• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by was.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Fake bars?
  • verses

Just seen this ad on Ebay.

Firstly I think it’s good that the person writing the ad is so honest.

Secondly I’ve seen the bars he refers to as possibly not being genuine and had wondered the same;
    – The graphics look slightly misplaced compared to those shown on CRC
    – The 2 official lengths I can find are 580mm and 685mm, not 600mm.
    – His weigh 191g which doesn’t match that shown on any shop sites.

Does anyone know if there’s an epidemic of fake EA70s?

rickon
    Free Member

Like these, you mean?

awh
    Free Member

Could they be OEM bars? Hence not constructed to the same spec as the aftermarket bars.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I don’t think Easton would sell OEM EA70 bars with a similar weight to EA30.
    Seems very odd.

verses

Rickon, I can’t see your pics.

Hadn’t considered OEM, but as mtbmatt says the weights seem odd…

unovolo
    Free Member

Just had a look on Google images and the easton logo and EA70 decal all seem to be nearer the centre of the bar which is the same as they genuine pics that Easton show.

Doesnt mean they are fake but it is a discrepancy, for less than £20 there not a bad buy even if they are slightly over the listed weight.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Doesnt mean they are fake but it is a discrepancy, for less than £20 there not a bad buy even if they are slightly over the listed weight.

Not a good deal at all, because EA30’s are the same weight and less money and you can be certain they will be genuine.

trailflow
    Free Member

Try contacting Easton. See what they say. If they turn out to be fake then they’re probably highly unsafe.

charliedontsurf

Fakes do turn up in the cycle trade.

The importer of another brand saw some odd warranty trends and found the items to be fakes, not supplied by them, but still finding their way in to uk circulation.

verses

Thanks for the feedback, will probably give them a miss.

verses

The best deal I can find for new “genuine” ones is at CRC

verses

Not really sure what to make of that link… But it doesn’t instil confidence that they’re genuine!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Rather buy some Easton stickers and put them on a cheap pair of bars I know are FSA/EaA30/whatever than risk a set from a random Chinese knockoff shop that even the seller isn’t convinced about.

And eBay don’t like fake stuff so really if the seller has any doubts he/she shouldn’t be selling them.

thomthumb
    Free Member

alibaba link says 600 mm but the image is printed 620 mm. neither of these are ‘official’ lengths. mmm suspect.

was
    Free Member

alibaba link says 600 mm but the image is printed 620 mm. neither of these are ‘official’ lengths. mmm suspect.

Indeed. Do you think Easton would be happy for the factory to flogging them direct?

Probably just some reasonably light bars that someone has logo’d up knowing its almost impossible to be busted for it.

I bet most people wouldn’t be able to tell any difference in ride quality anyway….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Fake bars?’ is closed to new replies.