Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Family Lakes MTB epic
  • TomB

Been done? Family of 6 head out on hire bikes from Windermere to Wasdale over central fells in piss wet overnight predictable epic results

LinkyM

martinhutch

“The party explained that they had indeed gone into the mountains from Langdale with a plan to cross via Esk Hause, Sty Head and descend into Wasdale. However they had become lost at Esk Hause. They had pressed on with the bikes as far as the boulder fields of Broad Crag before abandoning the bikes and continuing on to the Corridor Route where they went to ground until first light. They then continued onto the Wasdale Head Inn.”

Excellent stuff. I thought my dad was bad for getting us lost for a few hours in the Langdales, but this is next level stuff.

Kudos for getting them that far though. I can’t get my kids to walk up the local hill, let alone push a bike up Rossett Gill.

TomB

I wonder if the 6 bikes are still on Broad Crag. Even the most masochistic hike-a-biker wouldn’t bother heading that way on 2 wheels. I was out on Tuesday for a run in the fells and it was absolutely vile- pissing down and strong winds. Poor buggers!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Silent teas for Dad for the foreseeable.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

and had unsuitable clothing for the conditions and took minimal provisions

That’ll be 3 with bum bags and 3 with just water bottles then.

To be honest I seem to be the odd one out everywhere these days for thinking appropriate provisions and clothing for a ride isn’t always 500ml of water, an and an inner tube gaffer taped to your frame.

UK-FLATLANDER

Unbelievable, people’s stupidity never ceases to amaze me. I think they should be given a very large bill.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Family Lakes MTB epic’ is closed to new replies.