Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Fidlock bottle and bike mount, any deals on them? Reviews?
  • bikerevivesheffield

If quite like to try one but they seem a touch pricey. Anyone seen a deal on the bottle and bike base part?
    Any user reviews? Anything better that doesn’t leave a cage on the bike?

riklegge

I’ve got one that no longer fits my bike (it was good on my old one though). Happy to sell on if you want?

bikerevivesheffield

Message me details please
    Rob.Bike.Revive@Gmail.Com

PinGlasgow
    Free Member

I’ve had one a while and it has never fallen off. Easy to take on and off too.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I use them – they are a bit spends, but I prefer not having cages on the bike when I’m not carrying a bottle. I have one of the older bottles, and a couple of the newer version with the cap cover, which I prefer as they’re a bit easier to drink from. Solid as a rock on the bike, even on pretty gnarly terrain.

julians
    Free Member

I’ve got one, they’re rock solid, the bottle WILL NOT come off regardless of how rough the trail is, they’re really good.

Pricey though

honourablegeorge

The new cap cover seems bit flimsy to me, but I’ve had no problems with it. As above, the bottles are expensive but rock solid.

rockhopper70

3 peaks cycles have the 590 model (with the cap) for a fiver off. Free P&P.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Does the new flip lid bottle (590ml) fit the standard mount just the same as my 600ml bottle? I’m assuming so but just want check before ordering one

benpinnick

@OW Nope sorry. Annoying eh?

breadcrumb

I might go down this route. Should make a bike easier to use with a Thule 598.

I’ll wait for my next bike to turn up before splashing out £30 on a bottle though.

honourablegeorge

Flip lid bottle fits the same mount, I have an older 450 bottle and newer 590

bikerevivesheffield

Can you not just replace the top on the other bottles to one with a flip top

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

@OW Nope sorry. Annoying eh?

No way really? Take it you’ve tested then? Comment above suggests it works from smaller bottle though?

panzerjager
    Free Member

OW, there is only one Fidlock mount, everything they make fits the same one, bottles, cases, lock mounts etc.
    I contacted them to see if they made a mount with longer slots, ie to position differently, but their reply said no, just the same mount for everything.

LD
    Free Member

Not quite the same question but mini LD broke his original bottle (yes he has a habit of breaking things) and the cheapest solution was to buy new bottle without the magnet clamp bit and swap that from broken bottle – twist lock thing to remove. Make sure you put it the right way round though as it doesn’t stay on the bike if inverted!
    Link to bottle only

jrd0
    Free Member

Well worth the money, regular bottle cages look awful when you don’t have anything in there. I tried Fabrics cageless bottle before I got a fidlock and it dropped the bottle when things got rough. Had the fidlock on multiple bikes now for over a year and only lost it once which was due to riding in waist high grass and it must have tangled in the bottle and twisted it off. Rode with it every day in Morzine and it’s never come off. Well worth the money 👍

benpinnick

@OW Sorry I sold you a pup – I read it wrong and assumed you wanted to change the lid. Doh. All the bottles fit all the mounts, obv.

Mods if you read this please delete my post above to save anyone down the line getting confused by my wukfitery.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Ah phew I’ll look into getting one then cheers Ben, ps I’ve just messaged you ref rotor, dunno if the useless msg service is working on here again??

simono5

I got the Peaty Fidlock with 600ml bottle for £27 delivered. No complaints.

bikerevivesheffield

Out of stock

stanfree
    Free Member

I’ve actually lost one on a road bike but it was my fault , my little tool holder was touching against the fidlock bottle so it wasnt as secure as it should have been.I was devastated and actually drove back round the 30 mile route id done as they are £30 bloody quid.
    On my mtb Ive done uplifts at Inners and its never moved.
    I wish I could get the fidlock clasp for my full face like the one on my sons Oneil helmet . The only advantage to having lost my first bottle is I now have to bottle mount and just share the bottle between bikes.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Fidlock bottle and bike mount, any deals on them? Reviews?’ is closed to new replies.