Viewing 40 posts - 1,721 through 1,760 (of 5,338 total)
  • F1 2021 – spoilers here
  • Bez

The one thing that this whole episode does demonstrate is that almost exactly 100% of people who post comments on sports social media posts are weapons grade **** who at best can bring themselves to say “well, I suppose racism is bad, but…” and more frequently just seem to deny that racism is even a thing. And these days I only look at Instagram, I dread to think what the others are like. If there’s a god then I hope she’s got a back door into Facebook’s servers and is scraping a big **** list of souls to throw into some sort of pit when they finally rock up at the gates.

mashr

Premier Icon
    the-muffin-man

There’s no rule that says you must take the apex of every corner. You can place your car anywhere as long as you leave a car’s width.

It wasn’t an intentional move to miss the apex. Hence the FIAs comments too, and I feel they called it right. Was a racing incident but slightly weighted towards the guy who couldn’t hold his line. 10s penalty, makes no difference in the end anyway

PJM1974
    Free Member

If there’s a god then I hope she’s got a back door into Facebook’s servers and is scraping a big **** list of souls to throw into some sort of pit when they finally rock up at the gates.

There’s a great deal I like about that sentence.

tjagain

There’s no rule that says you must take the apex of every corner. You can place your car anywhere as long as you leave a car’s width.

Max left one and a half cars width. Hamilton oversteered wide and hit him as he missed the apex Max left enough room but Hamilton needed more because he went in too hot

tjagain

To be fair, he made the corner.

ONly becauwe he hit max

So you’re saying Lewis couldn’t avoid the collision and Max had the choice not to steer into him at 180 miles an hour but did anyhow?

No I am saying the opposite. Max altered his line to go wider ( hence turn in, open the steering to take a wider line then turn in again) and left Hamilton a car and a halfs width Hamilton didn’t back out so hit Max as hamilton ran wide.

pondo

He definitely backed out – they were nigh-on dead level, you can see Hamilton’s front wing on Verstappen’s in-car. And as highlighted on the Sky video, Max made two adjustments to turn in, the second stronger than the first. Lewis would have made the corner whether Max was there or not.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Hamilton has just done the rest of the grid a favour. Max has been intimidating the other drivers and squeezing them all this season and last. To the point where most of them have been backing out to avoid a collision. Not this time. It’s about time Hamilton got his elbows out. It’s called racing. You can clearly see Max turn in on Hamilton, maybe he’ll think twice next time. F1 has certainly got a bit more interesting if nothing else.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Is this discussion still going on?

I use this thread to catch up on any interesting inside info but the last three screens seem to be the same thing with neither view being willing to change.

1) They were racing
    2) They are both very good racers
    3) They turned a corner
    4) There was contact
    5) Either could have backed out
    6) Neither did
    7) Hamilton was lightly penalised because on balance it was slightly more his fault
    8) It wasn’t a deliberate ramming, professional foul or murder attempt
    9) Move on

Please get back to the juicy gossip we don’t get on R4 or ITV etc

inkster
    Free Member

World class assessment WorldClassAccidet, would expect nothing less from you with a user name like that.

thols2

1) They were racing
    2) They are both very good racers
    3) They turned a corner
    4) There was contact
    5) Either could have backed out
    6) Neither did
    7) Hamilton was lightly penalised because on balance it was slightly more his fault
    8) It wasn’t a deliberate ramming, professional foul or murder attempt
    9) Move on

10) Jos Verstappen is a ****

inkster
    Free Member

Bez,

If, as The Man in Black once said: “There’s a man…goimg round…taking names”, than I hope the first name on the list is Christian Horner.

I think it was said earlier that CH can’t be blamed for the racist abuse because his comments weren’t specifically racist. Well, we have seen across all media a veritable tsunami of egative comments towards LH from those who obviously never watched the race or have the first idea about F1. For their amunition they are using all the eronious points raised by Horner.

There’s a limit to how many times the trolls can whinge about LH not paying taxes, or only winning because of the car. It’s a tough job when the lad keeps on winning, and winning,….and winning. They need an uber troll like CH to throw a bit of fuel on the fire every now and again to motivate the base and get those keyboards a tapping.

thols2

Max altered his line to go wider ( hence turn in, open the steering to take a wider line then turn in again) and left Hamilton a car and a halfs width Hamilton didn’t back out so hit Max as hamilton ran wide.

