Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • FAST Yari’Up experience?
  • glenh
    Free Member

Has anyone got one of the FAST Yari’Up dampers in their Yaris, and would care to comment on if it’s worthwhile?

I find my Yari a bit spiky compared to the pike in my other bike, so I’m looking for a way of improving the rather basic motion control compression damper .

Also, anyone have any idea how the Yari’Up creates a ‘closed’ system like they claim ? Does it just pressurise the air above the oil, making it a bit less likely to emulsify ?

kimbers

I’ve got a luftkappe & novyparts splug – replacement compression damper with external lsc only- in my Yari & in very pleased.

Fast also offer a similar one, €100 cheap than yariup

I had a luftkappe n my old pike, & the Yari wasn’t as good, it’s now as good, probably better, if the weather improves I might get get some proper riding in !

glenh
    Free Member

Hmmm, I  hadn’t seen the cheaper FAST option (seems difficult to get hold of – can only find it for sale on a german site), or the Splug.

They seem a bit expensive for what they are (basic shim stack + adjustable bypass port) and I guess you loose the ‘lock’ ability of the motion control / charger (not that I use that often). Is the performance that much better than the MoCo?

kimbers

The moco was fine until I did some steep DH runs in Wales.

Not been able to ride the splug on similar so tough to say but DH I’ve ridden locally it feels plusher & grips better.

U do lose the lockout but personal not that bothered.

Im sure TFT could get u the cheaper version

I reckon Yari up would be great but 3way compression adjustment , just too much for my brain !

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

These easy to install? Trying to find a guide on how easy it is.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘FAST Yari’Up experience?’ is closed to new replies.