Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Fibre rollout reaches village but…
  • flashpaul
    Free Member

If someone nearby you know has fibre get a 5GHz point to point link
    Ubiquity make some excellent kit , it will easily do a few Km

nickdavies

Not just a village problem, B1 postcode connected to the Central exchange which is down the road, along with 3/4 fibre street boxes outside the front door and the best they can do is 6 meg.

Go figure.

cbike
    Free Member

yep You can be in the middle of a city and not get BT fibre either.

Kelvin College in the east end of Glasgow has a super duper backbone. The Community round about? Faff all and what there is, is poor. Communications poverty. (Although most of the web traffic in that area is mobile.)

monkeychild
    Free Member

Where I currently live is classed as urban. I’m lucky if I get 2MB. My house in a rural lincs village,I had 16mb!!! bloody BT

Drac

Our town went live last year but my cabinet only went live last month. The only slightly annoy part is that there’s 3 cabinets closer than the one I’m on so my speed isn’t as good as it could have been but still pleased with it.

Creg

My village supposedly falls under the new “High Speed Yorkshire” programme and the exchange has been upgraded according to BT.

However when I put my details into any of the ISP line checkers I only get 2MB maximum so it looks like everywhere in the village apart from my area is going to get it.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Do the post code checker on the Openreach site (link from BT Infinity line checker). This will probably tell you more about the state of your exchange and your posibilities of getting fibre.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Fibre rollout reaches village but…’ is closed to new replies.