I don’t see that.

swavis

Max was going for the apex even though Hamilton’s car was there. Yes maybe Hamilton did go in a bit hot but Max could very easily have avoided it. Fair result all round.

theotherjonv

watching that gif, MV’s turn in was going to take him closer to the apex than LH, if they hadn’t touched he was going to leave less that a car and a half. Clearly saying back off and LH didn’t.

LH caused the situation but MV had the chance to avoid it, I’m coming round to LH created the scenario but MV created the collision.

retro83
    Free Member

For those like me who watched on sky, the c4 intro is worth a quick watch

dakuan
    Free Member

ONly becauwe he hit max

This is outright nonsense, if he’d have outbreaked himself there’d have been wheels locking everywhere and the collision would have taken both out. He’d have been condemned by his peers and then damned by his data. Literally nobody is saying he did this, not even Helmut Marko!

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

@retro83 hadnt seen that. Appreciated! Love top gun but the multi 21 comment cracked me up.

Was on holiday so missed the race but saw all the chat, so managed to focus on other things.

Things that seem to be missed/not duscussed, poor mclaren pit stop (rare thing) cost Lando another podium here. Vettel doing a vettel and spinning whilst under a little pressure and Cheko being sacrificed to take a point off lewis when he could easily have got 8th just shows red bull is all max!

dooosuk
    Free Member

And don’t forget Mazespin beat M. Schumacher! (again)

pocpoc
    Free Member

10) Jos Verstappen is a ****

11) Christian Horner is a ****
    12) Helmut Marko is a bigger ****

poor mclaren pit stop (rare thing)

Seems to happen quite often IIRC. Especially last season. They’re doing better this season but it’s still their achilles heel.

Bez

Cheko being sacrificed to take a point off lewis when he could easily have got 8th just shows red bull is all max!

Red Bull is all Max, of course—all their talk last year was openly about needing someone to be close to Max to haul in the points that Mercedes were hoovering up, not about having anyone to rival him—but in this case it just makes sense for any team: there are only two title contenders. Bottas is fully in a second-driver role as well.

pocpoc
    Free Member

And don’t forget Mazespin beat M. Schumacher! (again)

Second time this season – first time was in Monaco when Schumacher had engine problems and let him past.

It was interesting watching it at Silverstone and the ever increasing gap between the 2 Hass’ (closely matched) and the rest of the back-of-the-pack. That car just simply doesn’t have the pace of the rest. Clearly given up quite early in the season when they realised it was uncompetitive and focussing on next year.

thegreatape
    Free Member

The wheels on that Porsche are beautiful.

retro83
    Free Member

pocpoc

It was interesting watching it at Silverstone and the ever increasing gap between the 2 Hass’ (closely matched) and the rest of the back-of-the-pack. That car just simply doesn’t have the pace of the rest. Clearly given up quite early in the season when they realised it was uncompetitive and focussing on next year.

Yeah it’s an absolute dog, looks a right handful to drive. Aside from the obviously poor aero, I remember Kevin or Grosjean saying it had problems with the suspension overheating, leading to really inconsistent handling.

eta:
    link

richmtb

The intensity of Verstappen’s impact, Horner disclosed, was measured at 51G, roughly five times the gravitational force to which fighter pilots are subject when they are performing loop-the-loops.

Telegraph writers are clearly as well informed on aeronautics as they are on F1.

I think Horner’s hyperbolic haranguing of Hamilton will ultimately prove to be counter productive. Very few people in F1 believe that Hamilton is a dirty driver, quite the opposite. So doubling down on the criticism means that any 50/50 calls in the future will probably go against Red Bull.

the-muffin-man

They’d given up on this season before it even started! The only work they really did was the floor to comply with the new regs.

They even said this year was always going to be written off for them so they could chuck all their budget at the 2022 car.

thols2

Clearly given up quite early in the season when they realised it was uncompetitive and focussing on next year.

They made that decision last year. The made the absolute minimum of changes to the car to meet the rule changes for this year to save money to develop next year’s car. There was never any intention of doing any development work for this year.

