Viewing 36 posts - 81 through 116 (of 116 total)
  • Films You've Walked Out Of..
  • dangriff
    Free Member

2012 absolute pants

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Goldeneye

(With Brosnan the Bond series went from bad to worse and then went downhill from there.)

(Invisible car……..WTF?)

Coyote
    Free Member

Some film called "Maurice" I think. Went with my partner and a load of her mates from uni. Dozed off part way through and apparently at a particularly touching moment let out the biggest snore ever!

BoardinBob

Never walked out of anything but I came close to turning something off yesterday but I forced myself to watch it all incase it turned out to be a joke that I didn't quite get.

The film in question was War Inc with John Cusack.

Easily the worst film I've ever seen.

GrahamS

Quite surprised at some of these (Starship Troopers? Come on, that's an okay film)

But I've never walked out on a film.
    It would have to be quite startling bad for me to do so.

Having said that, I don't really go to see films unless I think I'll enjoy them in the first place. Are people just randomly wandering into stuff?

(Invisible car……..WTF?)

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&d=PG01&p=1&S1=20020090131.PGNR.&OS=DN/20020090131&RS=DN/20020090131

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2009/01/invisibility_cloak_gets_closer.html

Tim
    Free Member

Fell asleep during, and then walked out of:
    [*]Elf – utterly utterly utterly awful[/*]
    [*]The Fantastic Four[/*]

Fell asleep during:
    [*]Twilight (OH asked me to go with her)[/*]
    [*]Blair Witch Project[/*]
    [*]Blair Witch Project 2 – really dont know why I went again[/*]
    [*]Harry Potter – one of them – with dragons, that one[/*]

Fell asleep, nearly died of boredom, felt horribly uncomfortable through various scenes and then and had the barely controllable urge to get up, scream, and run around:
    [*]Lord of the Rings – all of them[/*]

Got told off for heckling Winslets full frontal, stopped paying attention 2 mins in anyway, and completely lost track after laughing at the bloke hitting the propellor:
    [*]Titanic[/*]

I very nearly walked out of 2012, but I really wanted to see if it could out-turd its earlier abominations. It did

I have a strange fascination to watch this now 🙂

jimmy

Date Movie. Utter utter garbage. Only film I've walked out of ever, was too painful to watch never mind being just bad.

gavinski
    Free Member

Late to the party but we walked out of Borat, managed to get caught by the local paper too, who were really keen to speak to someone who didn't like it, even though my wife answered all the questions it was me who looked like Edinburgh's biggest prude in the paper. Anyway, ali G, Borat, Bruno – half an hour is more than enough and eventually it just becomes cruel. I get the point that he's using personal farce to send up large scale cruelty/intollerance etc and i genuinely think he's funny, he just reaches a limit for me and a 2 hour film was way over that limit.

Should have walked out of boxing helena – pure unadulterated crap, and to cap it all 'it was just a dream' –

hels
    Free Member

Walked out of:

Alien Nation
    The 2nd Matrix one

Wish I had walked out of:

Mamma Mia
    Any of the 3 most recently made Star Wars films they were dire but I hung in there out of sentiment for the originals.

And I too thought Starship Troopers was great, and inventive at the time it was made, although the sequel was lame.

mikey74
    Free Member

I personally think Exorcist 3 is an excellent film, as is Aliens (although nowhere near as good as Alien).

I have never walked ouf of a film, although was tempted during the ending to I am Legend. I am very selective about what films I go and see though.

robgarrioch

Has the text in this thread gone all weird for anyone else??

BlingBling
    Free Member

yes completely ****

Tim
    Free Member

robgarrioch – Member

maybe just me messing with the LI (list) formatting button on my post 😀

GuinnessBoy
    Free Member

28 Days later. I know some people loved it. Got about 20minutes into it and turned it off. Couldnt handle the camera bouncing about all over the place.!

