Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • fat lock-on style grips?
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

I’m sick of getting lock on style grips that are really thin. Anyone know some that are pretty fat?

scaredypants

oury?

odi rogues?

slowrider
    Free Member

rogues or the yeti lock ons are chunky, as are some of the cane creek ones.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Intense ones are half-thick and have a semi flange

(Snigger, snigger…..semi…..snigger snigger…flange….)

DarrenH

Lizard skins northsore grips!
    Well fat! 😆

Crag
    Free Member

Sunline big s

DezB
    Free Member

Ourys are thick, but these are thicker. Can’t imagine wanting them any thicker in fact.

_tom_
    Free Member

ODI Rogues feel quite thick to me.

trickydisco
    Free Member

excellent.. Cheers people. I have the odi ruffian at the moment and they aren’t that great

transporter13
    Free Member

odi longneck are the best grip ive ever used..havent felt a better grip in 10 years

jonnyseven

+1 for Lizard Skin Northshore. The Sunline above are ok as well but 3 months on the grip pattern is already wearing out on the outside.

flyingfox
    Free Member

Well ahead of me – Lizard Skins North Shore grips.

Northwind

Rogues are my current favourite, they’re still not hugely fat but they’re ace. Ruffians are just a bit meh, good allrounders but they don’t do anything well.

brakes
    Free Member

those Sunline grips are the dogs, I use the thin ones though
    I’ve used ODI rogues and they’re just too squishy

AndyA
    Free Member

ODI Rouges and RaceFace Strafe here.

james
    Free Member

ODI rogues are big (not as big as large size sunlines) but they’re just too soft, or at least the outer edge/tread is. Wrap your hand around it and twist and the outer edge/tread just seems to twist round along with your hand. I can’t say I’ve actually noticed it while riding but it can’t be a good thing?

mboy
    Free Member

I’ve used ODI Rogues for years. They’re one of the fattest grips out there (they were the fattest until the Thick Sunlines came along, and now there’s those Lizard Skins North Shores), and they’re very grippy.

Never been able to get on with thin grips myself funnily despite not having particularly large hands!

takisawa2

Lizard Skinz North Shore x 4.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Never been able to get on with thin grips myself funnily despite not having particularly large hands!

exactly like me. I’ve got those titec porc rinds on my hardtail and they feel a lot thicker than the thin odi’s i have on the enduro. My fingers were ruined after an alps trips in july

mangatank
    Free Member

Look at Ritchey wcs lock-ons. Superb and comfortable, and the ergo version are really chunky.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Nuke Proof ones are nice and comfy.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘fat lock-on style grips?’ is closed to new replies.