponder it.

Oh and for anyone concerned about my ‘anti-Semitism’; my girlfriend is Jewish, as are many of my friends (some of my best friends are black/gay/Jewish).
    Adn they are some of the most vociferous critics of the driving habits of ‘frummers’. One jewish freind has a massive dent on the side of his car following an accident with a member of the orthodox community. Insurance premiums are very high in that area, if you park on the street.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Adn they are some of the most vociferous critics of the driving habits of ‘frummers’. One jewish freind has a massive dent on the side of his car following an accident with a member of the orthodox community.

So you’ve picked up their sectarian prejudices ?

martinxyz
    Free Member

Here’s a few things to ponder.

We have all been taught to follow one set of rules – The Highway Code. Courtesy often causes problems. The driver waiting to pull out was no doubt thinking that their manoeuvre is going to take place after you pass to their right. They have no intentions of pulling out until this takes place and its clear to go.

When people get waved out of junctions,anxiousness kicks in and their brains have to work a little overtime to deal with what’s ahead. It ends up making the manoeuvre harder as the courteous driver will be sitting and blocking the view of what’s to their left (not in your case on a scooter*) so they now have a more dangerous manoeuvre at hand due to your courtesy. They want to pull out quickly so can then make your own manoeuvre but it can often lead to people making the wrong decisions and causing accidents.

Mr Jag may well be a very good driver but approaching from behind he too may have got confused with how both of you were going about your manoeuvres as described in the highway code and thought that the other car driver is LAST to get priority at this junction.. YOU weren’t moving… and to make everything actually happen, his split second reaction may have been to go around you.

He might reflect on it and realise what he had done,and when you describe the story of him repeatedly saying ‘you were stopped’,this probably led to his error as his mind was thinking that drivers on the main road need to pull in first to let the driver filtering out on their way.

It’s your courtesy that has led to confusion. Its a shame,Peter.. but this is what happens when the next driver behind isn’t taking it as easy as he should to think about it all and just assumes that he needed to get into that road to enable the car to move out.

Again,maybe he IS an arse and was proving a point. That your decision to let the other car out ends up causing other problems.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

I like the Irish rural folks’ attitude to cars, they don’t worry about cosmetics like bumps and scratches, all part of the character, and when they go no more, they just get another.

I know people that are enraged by a scratch and rush to litigation for re-spays costing many hundreds at the drop of a hat.

The Volvo thing was told me by an elderly jew , who was not very orthodox 😉

mikeconnor
    Free Member

So you’ve picked up their sectarian prejudices ?

Hardly. It’s a common gripe round here. Another friend lives in Upton Park, and round there, it’s young Asian men who seem to be the worst drivers. Point is, it’s not ‘racist’ to point this out, especially not when facts support such claims.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How do they get their driving licenses ? ………these Orthodox Jews and Asians from Upton Park.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Point is, it’s not ‘racist’ to point this out, especially not when facts support such claims.

Is there an opening in the EDL or the BNP for a PR man

IIRC they have lots of facts about races and given how well you did promoting CM it would seem a match made in heaven

mikeconnor
    Free Member

How do they get their driving licenses ? ………these Orthodox Jews and Asians from Upton Park.

took a driving test like everyone else?

Bad driving isn’t restricted to orthodox Jews and Asians you know.

Is there an opening in the EDL or the BNP for a PR man
    IIRC they have lots of facts about races and given how well you did promoting CM it would seem a match made in heaven

Can you really not do any better than that? Pathetic.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Sorry I forgot you did not get/do sarcasm.
    However it was a serious point they do indeed claim all there views about races are fact based just like you.
    Like you [ in this instance] it is a negative view of races and like them it is entirely fact based and not racist.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

took a driving test like everyone else?

So they all past alright, despite being bad drivers ? You can understand my curiosity, right ?

BTW, how come I don’t recall ever being asked my ethnicity or religious views when I’ve applied for car insurance ?

If facts support the claim that certain religious or ethnic groups are particularly bad drivers, as you assert, and it’s not racist, then surely these groups get charged more for their car insurance – no ?

mikeconnor
    Free Member

so, because I dared voicing my honest opinion about the driving habits of members of a particular group, opinions based on experience, observation and knowledge, and dared to mention that I instinctively exercise more caution when encountering drivers who appear to be from that group, that I’m somehow akin to members of the BNP and EDL?

You need to get a grip mate. and maybe step away from your keyboard once in a while, and actually take a look at what happens in real life.

I take it you live in Stamford Hill and have extensive experience of the driving habits of locals then? Looking forward to you proving just how wrong I am.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

BTW, how come I don’t recall ever being asked my ethnicity or religious views when I’ve applied for car insurance ?

If facts support the claim that certain religious or ethnic groups are particularly bad drivers, as you assert, and it’s not racist, then surely these groups get charged more for their car insurance – no ?

Insurance in that area is high partly because of the very high incidence of damage toparked cars. Having witnessed several bumps and near-misses, i can understand why. In every incident i’ve seen, the driver of the vehicle which caused the collision was an orthodox Jew. That isn’t of course to say that the only bad drivers in that area are from that community, by God there are loads from other groups, but that I have seen enough to make me wary of drivers from that particular community, in that particular area.

brakes
    Free Member

all you racists will be ok driving round Stamford Hill tomorrow as them Jews don’t drive on Shabbat.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Now would be a good time for that photo of a spade Mr Junkyard.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

all you racists will be ok driving round Stamford Hill tomorrow as them Jews don’t drive on Shabbat.

