Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Family birthdays and the drama…
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So my bestest bestest mate in the world, my son (he’s probably not my best mate or me his but good God I love him so much) is 12 today. We had an informal doo last night at laser quest which was ace, however none of his cousins have text/phoned today to say actual happy birthday. Mrs ws wants to now kill all comers with fire and lasers as they’ve not said happy **** birthday. Family’s heh, oh and the two perps on my side weren’t even there last night as they’re oops north. The joy of family….

perchypanther
    Free Member

Happy birthday to wrightysonson.

Today is also the birthday of the tiniest panthercub,who is now 8.

Trampoline centre, Maccy D’s, Grans, Frankie and Benny’s and now Aunties and Cousins visiting.

Cinema tomorrow with 3 of his pals in tow.

I’m skint, he’s happy.

As it should be.

mintimperial

None of my family ever phoned me on my birthday when I was small. I have about a hundred cousins, it would have taken all sodding day. I got pressies and a party/outing with mates, and that was plenty.

Is this a southern thing? My wife’s family (from Hertfordshire) all phone each other up and sing Happy Birthday down the phone to each other. They started doing it to me too but I shut that down sharpish, bloody weirdos.

wrightyson
    Free Member

They started doing it to me too but I shut that down sharpish, bloody weirdos.

This if only….

bearnecessities

So my bestest bestest mate in the world, my son (he’s probably not my best mate or me his but good God I love him so much)

You win 1 million man points from me tonight. Might be a touch jealous.

Another beer? Why yes, don’t mind if I do.

Zzzz

🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

For a price I will call you daddy, Rich.

Sandwich

Birthdays are for really close family here. Parents, grandparents and sibling. Anyone else would be intrusive.
    Singing Happy Birthday is my speciality from anywhere in the world on the persons big day. I am that wierdo Wrightyson 😆

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

If you celebrate early you accept you don’t give a damn about the date so no one else should either. They turned up, they aye your food and drank your drink, that’s the traditional way of saying well done on being born no need to pass further coment.

SaxonRider

Happy birthday to son of wrightyson and to perchycub!

I just got back to Cardiff from Bradford-on-Avon with four of my kids, having spent the day with my brother and his kids. It was a good one.

Family can be ace.

Toddboy
    Free Member

Oh boh hoh to you!

Seriously, you are such a drama queen aren’t you? And your wife? Or are you just going along with what she says?

Did your son enjoy today? You didn’t say. It all seems to be about you.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Pop round son. I’ll show you proper drama 😉

Toddboy
    Free Member

If your son is 12,then I am far too old for you to call me ‘son’, lol.

matt_outandabout

Birthdays are for immediate family snd grandparents IMO..we have way too many cousins, uncles and aunts, spread around the UK and world. If the all called, or gave pressie, or (worse) came along, then most weekends of the year would be wasted confirming kids own self importance and waste money on crappy presents.
    I also don’t really get the whole big party thing, it seems a competition these days about having to do some paid activity or big do. We have a couple of times when younger did a party, but now it’s a couple of pals and go do one thing.

I also recognise that not everyone thinks my kid is as wonderful as I do.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Upset because the cousins didn’t ring on your kids birthday?
    I really don’t get it. He may be the most important thing in your life but he isn’t the most important thing in every one else’s. I struggle to remember my siblings birthdays and haven’t got a clue when all my cousins were born.

wilburt
    Free Member

I didn’t know if this was some kind of stw wind up, youre upset because some people didnt call you’re kid?
    If you were in my family I’d avoid you too.

scotroutes

TBF to the OP I got the impression it was just his Mrs that was upset about the lack of phone calls.

Birthdays were a low key thing when I was growing up and we never had a phone so that’s that one out of the way.

We often had a wee bash for my daughter though. Sometimes at home, sometimes at an activity. It would usually be on the weekend nearest her actual birthday but (other than my Mother-in-law) there were no phone calls on the day.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Does your son text/call his Cousins on their Birthdays?  If yes, then you’re entitled to feel aggrieved.

Happy Birthday to your son BTW 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

If you can remember your birthday you’re doing it wrong.

I’m pretty sure this life rule is established by 12 years old. It is.. isn’t it….?!

crankboy
    Free Member

My eldest brother once sent my birthday present in march 4 months late and totally ignoring the traditional mid winter festival of greed he had also not sent me a present for . now I’m grown up i have the same lack of regard to the birthdays of his children. We all get on happily enough.
    Why on earth would a twelve year old want to be tied up with pointless texts and phone calls ?

oliverracing

I bumped into my godmother on my 21st birthday, she said hi and kept walking. The next week we were literally shouted at down the phone for not being able to make it to her 12 year olds birthday party, because we were on holiday!

Same godmother also bought my brother a pack of cards and a cadburys dairy milk (100g) for his 18th birthday but refused to speak to my mum for about 6 months for getting her son a version of the local monopoly and a dairy milk for his birthday, “as he doesn’t like chocolate and we should know that”, he does like chocolate as he bloody insisted on eating 1/2 the bar she gave my brother!

These are the “incidents” that have happened related to birthdays, but she’s also managed to spend an entire skiing holiday mad at us for using the family flat (Swiss great grandmother left it to the family to use on holidays) as she’d had to spend over 3x the amount to stay elsewhere. Turns out the next year when we offered her the flat for half term she didn’t want it as it was “too far away from the ski resort” and “always smelt horrible” while being too small for her family!

We will be staying in it this year with with her brothers family, so I’m not sure how she can’t fit 5 people if we can fit 9…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Family birthdays and the drama…’ is closed to new replies.