Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fakro roof window blind replacement/refurbishing
  • spaniardclimber
    Free Member

The house we bought has 2 roof Fakro window blinds in which the fabric is falling apart, we would need just the fabric and the string as everything else is in as new condition, but Fakro don’t sell replacements, just the whole blind, and at £100, it’s not cheap and it seems a waste.

Has anyone refurbished one of these? I disassembled the whole thing and I can source both the string and the fabric, but there are some plastic bits clamped to the fabric that cannot be removed, so I can’t transfer them to the new fabric.

Other brands are around £50, so that would be an option.

slowol

These have been recommended to us for Velux fit blinds. Not got any yet but they are on ‘the list’ of things to do.
    https://www.blindsdirect.co.uk/roof-blinds
    There are videos on YouTube of blind repair. I looked at fixing a velux one but a plastic tab that holds the alignment strings had snapped so we had to get a new one.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I cheaped out and bought those blinds direct ones. Lasted a couple of years before refusing to stay in the down position – the tabs that it slides up and over to secure had simply worn away.

But in all honesty…chalk and cheese between the genuine velux blinds we have now. The velux ones are considerably better and have lasted longer – wouldn’t buy the blinds direct again

On the velux ones it’s a simple job to change the fabric…..I had to modify a larger velux solar blind as they didn’t make one small.enough for my window at the time- which involved totally dismantling it and cutting it down to suit and reassembling.

slowol

Thanks for that heads up trial_rat. Might have to save up for the genuine VELUX on on a window that currently has none.

stingmered

Plastic tab snapped on mine too but just used a small screw and washer to secure the string into the frame. Actually
    A better solution as it’s tucked away and the blind works perfectly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.