• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fallen back in love with mountain biking.
  • bodgy
    Free Member

Had the opportunity to do some reasonably full-on downhill trails in Les Houches, Chamonix.

A borrowed Santa Cruz Nomad (thanks Neil!), full face helmet and armour, a day pass for the cable car and wey-hey!

Three runs at the blue route and I was pretty much done in.

First time riding full suss properly downhill and I LOVED it. why haven’t I done that sooner?

Gonna have to save up for some bounce now. Dammit.

DezB
    Free Member

Nothing better than getting those wheels on an actual proper mountain. You’ve made me realise I must do it again soon!

footflaps

You should really stop posting in the Chat forum now though, we only pretend to ride bikes…

bodgy
    Free Member

Aw, shirt. Hadn’t thought of that.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Awesome, canny beat an uplift day, destroyed at the end of it, grinning like a tool!

sharkattack

I fall in love every summer in the Alps. Then I come back to the UK and gradually grow to hate it!

neilthewheel

I went the other way – stopped trying to be a riding god, got back to old-style getting out int the country, exploring the hidden corners – and alsao fell in love with it again.

hopefiendboy

@neil the wheel yup in the same boat. Trying to re kindle the love with longer exploratory rides in the hills. Good for the soul

jedi

The run down beneath the prarion cable car is awesome

bodgy
    Free Member

@jedi – do you mean the tiny little thread of dirt directly underneath the cable car? Crikey – I thought that was an animal track!

I liked the blue run- it wasn’t overly maintained so felt like a ‘real’ route, fairly rough and gnarly. Had more of a U.K. red route feel. Accidentally took part of the black run at one point – luckily managed to stop before the ten ft. drop off.😬

organic355
    Free Member

I was the same, used to ride XC and built up an awesome 100mm travel Turner Flux.
    The the little one arrived, and didnt bike much.

Tried to get back into it recently and took the XC bike to Laggan Wolftrax, and hated it, got bounced around all over the place and was going to sell the bike.

Then did a demo day at laggan a few weeks later, rode a yeti SB6 enduro bike, never smiled so much (not common for me), and realised I needed more bounce on my bike.

Now the proud owner of my own Yeti SB6 and have well and truly got the bug again!!!

jedi

Yep

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fallen back in love with mountain biking.’ is closed to new replies.