• This topic has 60 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ton.
Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Anyone in the know? (29er custom build content)
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

I didn't mean my comment to come across like I thought anyone would come away with a build that wasn't looked after.

I really wanted to go up and have a go building a frame with him. I even phoned them and spoke to a lady (who I took to be his wife). When I started asking 29er specific questions she got defensive. Basically it didn't go too well, more down to my bad probably, but anyhow I don't doubt his classes and the frames produced. Maybe it would have gone differently talking to him directly.

AJ
    Free Member

Wolfhound mmmm i'm on that list too! do'it

phatstanley
    Free Member

didn't you just get a paradox not long ago?
    ain't dat floatin' yer boat no more? 🙄

Clink

Not UK (again) but along the right lines?
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=583225

bonesetter
    Free Member

Cheers Matt, hadn't seen that thread.

bonesetter
    Free Member

phatstanley – Member

didn't you just get a paradox not long ago?
    ain't dat floatin' yer boat no more?

I need a 'custom Paradox' to fit a very awkward body size 😐

phatstanley
    Free Member

does that mean you're gonna be selling your one?

martinh
    Free Member

Maybe you should have got the L. It might have fitted better 😉

I'm sort of at the front of the WH queue now, but its not the best time for me to be spending that sort of cash on another bike so it's on temporary hold. That gives me some time to play around and sort out exactly what I need from my next bike that isn't delivered by the Paradox or Jones.

I'd be reluctant to get a UK custom 29er. Not many have built 29ers let alone LT 29ers.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I found it hard enough to justify getting my Jones – but I managed it! 🙂 – I'm sure if you try harder, you'll manage it LOL.

bonesetter
    Free Member

I'm still trying to work out why the Paradox doesn't feel quite right tbh. Maybe the frame is too small I'm not quite sure yet.

I went with the Med 23 ish ETT as that is what my FS bike measures. The FS was a mess up from the builder as I asked for a bigger frame. It wasn't till 2 months after riding it I found out the size. The FS bike feels great.

I know I have an awkward body shape. I lost 2" out of both my legs in a RTA and I had a longer body proportion before! So at 6'3" I've got an trouser leg length of 33" (rider's inseam 34.5)

I've tried all the online bike fit calculators, and what I have tried to do is experiment with frame/stem/bar lengths.

I'm closer now that ever before I think

runningman
    Free Member

Bonesetter, if I were you I'd revist burls. If your desperate for steel you may have a wait on your hands… But I'd opt for Ti, no paint to scratch etc & suits the appliction well. As for his experiance with how the size of tube etc will change the ride on a 29ner – it is no different to that of how it affects a 26", 650c, mtb, road, tandem etc etc.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Very (or after so may, non at all) coincidental,I have been looking at and tonight discussing the Burls build I was considering last summer.

Full custom Ti build, delivered for under a grand. And your dealing with a dab hand frame builder…

ton

nige, i got a price from who we were talking about…
    just under a grand, and he will do whatever you want.

i have thought about it good and hard, and i do not think custom is for me.
    i love the whole process of searching, buying, riding, and if i do not like it, selling bikes.
    so i am gonna keep on doing what i enjoy. 😉

bonesetter
    Free Member

Good on yer, who wants the perfect bike 😀

ton

perfection is something to aim for…………
    searching for it is the adventure…………. 😉

bonesetter
    Free Member

Exactly

*wallet dives for cover*

bonesetter
    Free Member

So, where were we?

…Oh yes… I'm looking at a custom Ti Burls for £975…

…High end steel is just as good as, if not better that Ti as steel… feels more alive…

…I LOVE the bikes I've got…

big_n_daft
    Free Member

ton, when are you getting the frame? I need to save for when you sell it 😉

ton

big_n_daft – Member
    ton, when are you getting the frame? I need to save for when you sell it

i am not….
    i am gonna keep on testing……… 😉

Clink

Just found this too. Know it's fs, but it's very nice…

Info here:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=6478221#post6478221

ton

i want those forks for my ventana

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Anyone in the know? (29er custom build content)’ is closed to new replies.