Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fidlock – can you change the magnets round?
  • joebristol

I’m trying to fit a 590ml fidlock bottle to my medium Aether 7. I can just fit a normal 600ml ish bottle with side mount cage but it looks a bit untidy / is a mud trap so thought I’d pickup the 590ml fidlock bottle to tidy it up / hopefully increase the distance from the bottle to the shock.

It’s driving me nuts – if you could switch the magnets so the bracket goes the other way up I think it would work with the standard ‘ramp’ adapter that comes with the frame. Is it possible to dismantle the bracket on the bottle and switch the magnets round?

Incidentally I’ve also got a di2 battery mount to try and slide it all around and just can’t make it work whilst the fidlock mount can only go one way up.

So frustrating – if the fidlock bottle cap wasn’t so chunky it would also fit. If I put my decathlon bottle lid on the bottle it has clearance but it doesn’t seal the water in properly as a difference pitch of thread.

Grrrrrrr

benpinnick

Yep just flip the Bottle side by unscrewing the big plastic screw and then you can run the mount the other way up. Works exactly as well as the other way round.

joebristol

Ah perfect – Cheers Ben. Tried to undo that big bolt earlier but failed as it’s really tight. Need to get a b*****d big screwdriver out the garage for another go.

Hopefully then it’ll fit – good job I don’t have a piggy back shock – although the megneg isn’t helping my cause!

benpinnick

Yes they have a little notch just at the start of the thread to lock it into place and prevent it loosening. Once past that it will undo easily. Use a £2 coin, its a perfect fit.

bruneep

Use a £2 coin

not seen any of these for over a yr now

spanishfly
    Free Member

When I swapped mine round 180deg the bottle captive screw had in the middle of the slot has a hex entry for 5mm allen key. My bottle also had the metal strip around the bottle (600ml) as a secondary retention so mine may have been superseded.

tjmoore

Yeah, mine has an allen key hole. Make sure you push the key right in as it’s soft plastic and could round off easy.

I pop the thing off to clean it, partly to wipe crud that may get inside and not sure about submerging that part in water to clean, though probably okay. I do have to remember to put it back the right way round though each time, else I learn the mistake when putting it on the bike.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fidlock – can you change the magnets round?’ is closed to new replies.