Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fat bike curious
  • Jossie

I’m toying with the idea of buying a fat bike but don’t really want buy anything before I try one, does anyone know of a localish stockist in the Chester area? I’m bit of a short arse so needs to be a small to make things a bit more complicated.

twoniner
    Free Member

I think Alf Jones in Wrexham do Salsa, I did see one in there a while back. Well worth giving them a call.

scotroutes

It’s worth repeating that they don’t all ride the same. Better to work out what sort of riding you are going to be doing and then ask on the fatbike forum as to what model would be most appropriate. You might even find a few friendly souls offering you a test ride.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Try sideways near stoke way – they stock surly, salsa and 9zero7
    My mate has a 9zero7 and is small so if you get to Cannock way I’m sure he’d let you have a spin

Jossie

I’m waiting for my login to approved on the fatbike forum – but a very good idea. Riding will probably be beaches, snow and possibly the Roveniemi 150 if I like it.

twoniner
    Free Member

m waiting for my login to approved on the fatbike forum

Don’t hold your breath, I’m about 2 months in now and still waiting!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Go and see Tim in Alsager..
    I’ve a medium 9:zero: 7 you’re welcome to try..
    I’m in Sandiway – next to Delamere.

plecostomus
    Free Member

Alf jones do surly and salsa they usually have a pugs let in stock. Also keep pedalling in Manchester and sideways in alsaeger

takisawa2

On-One are doing a kit for £500 at the moment.

JoeG
    Free Member

twoniner – I’ve seen on other threads here that the fatbike site was being overwhelmed with spam, and that legit users were not getting responded to. On one of the other threads, there was someone who could help get you a login. If I can find it, I’ll put up a link…

epicyclo

takisawa2 – Member
    On-One are doing a kit for £500 at the moment.

Just make sure you can get your hands on a 100mm BB, otherwise you’ll just have a pile of bits.

charliedontsurf

Ok not that local, but the Dorset coast is a nice place to visit.

On the fat side We have either in the shop or a blag away…
    Medium pugsley
    Large pugsley
    XL krampus
    Large krampus.

Talking of 100mm BBs I’ve been working with cliff at Royce and we will have titanium square tapers in fat formats in September ish.

twoniner
    Free Member

twoniner – I’ve seen on other threads here that the fatbike site was being overwhelmed with spam, and that legit users were not getting responded to. On one of the other threads, there was someone who could help get you a login. If I can find it, I’ll put up a link…

I have tried all ways. I bought a t shirt from the shop link on their site (cracking T’s by the way), I even emailed the lady that dealt with that but got chinned off. I have had a couple of emails sent from my end but no reply.

I contacted coastkid on here at the end of may and he said he would pass it onto Si (Doc) who goes through the list.

Not heard a thing for a month.

epicyclo

It’s a very small UK forum. The people on it spend their time riding not admin. Patience.

(Maybe offer to be the admissions moderator? 🙂 )

twoniner
    Free Member

It’s a very small UK forum. The people on it spend their time riding not admin. Patience.

(Maybe offer to be the admissions moderator? )

I would happily do it. I run my own small forum, it’s not hard to do.

I take it you’re already on there?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fat bike curious’ is closed to new replies.