Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Finally been sucker punched, help, advice welcome.
  • twinw4ll
    Free Member

I consider myself pretty web savvy and have been purchasing items online for 20 years, unfortunately a couple of days ago in a rush to get some polycarbonate sheeting delivered i unwittingly paid £118 to a company called Roofing Megastore Ltd.

I now realise this is never going to turn up, i feel like a right mug, i paid by credit card (Mastercard) but it was processed through Paypal, does this mean i am no longer protected by section 75 consumer credit act?

Any berating or advice gratefully received.

MSP

What makes you think it won’t turn up?

Google brings up these guys. https://www.roofingmegastore.co.uk/contacts and that looks legit to me.

If you paid by CC and paypal was the transaction handler then CC protection should apply, if it was a more traditional paypal transaction then they should deal with it, unless you gifted the payment.

Drac

PayPal will see you good.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I bought roof sheets off them last month.

Arrived very quickly and as described….

Rich_s

Hmmm, Feefo reviews are a bit ‘clean’ for my liking. I was about to order some stuff off a very similar company 2 months back (not the same one) – very slick website, very easy to order, sagepay, could order tons of different things from them.

Did some digging and hidden away in various review websites and social meeja were quite a lot of stories about service either being A1+++ or utter shite. And split deliveries meaning you were never sure what would turn up when.

If you paid by MC/PP you’ll be fine in the long run tho.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

guitarhero, i think some may get what they ordered, but i think this is sophisticated and there are many who do not get their goods, did you pay online or over the phone? thanks for replies so far.

midlifecrashes

Yeah, the review sites are unreliable shite, sit tight, or, you know, pick up the phone and give them a call.

russ295
    Free Member

I’ve used them before and never had problems.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Did you get any invoices / order confirmation from them?

Call them!

twinw4ll
    Free Member

After calling them this morning i was told its out on delivery, again. Phone call from them later in the day to say they had lost it’s whereabouts and it would be delivered this Tuesday, i asked for a refund but was refused.

Their excuse was the depot was a long way from Wales ffs, i’ve had stuff from China and the US arrive quicker, if it does turn up eventually it’ll be the last time i use these clowns.

Thanks for the support, got a few things going on atm so this problem has been amplified a bit tbh.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Finally been sucker punched, help, advice welcome.’ is closed to new replies.