• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by OwenP.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fazua ebike bottom bracket buzz/click/prematur wear?
  • alan1977
    Free Member

my boardman adv 8.9e has started clicking past few commutes… i orginally thought it was a pedal as it had some bearing play… turns out its not (swapped pedals)
    theres a buzz from the BB/gearbox as i put my left foot down, and a prominent click on the right hand foot
    Bought the bike showing 300km on the motor, it’s now on ~700km, bike is not two months old to me
    i know i can get hold of tredz, warratny etc, but if there’s anything i can check/re tighten first i’d rather have a go. More than competent mechanically, just never taken a look at Fazua BB/Gearbox (or any ebike) before

desperatebicycle

Yeah, mine’s similar, I didn’t really notice, but when my mate had a ride he said he thought the headset was making a noise. I guess, like mine it doesn’t affect the ride at all… Interested to see what you find out.

OwenP

There’s a Fazua riders Facebook group that covers a lot of this kind of thing. Thankfully it’s mostly about clicks and getting the motor locking catch sorted, rather than lots of Specialized-style motor graveyard posts.

Many of the ‘click’ discussion centres on the torx bolts that attach the Fazua BB to the frame and ensuring ensuring right torque. The lock catch and ensuring a snug fit is another common discussion, the lock has been updated a couple of times. That one’s not really a “Fazua” fault, more that the frame manufacturers vary in how good a fit they produce with the standard demountable Fazua motor pack.

Mine has clicked on and off – I’m a bit more liberal with the grease and checking bolt torque now and don’t have a click, after just basic maintenance. I’d go through those discussions and check the basics before pulling anything properly apart, seems like you’d risk making a niggle into an issue!

alan1977
    Free Member

yer mine is more than noticible, the buzz is evident at any load, the click is worse with more force, feels like a knackered BB
    the batter clip was rpelaced by Tredz, presumably with the latest version before i got it

thanks, will find the fazua owners group, never thought to check the mounting bolts etc

alan1977
    Free Member

So, one of ht efirst posts on the FB group was about the BB to frame fixing bolts on drive side.. and sure enough.. one wasnt tight, and one was half tight , drive side only, pinched them up until i get home and will use a proper torx bit and ratchet

stamping on it next to the bike already seems improved.. also made me realise how much the frame flexes under torque.. never seen that before :S might explain why my mudguard rubs when i really get up on the pedals 🙂

desperatebicycle

Excellent stuff, cheers fellas. I shall check these things when I get home 🙂

(here’s the group: Fazua riders )

OwenP

That’s good news OP, hope that sorts it for you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.