• This topic has 139 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 140 total)
  • Pillock in a jag (Unbelieveabe content)
  • boblo
    Free Member

Ooo an argument about a theoretical argument. Yossarian, you are a star 🙂

geoffj

A bit like noticing that most football hooligans appear to be white.

😆

davidjones15
    Free Member

Of course it’s a belief. You see an Orthodox Jew and believe that they are going to drive badly based on previous experience rather than on their driving style.

A bit like noticing that most football hooligans appear to be white.

Not at all the same. Assuming all white football fans are hooligans based on seeing that most hooligans are white, would be closer, based on what you’ve said.

yossarian
    Free Member

Ooo an argument about a theoretical argument. Yossarian, you are a star

8)

davidjones15
    Free Member

Ooo an argument about a theoretical argument. Yossarian, you are a star

😆 and out.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Try Stamford Hill. I’m sure you could get the entire ensemble if you so wished.

Thanks. I think I’ll give the suit a miss, but that hat is superb.

Rubber_Buccaneer

To get back to the original rant, do I understand this correctly? PP was turning right using the slip lane and waved a learner out into the traffic coming up behind him?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To be fair, I think you’re not supposed to wave drivers out are you? I certainly wouldn’t if it was a learner driver waiting to do a right turn and I was in a filter where other traffic would come up behind me. Especially as it’s a learner driver. It’s probably better to let him/her and his/her instructor make that decision.

EDIT: which is what I think Buccaneer is getting at.

EDIT SQUARED: which doesn’t mean that the OP’s intentions were good…we should all give learners a break. Nor does it forgive the behaviour of the Jag driver.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

Of course it’s a belief. You see an Orthodox Jew and believe that they are going to drive badly based on previous experience rather than on their driving style.

Fair enough. but is it actually ‘racist’? Given that my actions aren’t motivated by fear, anger or hatred, but a sense of self-preservation.

Not at all the same. Assuming all white football fans are hooligans based on seeing that most hooligans are white, would be closer, based on what you’ve said.

If I was looing to avoid being caught up in an outbreak of football holiganism, would it not be prudent to be on the lookout for large groups of white males, in areas surrounding football grounds? A situation we found ourselves in last weekend, whilst travelling near Millwall FC’s ground. Given that club’s history of football hooliganism, was it not prudent for us to exercise caution when encountering large groups of white males in that particular area?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Exactly DD, I’d let them decide what to do in their own time. I’d hate to watch it all go wrong because they didn’t nip out as quick as I expected.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

PP, in that picture were you going straight on and the jag turning right?

No, both going right.
    I stopped in the right turn lane, he was behind me, but came round on my left and turned right in front of me as the learner I was letting out (Fairly heavy traffic from the college everywhere) pulled out to turn right. He cut 2 vehicles up in one sweet manoeuvre
    I live less than 1/2 mile down that road, Jag bloke less than half that…..

molgrips
    Free Member

Racism is surely ascribing characteristics to people you don’t know, based on race..?

PP if you’d said old codger in an old Audi A4 I’d have though it was the same bloke from my road rage incident earlier. A similar manouevre.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

Thanks. I think I’ll give the suit a miss, but that hat is superb.

A shtreimel is what you want. a real fur one of course. Be prepared to cough up though, they cost a fortune!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bloody hell, they’re a bit pricey. I might have to go for a synthetic one seeing as I’m not too keen on wearing fur.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

To be fair, I think you’re not supposed to wave drivers out are you?

So? You don’t have to say please and thank you either. But some people are just too nice I guess. I turn down that road and pull out of it all the time. I know it can be a right PIG to pull out of it, so it’s very nice to be let out, and I return the favour when possible. That’s one of the main roads into and out of a very large housing estate. There’s a big college there, there’s big busses all over the place at home time, it gets VERY busy. Manners cost me nothing and as I’m 30 seconds from home, it’ no skin off my back

What’s worse?
    a) Letting someone out of a junction when “You’re not supposed to”
    b) Cutting round in front of someone stopped to turn right

????????????

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m getting a clearer picture, Jag man was behind in the slip lane then pulled a rather outrageous maneuver to go around PP. I hope he realised he was an idiot and felt so ashamed all he could think to say was ‘why did you stop?’

Rubber_Buccaneer

Bloody hell, they’re a bit pricey

Don’t be so….er, never mind.

yossarian
    Free Member

Racism is surely ascribing characteristics to people you don’t know, based on race..?

