Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)
  • FAO Bikers at ladybower today
  • GeeWavetree
    Free Member

You come to a beautiful place and arrive at 2pm – don't expect to be able to park! Don't then park where ever you can on the soaking grass verges and churn them up! Don't park on the road where it is a clearway! Don't park in front of no parking signs! Don't say – well they need more parking spaces! Get your sorry arses out of bed earlier and ride then or use the park and ride, or even shock horror – park away and ride to the trail head!

The reason its a nice place to ride is lack of cars and natural beauty – stop being selfish **** and spoiling it!

hora
    Free Member

Same goes for the Walkers who rocked up at 1pm on Sat and beeped me for not moving quick enough or the others who double-parked and blocked the whole lane just so they could reserve a potential spot.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Really pisses me off – get up and ride or use alternative transport to get to the trail head. even **** ride ffs!

richpips
    Free Member

Ladybower on a Bank Holiday weekend. Did you think this was a little known place that wouldn't attract the crowds. More fool you going there in the first place.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

I was driving up to get a takeaway brew with my Gran – not stopping and saw all the sheep!

Not riding and no plans to stop was just going past!

brack
    Free Member

Well said that man!! We have a beautiful valley near to where I live that used to be a secret spot for just the locals…. ith as now become a must visit place amongst the so called Brighton hippy crowd. The crap that they leave behind and their overall attitude to this beautiful spot is quite frankly upsetting and downright disgusting.

Some people are just scum!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Surely if everyone who arrived late, arrived earlier as you suggest, then the problem would still persist as you would have the same number of people arriving, they'd just be all arriving earlier and all at the same time.

What you need is more parking spaces or smaller cars. 😉

Gee I really hope your car is compact and bijou. I would LMFAO if it turns out you drive a monster Rangey or Disco or something. FWIW I imagine you don't.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Gee – i was driving past with no intention of stopping. I live and ride round ladybower and only ever park in designated spaces on quiet days. If i know it will be busy i go early, if i can't park legally i go to somewhere where i can park legally. It was amazing that in the pay and display there were spaces but people who have spent >£1k on a bike can't find £4 to park!!

If there are no spaces legally **** off home! More car parks would ruin an area of natural beauty, as do southerners!

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

Hang on, you're having a go at people (in essence) for driving to Ladybower with "Really pisses me off – get up and ride or use alternative transport to get to the trail head. even **** ride ffs!" and then you say "I live and ride around ladtbower and only ever park in designated spaces…"
    Hypocritical?
    You also said "trailhead"
    Clown.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

If there are no spaces legally **** off home! More car parks would ruin an area of natural beauty, as do southerners!

We have a similar problem with ignorant fools from t'up North down here in Devon. Try getting a life.

boxelder

I blame whoever built those stupid dams, flooding hundreds of potential parking spaces.

smell_it
    Free Member

Just think, if you had made sure you had some tea bags in, you could have saved yourself all this upset.

hora
    Free Member

Teabagging? You dirty bear 😯

takisawa2

Get a life FFS.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Handbag! Mate, calm down, I thought I was being funny, certainly wasn't having a go.

The southerners remark is a bit out of order though. Good job I am originally from the peak area otherwise I might have taken offence.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

get a life – what a shit comeback. The state of the area after a bank holiday is shocking. All i am asking is for some consideration of your environment and to park in designated spots – is that too much?

Area of beauty + ignorant tossers = spoiled ex area of beauty

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

geetee1972 – Member

Handbag! Mate, calm down, I thought I was being funny, certainly wasn't having a go.

The southerners remark is a bit out of order though. Good job I am originally from the peak area otherwise I might have taken offence.

The southerners comment was tongue in cheek 🙂 the other one wasn't

BTW was not aimed at you specifically gee

hora
    Free Member

Mountain bikers who cause errosion castigating drivers who spoil earth in what is a area created/moved by glaciers.

Look at the bigger picture- who cares? I saw ALOT of MX'ers in Pindale quarry on Saturday (alot with number plates as well)- let them play ffs. I even had a conversation with a lad who followed (was with them) walking up the road. I could tell he was sussing me out to make sure I wasn't the militant-type. I made sure he got the impression that I couldnt give a rats-ass. I was more miffed about the redsocks who told me not to ride Cavedale. Only when riders are reckless do I care.

Who cares? In 10yrs that banking will have changed let alone a thousand.

😀

Life is too short, you or me could be dead tomorrow.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

mxers are allowed in pindale hora

jumping_flea
    Free Member

I love Ladybower – but wouldn't go on a bank holiday due to the amount of traffic – cars on the way there and walkers about.

As mentioned above when we do go we go early and get back before midday.
    However you do meet some strange people who want to park as close as possible. We got back after a ride, as we were loading our bikes up a bloke blocked the road waiting for us to go, then tooted his horn at us.
    When I walked over to him and explained we were going to get a drink and a snack and weren't going he gave me a load of f's – cock

hora
    Free Member

mxers are allowed in pindale hora

So why not 4×4's and why all the slabs of stone blocking everywhere?! FFS let people enjoy or kill themselves with their hobbies. I bashed my frigging lowers on one of those huge blocks.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Hora – i am talking about parking you tool! not where people should or shouldn't ride.

If you want an argument go start your own thread about bashing you lower!!

slabs of stone everywhere in a quarry!! FFS what ever next – sand in a desert!!

hora
    Free Member

Do you work for Magura!!

cuckoo
    Free Member

Look at the bigger picture- who cares? I saw ALOT of MX'ers in Pindale quarry on Saturday (alot with number plates as well)- let them play ffs.

