• This topic has 90 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • fat policeman tasers 72yr old woman
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

Wasn’t she in ‘Every which way but loose’?

Coyote
    Free Member

Where can I get a Tazer from? Certainly help to get through the beligerent old hags populating the local ASDA when I’m trying to do the Friday shop.

Pook

I agree that he could have been more conciliatory. However, I don’t think she was hysterical, I think she was beligerent, and trying to use her age to get out of the fact that she had simply broken the law.
    He had spoken to her a number of times about stepping away from the road, and had warned her that with her ongoing ranting, she would be tased. She had numerous warnings about that, to which she began to goad him. She squares up to him, at one point, after he’s pushed her away from the road, it looks like she’s going to try and punch him. You don’t know what’s happened before as the video is cut.
    She has had no health problems, or ill effects from the taser it seems, as she is now happy to talk to the media about her ordeal.
    If it were a 28 yr old bloke who’d had a go at him and he’d got the same treatment there wouldn’t have been an issue.

G
    Free Member

The police come into contact with people in stressful situations daily, some with mental disabilities, what if she was one of them?

What like the ones with a gun in their handbag, or a knife etc etc woh behave irrationally immediately before killing someone, one of those you mean???

oldgit
    Free Member

She did say afterwards that it had done wonders for her wrinkles.

mk1fan
    Free Member

At which end?

oldgit
    Free Member

Bluuurgh

tankslapper
    Free Member

Woot! Her camel toe became a goat’s toe…..

IGMC!

surfer
    Free Member

What like the ones with a gun in their handbag, or a knife etc etc woh behave irrationally immediately before killing someone, one of those you mean???

Poor argument. This give free rein to do absolutely anything to anyone on the basis that someone once had a knife/gun in their bag.

grumm
    Free Member

Why couldn’t he just arrest her? No-one would have had a problem with that.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Video released by a Travis County Constable’s Office shows Kathryn Winkfein hitting the ground and moaning while the shocks jolted through her body

Am I the only one that thinks this reads like an adult movie script?

Oh and at 4’11” could it be short woman syndrome?

surfer
    Free Member

You don’t know what’s happened before as the video is cut.

He didnt appear to have been assaulted etc so what assumptions can we make. That he had received more of an ear bashing before the camera began rolling? hardly strengthens your argument.

She has had no health problems, or ill effects from the taser it seems, as she is now happy to talk to the media about her ordeal.

Doesnt make it ok though. I recall a protester walked away from an assault in London not so long ago to die later. Notwithstanding that she may have died or been seriously injured during the assault.

mk1fan
    Free Member

It’s curious that people seem to find her behaviour acceptable.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Doesnt make it ok though. I recall a protester walked away from an assault in London not so long ago to die later. Notwithstanding that she may have died or been seriously injured during the assault.

Mmmm! Interesting proposition that one. When I used to see riots in Belfast I used to walk the other way not [list]through[/list] the riot – if you walk into a situation like that you are likely to get ****tted by one side or another (notice the operative verb is [list]walk[/list] so you have the opportunity to assess your surroundings unless you are particularly dense in which case your up for a Darwin Award anyway)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Her behaviour may well have been unacceptable but so was the coppers. In the UK that would be a clear assault as tho cops can use force including inflicting pain and injury it must be proportionate.

From watching the telly and working with UK cops it would appear to me that American cops are simply poorly trained. Restraining her would have been easy if the cop was properly trained. Straight on the ground and cuffed. Of course UK cops are nearly always in pairs which helps

surfer
    Free Member

It’s curious that people seem to find her behaviour acceptable.

I wouldnt go that far, just appears to be excessive force IMO

hilldodger
    Free Member

…adds TJ to list 😈

DezB
    Free Member

As a Police officer its required to use a whole range of skills to deal with difficult situations

This is in TEXAS, mate. TEXAS!

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I sort of agree with what he does right up until this bit
    “Put your hands behind your back or you’re going to be Tased again,” Mr Bieze shouted, and then hits her with another jolt.

As having seen the US cops on a few road wars they seem a bit to quick to keep pulling (and holding) the trigger after the first jolt.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I suspect it’s due to years of frustration coming out in them 😀

I think tasering an old woman is irresponsible – there was no need, he could have overpowered her physically without a problem (if he couldnt he needs to think about his profession!). While her behaviour was disgraceful and childish, he had other choices. However, if I was a cop with a taser I’d be tempted too.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I’m surprised he didn’t shoot her…

mk1fan
    Free Member

surfer – Member
    I wouldnt go that far, just appears to be excessive force IMO

My point is that it seems ok to lay the blame solely with the Officer and disregard behaviour of the (in this case) old woman.

I think it has already been said that if this had been a ‘chav’ instead of an old woman behaving like that then it would not be news.

For the record I think that there would have been better ways to deal with the situation but once the Officer had given the warning, they can not back down from it. And you have to draw a line somewhere.

I always laugh when I see TV cop shows where an Officer is talking to a person about something minor and instead of accepting a talking too they kick off. Usually, starts off with the person saying ‘Have you not got anything better to do?’ I can remember one show where the Officer saying ‘Yes, I do. Why are you dragging this out and preventing me from doing it?’

Dare I say that at 72 she should know better than to tell a Police Officer to ‘shoot’ them?

G
    Free Member

surfer – Member

Poor argument. This give free rein to do absolutely anything to anyone on the basis that someone once had a knife/gun in their bag.

