Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Feral bastards – bike stolen in Edinburgh
  • epicyclo

This was stolen overnight from a locked cage at my son’s work in Edinburgh.

It’s somewhat unique – it’s an Avanti KISS 29er from NZ and they weren’t sold in the UK. Size L.

I suppose it’ll probably be stripped for parts or repainted. The brakes are Magura Martas (Superlight?)

So if anyone sees a singlespeed frame that looks very similar to a Singular (but isn’t), notify the police or me.

Frame No:

The lad is gutted because it’s my old race bike from Oz and he was very attached to it.

Any help appreciated.

13thfloormonk

Bloody hell, Edinburgh thieves going into overdrive at the moment!

Another nice bike nicked in Linlithgow last night too, and a friend’s garage completely gutted in a very planned and professional attack a couple of weeks ago. Not to mention the Leslie Bikes horror show.

I’m getting our home insurance documents out now and getting our policy reviewed. Don’t think it’s enough to rely on physical methods any more (although our neighbourhood is pretty tight knit and quiet, I don’t know how any thieves would get into our garage without getting overheard).

Will keep eyes open for you!

Stoner
    Free Member

for the Edinburgh crowd:

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Might not get stripped down for bits. Mine wasn’t – saw a guy riding it 3 months later

epicyclo

Silly bugger had his girlfriend’s bike on his insurance, but not his own… Aaargh!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Post a pic of son so I don’t go all Judge Deeds on him by mistake. Had a few fisticuffs with Edinburgh bike thieves recently and always came away with the wheels

epicyclo

yourguitarhero

Post a pic of son so I don’t go all Judge Deeds on him by mistake..

Wouldn’t be wise. He’s pretty good at standing his ground. 🙂

But good to hear of your retrieval system. I’m sure there would be more than a dram in it for you if you got his bike back.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Sorry to drift off topic. Where was that photo taken?

epicyclo

It’s the remains of X-craft submarines in Aberlady Bay. About 800m from the high tide line of Gullane Point so only accessible on a very low tide. There’s another close by.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Note to self – don’t pull a big ginger lad off his bike by the beard. All the bike thieves I’ve had encounters with were teenagers in tracksuits.

So green Avanti single speed 29er with riser bars. Will keep my eyes peeled.

bigjim

It was a bunch of teenagers that tried to nick my bike from Tollcross, police seem to know them quite well. they carry a big pair of bolt cutters so maybe not best to corner them. Used to commute through Saughton/Gorgie way, loads of teenage scrotes wheelying around on high end bikes round there.

NormalMan

Sorry to hear this OP (you might know me more as Solo off the old fat bike forum btw)

I had 6 stolen in mid-August plus 2 of my families bikes. Absolutely no sign of any of them since despite it being pretty well highlighted on social media at the time etc.

Hope you have a success story though.

epicyclo

@bigjim the irony is my lad lives in Gorgie and has never had a problem there. His work is in Leith and that’s where his bike was stolen.

Boltcutters won’t help the culprits if he finds them. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Feral bastards – bike stolen in Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.