Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fibre Flare Rear Light
  • scu98rkr
    Free Member

Hi my Fibre Flare rear light ->

FibreFlate

has got damaged one of the batteries leaked in it.

Basically the button doesnt work any more, once the battery is connected its always on.

Any ideas about how I could fix as there quite expensive £25.

muddy9mtb

any pictures? have you stripped and cleaned out any leaked fluid/ acid from within? if the switch is dry around all the contacts then it is probably damaged the internals and not worth repairing.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Great lights, terrible waterproofing.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

any pictures? have you stripped and cleaned out any leaked fluid/ acid from within? if the switch is dry around all the contacts then it is probably damaged the internals and not worth repairing.

Its quite difficult to get in there will try and clean a bit better again.

muddy9mtb

batteries can do allot of damage when they corrode, all sorts of chemical reactions take place that play havoc with the electrics. the plating may have been damaged or corroded the contacts…it all needs to come off to prevent a short between the contacts, and make a contact.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the micro lights with 2 small batteries. One battery drains away whether the light is on or off. I just use the one battery now. Can’t see any damage internally.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Very true, I think wiggle have replaced mine 3 times now. Wonder if it’ll be needing replaced again this winter.

riddoch

If the batteries were a named brand it might be worth an email. Duracell or every ready used to have a guarentee that their batteries would never lack so would refund any damage. No idea what evidence you’d have to provide and whether it was just a gimmick.

tonyd

Mine lasted about a month if I remember correctly. I contacted the manufacturer as I thought the water ingress was down to poor design so wasn’t sure what the supplier could/would do. I got absolutely nothing back from them so it went in the bin and I bought something different. Complete waste of money IMO.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

It was actually a duracell but I through the battery away.

I’ve had mine of the bike over a year now and well used with that.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Mine got water inside the very first time I used it in the rain. Left me thinking, where the hell did they test this thing? Desert?

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve only heard bad things about their weatherproofing!

lightman
    Free Member

You could get a couple of cheap alternatives like this. I just got one and Im quite happy with it for the price.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fibre Flare Rear Light’ is closed to new replies.