It certainly feels a good bit safer on Shabbos. Miffs me that I can’t get rugelach, schmaltz herring, lox or Viennas on a Saturday though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mike = Fred

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Am I going to get an answer concerning whether people from certain ethnic or religious groups pay more for their car insurance mikeconnor ? …. since “the facts” apparently “support such claims”.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

I’m very cautious around ‘old’ folk who seem to be otherwise pre-occupied, boy racers who seem very aggressive(in tin cans), any road user really unless/until i’ve made ‘contact’…..

Never thought about ethnicity in that sense, but i can imagine if a lot of poor driving/inconsiderate use was predominately seen to be made by a certain group you would almost by de-fault attach that tag to members of said group as a generalism, not a specific.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

At last, someone who can think clearly, and not get all wound up over things they imagine have been said! thanks rudebwoy!

Am I going to get an answer concerning whether people from certain ethnic or religious groups pay more for their car insurance mikeconnor ?

Why not ask a car insurance company? I don’t seel car insurance so I can’t ansewer your question I’m afraid.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Insurance cannot discriminate on gender,or race.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Just as well PP didn’t mention that the jag’s passenger was a Jewish Asian from Upton Park.
    Then it could have got really nasty.
    Whilst I can understand PPs reasons for letting the learner out, it just causes confusion when the hard of thinking (jag man) encounter situations like that they can’t cope.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

some of my best friends are people 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Insurance cannot discriminate on gender,or race

So they would be alright if they charged Orthodox Jews more than non-Orthodox Jews then ?

Why not ask a car insurance company?

‘Cause I would feel very silly asking them “is it true what I heard on an internet forum that Orthodox Jews have more car accidents than non-Orthodox Jews”.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

“is it true what I heard on an internet forum that Orthodox Jews have more car accidents than non-Orthodox Jews”.

Where did you read that then?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Where did you read that then?

Well I read it here :

mikeconnor – Member

My girlfriend lives in an area with a large population of orthodox Jews. Many of them are terrible drivers;

And here :

mikeconnor – Member

…my girlfriend is Jewish, as are many of my friends (some of my best friends are black/gay/Jewish).
    Adn they are some of the most vociferous critics of the driving habits of ‘frummers’. One jewish freind has a massive dent on the side of his car following an accident with a member of the orthodox community.

I’m surprised you didn’t read it as you wrote it yourself.

brakes
    Free Member

Insurance cannot discriminate on gender,or race

but they can by postcode and therefore be indirectly prejudiced towards the Hackney Hasidics who all live in close proximity.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

So where does it say ‘orthodox Jews have more car accidents than non-orthodox Jews’?

i’ll leave you to work it out. i’m off to bed. Night.

simmy
    Free Member

Firstly, in my opinion, the guy in the jag was totally at fault for not reading / anticipating PP’s actions.

To come from behind, undertake THEN turn right is clearly at least driving without due care and attention.

One thing I will ask for though is Please dont let learners go when you have priority. Causes all kind of problems, depending on the experience of the learner.

From them panicking, rushing then stalling to them then thinking that they can go first when they next get to the same situation.

A learner who is test standard would be fine, but how does anyone know what experience anyone on the road has let alone what a learner has ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So where does it say ‘orthodox Jews have more car accidents than non-orthodox Jews’?

LOL ! So after all that you’re now saying that Orthodox Jews have the same amount of car accidents ! 😀

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Brakes- as well as postcode, the use of ‘occupation’ is another way that will change your quote — t

cinnamon_girl

I struggle with long sentences but an observation from my son who lives in That London – in an area well-known for its Jewish population.

He sometimes walks a dog and apparently, without fail, a Jewish person will cross the road to avoid him and said dog. Is there something in their beliefs about dogs or is it my son who’s scary?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

what type of dog- big, small, rabid,

what type of lad- big ,small ,rabid ?

i do not really see the connection on the info you have given, can you get your son to do some empirical experiments with a defined objective ?

cinnamon_girl

Lol, it’s a Lab and my son is 6’4″. He says it always happens, weird.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

does your son ‘bark’ ?

user-removed
    Free Member

There’s a large Orthodox Jewish population not very far from me. I honestly can’t comment on their driving habits, but can confirm that they really, really don’t like dogs. It seems to be fear rather than dislike and has caused me a few problems when walking my pink-nosed, white, very sweet terrier / lurcher cross.

boblo
    Free Member

So let’s just summarise:

Poddy driving home waves to let a learner out
    Impatient man in Jag drives round him happens to look a bit Nepalese and is in Army uniform
    Poddy takes exception and there’s a bit of manly gurning
    STW spends the next 8 hours waffling on about all sorts of tangential shite
    That it? <sigh>

Dobbo

Nice dog.

Badly composed photo though.

bigyinn
    Free Member

boblo – Member

So let’s just summarise:

Poddy driving home waves to let a learner out
    Impatient man in Jag drives round him happens to look a bit Nepalese and is in Army uniform
    Poddy takes exception and there’s a bit of manly gurning
    STW spends the next 8 hours waffling on about all sorts of tangential shite
    That it? <sigh>
    Bingo! boblo! ( :mrgreen: )

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘Pillock in a jag (Unbelieveabe content)’ is closed to new replies.