GrahamS

Completely buggered in IE. Fine in Firefox.

grievoustim
    Free Member

some terrible films listed for sure

but some of you should just give up on cinema full stop – its wasted on you 🙄

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Never actually walked out, but Devil's Advocate was probably the closest I've come. Quite a lot of people left during The Blackout.

robgarrioch

MODS!!!
    Any chance you can sort this text out – I've nearly got 100 here!

Tim
    Free Member

heh, just looked in I.E

that is indeed, a bit buggered, it appears my post was the cause as well – sorry for breaking the thread!

younggeoff

got asked by the kids to go and watch 'meet the spartans' 20 minutes and could see even the kids weren't enjoying it. Walked out managed to get a refund too. Won't get the lost time back though

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Heat. just didn't seem to go anywhere.

+1

llama

way way back in time I worked in a Cinema

the film most people walked out of while I was there was Resevoir Dogs

GrahamS

Any chance you can sort this text out – I've nearly got 100 here!

Just keep posting – it'll be fine once it rolls onto the next page…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Never walked out of a cinema, but was alone by the end of "Crash" (the JG Ballard one with the freakish amputee sex and turn-on car-crashes rather than the more recent one). 🙂

badfink
    Free Member

Films I became utterly baffled at within about half an hour:

The Spirit – Scarlett Johansson and Samuel L Jackson should be ashamed.

Outlander – utter, utter drivel. I was recommended it by someone who claimed it was so bad it was good. No. Wrong. It is dreadful.

LsD
    Free Member

To turn things on their head, did anyone here watch all of Battlefield Earth, or even like it?? 😛

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

sweeny todd……. Burton & Depp need to pull it out of the bag with alice in trippy land!

DrJ

Never walked out of a cinema, but was alone by the end of "Crash"

Hard to understand. It was surely not a secret what that film was about, so why did people go see it if they were likely to be upset or offended by it? (I loved the film, and the book, but maybe I am just sick, or weird)

GrahamS

sweeny todd……. Burton & Depp need to pull it out of the bag with alice in trippy land!

(In a similar vein to DrJ's comment…)

See, how did you find yourself at that film by mistake? 😯

A Tim Burton interpretation of a popular musical where a barber kills people and bakes them into pies.

How did it differ from your expectation so much that you walked out?

hels
    Free Member

I forgot about Sweeney Todd. If they had just taken all the songs out it would have been quite a good film.

GrahamS

If they had just taken all the songs out it would have been quite a good film.

So you went to see a musical and you liked it, apart from all the songs…? 😯

kimbers

wait a minute what crash are we talking about

i love the cronenberg/ballard one, was an awesome awesome film (and an excellent book) and if you walked then you are a muppet for going to see a film you obviously knew was controversial when it came out but couldnt handle it

tho if you went to see paul haggis' exploration of multracial divided LA then you you probably should walk out because its very long and very very much up its own arse

nickc

There was a while back a truly dreadful disaster movie called Dante's Peak, involving volcanoes, desperately desperately dull film…Didn't walk out, but did fall asleep.

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

In defence…. I knew what Todd was all about… and I knew it was a musical…. I just had this blind faith that they would make it GOOD… Even Sacha Baron doing his Borat accent playing the rival barber could not make me happy.

I am getting quite angry/upset/disgusted/dissapointed by the fact that I paid good money for me and the BH to go see it.

mudshark
    Free Member

I keep watching snatches of The Witches of Eastwick – determined to finish it for some reason but should 'walk out' – probably just want to finish it because the cast is good.

Crash:

if you went to see paul haggis' exploration of multracial divided LA then you you probably should walk out because its very long and very very much up its own arse

Well I enjoyed that one! Top 250 on IMDB too….

Starship Troopers pretty good too.

kimbers

you look at the snatches of cher, sarandon and pfifer?

filthy mucker

Viewing 36 posts - 81 through 116 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Films You've Walked Out Of..’ is closed to new replies.