Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fat Bike / 29er plus
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

Guy in bike shop yesterday described fat bike (Surley) as being the equivalent to a 4 inch full sus but maintenance free – is that a fair description? Makes the whole fat bike thing a little more interesting.

How does a 29er plus ride in comparison.

scotroutes

No. Not at all.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Assuming the 4″ full suss was made by Apollo, then yes it’s a fair description.

coastkid
    Free Member

Once prepped and built you dont have suspension service costs. Apart from that it is the usual service procedures of any bikes, mainly chain cleaning and lubing.

You do have to use good toothpaste – i recommend Sensodyne, as you will be smiling a lot when riding one :mrgreen:

Oh no E is Surly,

Nipper99
    Free Member

Why not – decent Lakes bike shop and guy was speaking from own experience.

scotroutes

Nah – he was talking complete bollocks.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Test ride one first. I have two of em and they are a hoot on all terrains, but they are not everyone’s cup of tea. The bike shop guy doesn’t really know what he is going on about

Where you based? If in midlands you can have a blast on none of mine

jameso

the equivalent to a 4 inch full sus

In weight maybe )
    In ride? Nah. A fat bike seems to absorb a fair bit of stuff without ‘dive’ but has little rebound control either. Maybe he’s just found he can ride what he did on a 4″ / 26″ fs on a fat bike. I’ve ridden a fat bike all of about a mile of trails tho so no expert. That was enough for me..

jameso

If in midlands you can have a blast on none of mine

well how not kind 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fat Bike / 29er plus’ is closed to new replies.