Absolute arse. Of course it doesn’t give free rein, its just a case that in a society where the ownership of and carrying firearms are accepted everyday occurances, you have to expect the Police to react strongly in their own defence if someone does not obey their very reasonable and perfectly valid requests. The guys on his own with a woman who point blank refuses to do as she is asked, and is endgangering the cop and herself with her erratic behaviour, (Note the cop has actually put himself in a dangerous position with the oncoming traffic so as to keep her out of harms way), she is refusing to obey, and has several times pushed him away or struck out at him when he has tried to get her to calm down and move to safety. Whats he supposed to do? Roll around on the floor beside the road putting both at risk? Just becuase shes 72 and small does not mean that she isn’t armed, on drugs, potentially violent etc etc.

He asked her several times politely, then he warned her more than once, and eventually he zapped her. Entirely her own fault.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Now that’s very funny.

myheadsashed

If she’d have been black and muslim she’d be f00ked

scraprider
    Free Member

ha ha ha i had to watch it twice ,

doh
    Free Member

couldnt be bothered to read the many comments,
    the big fat throbber of a cop couldnt have been that threatened or bothered by her attitude as he radios in to check with HQ, only after he gets the ok does he zap her. (must admit i laughed a lot)

tazers always seem like a waste of batteries, no one messes with sh*t on a stick.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Zedsdead – Member

I’m surprised he didn’t shoot her…

PMSL!

surfer
    Free Member

The guys on his own with a woman who point blank refuses to do as she is asked, and is endgangering the cop and herself with her erratic behaviour, (Note the cop has actually put himself in a dangerous position with the oncoming traffic so as to keep her out of harms way), she is refusing to obey, and has several times pushed him away or struck out at him when he has tried to get her to calm down and move to safety. Whats he supposed to do? Roll around on the floor beside the road putting both at risk? Just becuase shes 72 and small does not mean that she isn’t armed, on drugs, potentially violent etc etc.

Are you really saying (he must be half her age and at least 3 times her weight) he is that threatened that he cant simply restrain her with reasonable force, cuff her and call back up? I am not as big as this guy but I am confident I could.
    Are you happy if this was coming to a street near you G?

grumm
    Free Member

What would he have done if he didn’t have the taser?

Pook

I am not as big as this guy but I am confident I could.

Yeah, but brittle bones, osteoporosis etc – there’d be a video of you surfer, breaking her arms.

Tut. That’d look good in the Daily Telegraph video section wouldn’t it?

surfer
    Free Member

Cant believe it would be as damaging as using a taser on the aforementioned 72 year old with the associated convulsions, muscle damage, heart damage risk as well as hitting the concrete possibly breaking lots more as well as head trauma.

Yep taser it is then!

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Gobbing off to a copper, at her age you’d think she’d know better.

I bet she doesn’t do it again, so perhaps you can teach old dogs new tricks.

G
    Free Member

Are you happy if this was coming to a street near you G?

Yep, I’ve no real problem with doing as asked by a copper, as long as its polite and reasonable. I didn’t see anything there that wasn’t.

Basically, I’m sick to the back teeth of this “everyone knows their rights, but no one knows their responsibilities” culture. I am by no means a goody goody, and I’ve had a fair few brushes with the boys in blue, but I’ve never been treated unreasonably. Having said that, my brother sat on the Police Complaints Authority for 3 years, and I’m very aware of situations where the Police have indeed reacted badly. 99 times out of a hundred though, there is some history other than, “yes officer”.

As has been quoted at me often enough recently, if you can’t do the time don’t do the crime

grumm
    Free Member

I’m sick to the back teeth of this “everyone knows their rights, but no one knows their responsibilities” culture.

What relevance does that have to whether using a taser was an appropriate way of dealing with this woman? Don’t think anyone is arguing that the woman was in the right, just that the response was unnecessary and ill-advised.

A new report from Amnesty International today (28 March) reveals a significant year-on-year increase in deaths related to electro-shock ‘Taser’ weapons in the USA. In the UK, over three-quarters of police forces have recently deployed tasers to firearms officers and some parts of the police have already called for wider deployment to all officers.

Since June 2001, says the new report, 152 people have died in the USA after being shot with tasers, 61 in 2005 alone.

http://www.amnesty.org.uk/news_details.asp?NewsID=16906

If a police officer can’t restrain a small 72 year old woman without having to electrocute her then wtf is he doing being a policeman? He clearly just got wound up by her and reacted badly. Police should be trained to easily deal with a situation like that – he can hardly have felt threatened by her.

DezB
    Free Member

If a police officer can’t restrain a small 72 year old woman without having to electrocute her then wtf is he doing being a policeman? He clearly just got wound up by her and reacted badly. Police should be trained to easily deal with a situation like that – he can hardly have felt threatened by her

1. Look up electrocution in the dictionary.
    2. As I said this was in TEXAS!! Be real!

epicyclo

I watched this a few times. It boils down to this:

He’s a big bloke, she’s tiny.
    She was acting irrationally and a potential danger to herself and him. He clearly was in the traffic stream a couple of times.
    His options were to let her go, physically restraining her, or the taser.
    Her options were to shut up and accept the ticket like most sensible people, to obey the cop after the warnings, or accept the consequences.

I’ll bet she has managed to blag her way out of previous tickets like this.

From the size of the cop physical restraint could have ended up in her being seriously hurt, so he was put in a position of a choice between letting her off or tasing her. In the meantime he was also at risk of being splattered by a car.

Simple choice really.

G
    Free Member

What relevance does that have to whether using a taser was an appropriate way of dealing with this woman? Don’t think anyone is arguing that the woman was in the right, just that the response was unnecessary and ill-advised.

Simple, she has the right to behave like a complete idiot, but the responsibility for the consequences are really hers.

grumm
    Free Member

Again, what would he have done if he didn’t have the taser? Shoot her?

mk1fan
    Free Member

Pepper Sprayed her wrinkly ass

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘fat policeman tasers 72yr old woman’ is closed to new replies.