Sadly for the Peak District not so many people these days.

Was out riding in the Peak today and as i climbed away from Chatsworth half-choking on the car fumes, splashed with water by MX'ers and a quad-bike, past the fly-tipping and endless roadside litter i was glad to get out of the place and back to the more tranquil lanes near where i live.

ton

why the **** would anyone want to ride in the peak on any weekend, nevermind a bank holiday one.

sheffield city center would have been quieter.

richpips
    Free Member

why the **** would anyone want to ride in the peak on any weekend, nevermind a bank holiday one.

I do and rarely see anyone. 50 miles on good Friday and saw 3 other riders. Can't say I go to Ladybower much though.

thepodge
    Free Member

Haha, should have seen Sheff centre on Sunday, it was like threads all over again, I was the only one there, quite spooky really

allthegear
    Free Member

I was at Ladybower today and only passed two other bikers all day. Where was everyone?? Will agree, though, the car parking after lunch was crazy.

iain1775
    Free Member

Whilst you have a point about people (not bikers but all sorts of people) parking on verges and I agree its crap but its mainly the weekend warriors not the sorts taht are likely to frequent this forum so your anger really is directed in the wrong place
    Anyway I can think of easier, quieter, more peaceful and nicer places around there to go for a 'takeaway brew' than 3 miles up a dead end no through road to the honeypot that is bank holiday Fairholmes
    Appreciate its nice to take you gran out but come on what did you expect?
    Maybe next time try McDonalds. They have a drive through, which last time I checked Ladybower did not. So where exactly did you park when you just nipped out the car to join the hordes of people and their kids in the probably not very fast moving queue?
    Or if you had no intention of stopping did you kick Granny out to stand there and make your order whilst you drove round the carpark endlessly churning out diesel fumes and muttering under your breath?
    I suspect thats the reasoning behind your rant
    You had to take Nan out and that ruined your plans. You got there late and couldnt park up so settled for a quick cuppa in the car and drove home feeling frustrated and upset. So your easing your pain by letting off steam online
    Bless you son, we have all been there 😉

oh and Trailhead?
    WTF!?!?!
    Never heard of a "trailhead" in the Peaks. please tell me where this mythical beast is so I may alter my parking habits and avoid wearing out my expensive Rubber Queens by riding on dirty, smooth, rubber eroding tarmac

dan1980
    Free Member

iain1775
    …..
    Never heard of a "trailhead" in the Peaks

The term trailhead is used to denote the point where a path starts.

The reason you've never heard or seen one of these in the "Peaks" is because there is no such place.

There is however the PEAK district (or the peak if you want to be brief) and assuming this is where you mean, there are many trail heads there. They are commonly denoted by a finger post sign labelled "bridleway" you are allowed to ride these on your bike with it's expensive Rubber Queen tyres. There are other trail heads, marked with a finger post sign labelled "Foot path" you aren't allowed to use these.

I hope you find this information useful 🙂

hora
    Free Member

So are any folk on here who happen to live in the Peaks saying outsiders shouldn't come in and enjoy the Peaks?

Sod off.

dasnut
    Free Member

yeah I went upto the free car park at the bottom of jacobs ladder on saturday, and the inconsiderate b'stards where filming jane eyre or some such nonsense so I couldn't park there
    so I went to the car park in edale, but the parking attendant wouldn't take "notes" (I didn't have any change, he wanted £3.50), so I went to the cafe, had a brew and a butty, and parked on the train station for £2.50
    the welcoming hostility of the peaks. ace.

boxelder

So are any folk on here who happen to live in the Peaks

he welcoming hostility of the peaks.

It really is The Peak – not Peaks
    As in short for Peak District.

But it is The Lakes

This used to wrankle when I was a young man, so I'm not just being old and grumpy.

dasnut
    Free Member

I was refering to the White Peak and the Dark Peak, hence "Peaks"

rOcKeTdOg

More car parks would ruin an area of natural beauty, as do southerners!

are you saying we're ugly? 👿

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Maybe next time try McDonalds. They have a drive through, which last time I checked Ladybower did not. So where exactly did you park when you just nipped out the car to join the hordes of people and their kids in the probably not very fast moving queue?
    Or if you had no intention of stopping did you kick Granny out to stand there and make your order whilst you drove round the carpark endlessly churning out diesel fumes and muttering under your breath?
    I suspect thats the reasoning behind your rant
    You had to take Nan out and that ruined your plans. You got there late and couldnt park up so settled for a quick cuppa in the car and drove home feeling frustrated and upset. So your easing your pain by letting off steam online
    Bless you son, we have all been there

Parked in a disabled spot as gran is disabled. Was an "on a whim" take her out and we were passing – she hasn't seen the dams for years. Oh – and i paid even though i was there for 10 mins max!!

rOcKeTdOg

There is however the PEAK district (or the peak if you want to be brief)

is there only one then?, sounds crap, the locals seem really friendly though 😕

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

This debate is silly – peak district originates from a local "tribe" many moons ago:

Theories as to the derivation of the Peak District name include the idea that it came from the Pecsaetan or peaklanders, an Anglo-Saxon tribe who inhabited the central and northern parts of the area from the 6th century AD when it fell within the large Anglian kingdom of Mercia

dan1980
    Free Member

I was refering to the White Peak and the Dark Peak, hence "Peaks"

But this is two different areas (or districts if you will) so perhaps it should be the Peak districts?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Only on STW could we end up having an argument as to whether the Peak District should be shortened to The Peak or The Peaks. 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘FAO Bikers at ladybower today’ is closed to new replies.