Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Fabric Saddles- Is it just my bubble butt
  • konanige

Love Fabric scoop saddles, super comfy ride all day bliss BUT why do they start creaking like a b@s%£&d after a couple of months. Tried steel rails and carbon( which lasted slightly longer) and they all do the same. Is it my 100kg ass and does anyone have a cure other than bulk buying a container load of saddles and changing them every month?

DezB
    Free Member

Had one in my basket, not going to hit buy now! I hate creaky saddles

rone

Yep. I’ve got three, all going that way.

Same with WTB.

Right pain in the…

Was going to try different rails too.

singlespeedstu

Try dribbling a small amount of chain lube into the rear rail/base joint.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

My Brooks C17 is the same, just learned to live with it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Lube the bit where the rail goes into the hull. Ok it only lasts a few rides but it takes seconds to do.

zezaskar
    Free Member

I weigh a little over 95kg geared, and my Fabric Scoop also creaks, it’s the interface between the rails and the plastic base. Considering the tough life it has, including plenty of emergency landings from drops and jumps directly on the saddle, I think it’s ok

alpin
    Free Member

Had the same problem with mine.

Was in the LBS the other day and he had a couple of Charge Spoons there. Was about to buy one and explained to the guy why; creaky Fabric saddle.

He ended up selling me a can of quietschtöl (Squeaky oil?). Was out yesterday and it seems to have worked. Although if rather have a saddle that didn’t creak. But I also want one that’s waterproof.

davosaurusrex

Had quite a few of them but gave up on them for this reason. The Nukeproof Electron that came on my bike has been great to be honest but is looking battered now. Tempted to get a Scoop Sport off Merlin for £30, heat up some thick grease and pour into the joints. Or maybe just get another Nukeproof. They don’t look as good though…

simonloco
    Free Member

Strange had a few fabric saddles, line models though not slot lighter & have done few 1000 miles on them with no issues. Clearly i’m not Gnar/sick enough :/(

davosaurusrex

Road or mtb? Maybe the impacts from mtb loosen the joints over time and allow the creaking to start?

alpin
    Free Member

Mine was creaking from new.

bigginge

I’ve had a creaky “seat-post” that I’ve failed to silence since I built my bike up last year. Perhaps I’ll try oiling my (fabric) saddle’s rails to see if I too have a squeaky one. I certainly have the arse for it (in the context of this thread, at least)

Part of me really hopes I do have a squeaky saddle as it’s been driving mad trying to shut that nose up.

drnosh
    Free Member

I spray a bit of silicone lubricant onto the rails in the area where they clamp into the top of the seat post.

Also have a creaky seat post, and again spray down around the clamp.

This does cure the creaks for 2-3 months or so.

tdog
    Free Member

Likewise have got 2 cell radius elites which crack crack but no boom boom

simonloco
    Free Member

@daveosaurus cx & mtb trail/enduro & endurance racing on a couple of the line 142s

avdave2

I’ve got Shimano touring SPD’s on the road bike and Shimano touring shoes and they squeak when used together in very dry weather which can be really irritating. I just use a bit of chain lube which deals with the problem for a few rides

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Fabric Saddles- Is it just my bubble butt’ is closed to new replies.