• This topic has 1,693 replies, 146 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,694 total)
  • F1 2019 (spoilers obviously)
  • thepurist

Yes, is that his first (post F1) win against a competitive field or did I miss something else? Le Mans/WEC can’t really count as he was only “racing” his own team.

the-muffin-man
    thepurist

Would be interested to know who the source of that was. IIRC Christian Sylt writes for the WSJ and he was widely regarded s Bernie’s puppet, and was (still is) vocally anti-Liberty.

wesutf1
    Free Member

Good win for Alonso in Daytona.

Good win for Wayne Taylor Racing, for which Alonso makes up only 25% of the car’s driver lineup!

the-muffin-man

Looks like that story I posted is a crock of s…!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Oooh! This looks nice. Wonder how wide the track is.

Philippines Grand Prix facility revealed by Tilke associates

thepurist

Good win for Wayne Taylor Racing, for which Alonso makes up only 25% of the car’s driver lineup!

Alonso was lapping 2-4 seconds quicker than the field in his stints, taking the car waaay up the order each time. Very unlikely the team would have been in the right place to win without him.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Caught Alonso’s stint around 4 hrs in where he took the car from 7/8th to first and opened up around a 20 second lead within 30 odd minutes.
    On the brakes in to turn 1 no one could hold a candle to him, the move on the Mazda (77…Rene Rast?) for the lead was outstanding, came from miles back, late on the brakes, up the inside and away he went.
    Also in the rain I’m sure his team mate Taylor admitted to being out his depth and they popped FA back in the car for him to be up to 5 seconds per lap quicker than the field.
    Really enjoyable race, although the cars are not as fast as F1 you could really see the speed the cars were travelling at and the closing speeds between the different classes is unbelievable at times.
    FA is a great driver but far too political for his own good, maybe a year in other series will see him re-evaluate and come back a little calmer than before for one last stab at a third WDC.

wesutf1
    Free Member

Alonso was lapping 2-4 seconds quicker than the field in his stints, taking the car waaay up the order each time. Very unlikely the team would have been in the right place to win without him.

Yeah for sure he was the best driver in the car, but that doesn’t make up for the shoddy journalism that’s been going around surrounding this story (BBC and Autosport, I’m looking at you!).

Yes, he’s the most noteworthy driver in the car (and even the whole field) but, that doesn’t mean that he won the race single-handedly. Same can be said about the Le Mans coverage last year, this is endurance racing, it’s a team sport. You win as a team and lose as a team. To say Alonso wins without even mentioning the fact that he was in a team is downright offensive to the series as a whole! And I’d be gobsmacked if good ol’ Rodney Sandstorm actually seriously said he was out of his depth in those conditions. He’s one of the greatest DPi drivers in the world and he’s won races for his teams in comparable conditions in the past. The bits that I tuned into with Jordan in the car he was absolutely smashing it in the rain, maybe not as fast as Fernando Lemanso, but definitely faster than the rest of the field!

the-muffin-man

Sauber renamed Alfa Romeo Racing for 2019 – no big surprise there!

And only a few days left till first car launches. 🙂

keithb

Just seen the Sauber news. Not unexpected but it’s a shame to see another historic privateer outfit (even if now in name only) lost from the grid. Just Mclaren and Williams left now…. I wonder how long before one of those goes under or is bought out?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I enjoyed this video.

That David Coulthard one is a corker. 😮

orena45

Do you think anyone at Haas has realised their new sponsor, Rich Energy, has stolen Whyte Bikes’ logo?!

Edit: similarity already previously noted – https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rich-energy-and-whyte-bikes/

RickDraper
    Free Member

Rich energy are due in court v ATB sales ltd on the 12th and 13th of March with a decision due 1st of May.

jimster01

My personal favourite Schumacher moment was at the British Grand Prix when he forgot to turn right at the end of the hanger straight.

thepurist

Haas reveals 2019 F1 car in a JPS stylee

retro83
    Free Member

love it, there’s some mumbling that rich energy are going to have to change their logo as it’s too close to Whyte Bikes logo.

Daffy

THAT is a good looking car.

retro83
    Free Member

Daffy

Subscriber

THAT is a good looking car.

Yes, I just hope Haas got the cash up front!

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I wonder how many races it will finish in that condition

retro83
    Free Member

monkeysfeet

I wonder how many races it will finish in that condition

With those two driving, they may as well have done the press shots with the front wing missing.

simondbarnes

Probably figured as Ferarri get away with it they may as well give it a go too…

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/british-american-tobacco-mclaren-deal/4335598/

london_lad_liam
    Free Member

<script async src=”//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

retro83
    Free Member

same old livery, still looks good though.

Bargeboards quite different to last years car. Scarbs reckons they’re just placeholders on this render though.

Williams livery due in 10 mins or so.

retro83
    Free Member

retro83
    Free Member

williams f1

jamesy01
    Free Member

Be good if that Williams went like a Rokit…IGMC

the-muffin-man

All of Williams employees are now thinking “shit, have we got to use these now instead of our iPhones!” 🙂

…much the same way as Lewis had to use a Blackberry!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Don’t really like the look of the Williams but after the Martini colours anything was going to be a let down.
    It’ll look a lot better if it finishes further up the field though. Fingers crossed.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

So Williams have a phone company sponsor who don’t appear to be shipping product.
    Haas have a drinks sponsor who don’t seem to be shipping product.
    F1 is **** isn’t it?

the-muffin-man

At this rate F1 Esports will have more real world sponsors! 🙂

BAT back with McLaren now too.

That new Williams livery hides the Rexona logo as well. Not as visible as before.

thepurist

Have to say it’s all a bit ‘meh’ so far this year.  We’ve got last year’s Williams wearing a worse livery, some renders of a TR and a shadowy photo of a dark Haas taken in a dark room to hide any detail.  Bring on next Monday when all the talking stops and we see who can actually put in some reliable laps in testing (not that the times in testing ever mean much, it’s more about seeing how far the RB/TR goes before the first Honda goes pop).

london_lad_liam
    Free Member

https://www.motorsport.com/btcc/news/hamilton-motorbase-ford-rokit/4335896/

Interesting Rokit also sponsoring nick Hamilton in btcc

retro83
    Free Member
    thepurist

Forunately RedBull say this is a one off livery

Red Bull reveals its first Honda-powered F1 car

retro83
    Free Member

Shame, i like that livery!
    Looking at the car itself, the sidepods are bloody small and there is a serious amount of aero trinkets in the barge board area

thepurist

Looking at the car itself, the sidepods are bloody small

Now, I’m no F1 engineering god but given Honda’s history of tight packaging & heat management in the McLaren, would you be pushing the limits on your first foray with their PU?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,694 total)

The topic ‘F1 2019 (spoilers obviously)’ is closed to new replies.