So if I said that all the Indians round here cooked great curry, kept themselves to themselves and didn’t cause any bother would that be racist?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

PP if you’d said old codger in an old Audi A4 I’d have though it was the same bloke from my road rage incident earlier. A similar manouevre.

Really?
    Tell you what, you know my £400 Omega, well it’s off to the scrappers on Monday. If I’d have been in that I’d have driven into the side of him as he came round.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So if I said that all the Indians round here cooked great curry, kept themselves to themselves and didn’t cause any bother would that be racist?

That would make you a troll. Stop it. I’m not rising to you any more. All you’ve been trying to do this whole thread is make yourself look clever an cause arguments. It’s not working. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Jag man was behind in the slip lane then pulled a rather outrageous maneuver to go around PP.

Yep

I hope he realised he was an idiot and felt so ashamed all he could think to say was ‘why did you stop?’

Nope

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jeez, easy tiger! That’s why I said (if you’d read it):

which doesn’t mean that the OP’s intentions were good…we should all give learners a break. Nor does it forgive the behaviour of the Jag driver.

However, I think that in the situation you describe, and having looked at the road layout, if it were a normal driver pulling out, I’d have a look in the rear view, if it were clear, I’d wave them out because it’s the nice thing to do. If there was traffic approaching from behind, I’d just do my own manoeuvre and be done with it. If it was a learner driver, trying to do a right turn, I would turn right, giving them plenty of room as I went round and let them and their instructor decide when it’s good to turn, no matter what traffic was approaching from the rear.

I know you were trying to do the right thing and that’s just the type of guy you are 🙂 However, in this case, I think you took a wrong decision, which was compounded by the Jag driver being a dickhead.

sharki
    Free Member

Mail me his Reg and Address.

I’ll pop him in the ‘To Cull’ list for when i’m in charge.
    We’ll be culling out all the bad blood and he seems to meet the criteria.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

Would you wear a shtreimel though, Peter?

lizzz
    Free Member

I’d have a look in the rear view, if it were clear, I’d wave them out because it’s the nice thing to do.

This is what I don’t understand. If the road behind is clear, why stop to let them out… you’d be faster to complete your maneuver and just get out of their way? No?

I do let people out of junctions if it’s busy though… not so sure on ones where there is a filter lane for the right turn though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This is what I don’t understand. If the road behind is clear, why stop to let them out… you’d be faster to complete your maneuver and just get out of their way? No?

That’s true! Well spotted. But sometimes I’m so nice I can’t help myself. Depending on the right turn and the vehicle I’m driving, it might just be easier to let them out, though in the OP’s case, your point stands as there’s plenty of room to get around the driver coming out.

I think I’d be more likely to wave them out if me doing my right turn was holding up a line of traffic too.

EDIT: Jesus Christ, I nearly forgot. Obviously, I’d watch out for a cyclists coming up on the inside too.

yossarian
    Free Member

That would make you a troll. Stop it. I’m not rising to you any more. All you’ve been trying to do this whole thread is make yourself look clever an cause arguments. It’s not working.

I think it is actually. See I personally think your comments were just a teeny weeny bit racist. And I think you decided to try and cover it up when challenged. So you should expect a few pokes in the ribs really shouldn’t you?

Del

LOL.

IME orthodox Jews in Manchester are excellent drivers FWIW. 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

But do they do great food ?

scaredypants

I think I’ll give the suit a miss, but that hat is superb

So it’s not a hairdo then ? 🙁

scaredypants

Oh, and

I know you were trying to do the right thing and that’s just the type of guy you are However, in this case, I think you took a wrong decision

agreed

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I once met a brown chap who swore blind he was born in England.

Pssst. Where you were born does not determine your nationality. 😉

Edit: And by this I’m saying that if my partner gave birth to a child in the US whilst on holiday, the child would be 100% British…not American.

mav12
    Free Member

What I think he thought was that I was a 16 year old kid and he could do what he likes. When confronted by a chunky northener (Well, midlands, but I’m in the south, so it’s all the same to you lot) who wasn’t backing down, he shat his pants and got lost. Despite the army uniform.

i doubt that if he was a ghurka

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The Thought Police seem busy tonight

Junkyard
    Free Member

They are kept busy by the lack of thought posters though

mikeconnor
    Free Member

But do they do great food ?

This is important. Can’t abide minority communities that don’t do good food.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Lucky we are the majority eh

mikeconnor
    Free Member

Depends on who we are.

yossarian
    Free Member

Just keep yourself to yourself and don’t cause trouble.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

What if I make nice food?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘Pillock in a jag (Unbelieveabe content)’ is closed to new replies.