Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fabric cageless waterbottle – any users yet?
  • CalamityJames
    Free Member

Just about to pull the trigger on one of these, wanted to know if anybody is already using one and if it does (as expected) stay in place?

http://fabric.cc/shop/waterbottle/

tom.nash

Doesn’t fit on a Santa Cruz 5010 Mk2!! You need a good couple of inches between the lower bottle cage bolt and the seat tube for the bottle to slide down onto it’s slots.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It does stay in place, but I lost mine after two days (left it somewhere, it didn’t fall off) and couldn’t be borthered to replace it. I don’t think it’s an improvement on a cage.

somafunk

I use the Vincero Design cageless bottle mount/bottles on my Hummer and Tripster, they work well and satisfy my irrational dislike of bottle cages

Chipbutty
    Free Member

@ Tom, you’ve just saved me the expense of trying one on my 5010! Thanks. 🙂 Im wanting a cage that wont interfere with Thule roof carrier and thought the Fabric might have fixed that issue.

damascus
    Free Member

They seem to work well on the ones I’ve seen but they only use them when we stop. It’s difficult to use them and put them back on the move. Very stable and they’ve not fallen off yet.

As above they do look better (when off the bike) but that’s about it. If you do lose the bottle you can’t just use any bottle.

benpinnick

^ Exactly this.

honourablegeorge

I bought one solely to make up the minimum amount for free postage on an Evans order.

Then Evans shipped the rest of the order (for free), and the bottle is on backorder. Go figure.

philjunior
    Free Member

Hmmm now I’m thinking of getting one of these on a couple of my bikes as I occasionally like to have a bottle but don’t like the cage if I’m having to carry the bike, and I don’t like the faff of fitting/removing the cage.

Northwind

Exactly what these guys said- which is exactly what I wanted tbh so it’s great. Retention’s fine, actually pretty stiff- putting it back is pretty fiddly and it’s not the best bottle valve to drink from in a hurry either so all in all, I only try and fit it or take it when not moving.

If you’re a regular bottle user, they’re both pointless and not very good. But if you just want to occasionally carry some water they’re ace- quick local rides where you just want to wet your throat frisntance. I use mine for a light battery as well and perfect for that.

Doesn’t fit perfectly in one of my bikes, there’s no scope to move the “cage” as there normally would be, and the shock reservoir bumps it- so I reshaped the bottle to suit with hot air.

So all in all… Not a bottle cage replacement at all really but good if you wouldn’t usually want a bottle cage.

Oh- and the blurb doesn’t make this clear but you get 2 sets of bosses with each bottle, a coloured set and a black set (eh, at least I did- maybe the black bottles only come with one, who knows. But it’s a bonus that.

benpinnick

Yep – its basically a #enduro bottle!

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Sounds perfect then for intended purpose, not to replace my pack but simply to use for a quick hour or two when going local.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fabric cageless waterbottle – any users yet?’ is closed to new replies.