Edit. Beaten by 22 seconds by the MM.

pocpoc
    Free Member

Red Bull Legal Action

Helmut now talking about getting lawyers involved! What a dick. He wants to change the rules because his pet project didn’t win. Masi has stated that the stewards only look at the incident itself and not the consequences of it. In which case Perez’s 2x 5 seconds penalties in Austria should have set a precendent for Hamilton surely? The hypocrisy is strong with this one (from Marko, no the stewards).

dannybgoode

Blimey – that’s all a bit strong. Particularly from an owner of a team with the most aggressive driver on the grid – he should be careful what he wishes for. Can’t see it going anywhere but reinforces my opinion of HM 🙂

b230ftw
    Free Member

I can’t believe they are taking it this far. They really don’t have any perspective about the incident at all so they? To an outsider not knowing what started it all and had no idea about F1 you’d think that Lewis tried to murder Crashtappen (don’t ever forget that was his nickname no so long ago) and his whole family.
    They would do well the remember the disgusting way MV has conducted himself on and off the track since he joined F1. FFS he went and physically assaulted someone in the pits!!!!

mashr

So doubling down on the criticism means that any 50/50 calls in the future will probably go against Red Bull.

As much as the penalty system as far from perfect, that’s an incredibly low view to take.

That legal action stuff is mental. Maybe looking for some concession for the impact to their budget (slight increase in cost cap if your car gets absolutely ruined), but the stuff in that article is bonkers

thols2

Helmut now talking about getting lawyers involved!

boriselbrus
    Free Member

That really is pathetic.

I don’t drink energy drinks but they are no longer my first choice of fizzy drink to not buy. I’d now rather not buy pretty much any other brand of fizzy drink than not buy theirs.

TBF I probably won’t buy a Mercedes either, but that’s more because I’m skint.

nickc

The hypocrisy is strong with this one

Indeed, you can’t go along with all the “hard charging, take no prisoners” approach of your No.1 driver, and then complain bitterly about it when the same tactic is used against him.

pocpoc
    Free Member

(slight increase in cost cap if your car gets absolutely ruined)

I think I read somewhere that Red Bull retiring Perez from the sprint on Saturday gives them a $100,000 increase in the cost cap?
    Anyone got any more info on this? Surely if that were the case then everyone running outside the top 10 would retire with 2 laps to go in every race? I’m sure they could all come up with a “valid reason” to retre if they needed. Perez said they retired because of the vibrations from flat spots and safety concerns. So, everyone locks up and retires with flat spots = budget cap increases for all?

thols2

Anyone got any more info on this? Surely if that were the case then everyone running outside the top 10 would retire with 2 laps to go in every race?

AFAIK, it only applies to the sprint races. The idea is that teams didn’t budget for accident damage in the sprint races so it’s reasonable to expand the cost cap to cover that. I think the 100K isn’t a rigid limit – it can be increased if a car suffers major damage.

mashr

CH stated it was a “strategic retirement”, not sure what the exact benefits are though

thols2

CH stated it was a “strategic retirement”, not sure what the exact benefits are though

I imagine there will be park ferme limitations on cars that finish the sprint race, but if you retire and start from the pit lane, you have free reign to work on the car. Plus the extra 100k above the cost cap.

mashr

I imagine there will be park ferme limitations on cars that finish the sprint race

That was it actually

stumpy01

Blimey! This is still going on?!

It was a racing incident. Whether it was 60/40 Hamilton’s fault, 50/50 or whatever it doesn’t really matter.
    There was no malice there; it was just aggressive racing.

I don’t think this puts the ‘party hard, race hard’ branding of Red Bull in a good light & I hope that every time Max makes an aggressive move in a race, whoever interviews Horner after the race asks whether he thinks that move justifies court action from the slighted team or a harsher penalty for Max?

What a bunch of whinging arseholes.

LAT

The way it came across to me is that CH was completely over the top considering how Max drives.

Lewis was more to blame for the accident, so got a penalty.

Max couldn’t have driven like he does for his whole career and not be involved in an incident like this.

If Max had taken a different line he’d have finished first or second. I believe that Max knew he had to be ahead of Lewis at the end of the first lap to disrupt the Mercedes strategy and that was all he had on his mind.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,721 through 1,760 (of 5,338 total)

The topic ‘F1 2021 – spoilers here’ is closed to new replies.