Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Hermes!!
  • johnw1984
    Free Member

Not had a rant online ever so I reckon it’s about time haha.

Sent a shock out via Hermes and dropped it off at the local shop for a pick up. Got an email a few days later saying my parcel weighs 1.5kg and I need to pay an extra £4 odd.

Couldn’t be arsed disputing so just paid it (even though it’s well under 1kg). After a week of sitting in a depot, the parcel lands back on my doorstep this morning!

Out of curiosity, I stuck the parcel on my kitchen scales and it came in at 826g…

Basically paid twice to have my parcel take a trip to a depot and back!

Oh and I think they dragged the box behind the van down the motorway.

No idea why I’m shouting about it on here, maybe it’ll make someone chuckle at my minor misfortune 🙂

jamj1974

That’s just shit customer service.

tomhoward

Correct spelling and grammar, no random caps, genuine reason for ire.

1/10, on account you bothered to ‘rant’ at all.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Sorry Tom! I did try (or didn’t?). 🙂

Cougar

Shocking.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Perhaps you have have set the rebound too high?

pondo

Hermes are bobbins. I appreciate that many of this parish have good Hermes drivers and that’s good, but it is literally* impossible to contact anyone when things go wrong.

* And I mean literally in the very literal sense of the word.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Puns appreciated 🙂

The chat bot was a bit of a laugh. Having looked at the useless “tracking” and seeing it sat at the depot 5 days in a row, I thought I’d have a go at the chat.

It asked for the parcel number, then the delivery post code, then it told me the parcel was at the depot… Cheers mate!

Aidy
    Free Member

Hermes are bobbins. I appreciate that many of this parish have good Hermes drivers and that’s good, but it is literally* impossible to contact anyone when things go wrong.

Yeah, that’s the problem. I thought their customer support was terrible before, but amazingly, they’ve managed to make it worse.

I used to get bad replies from them, after some time, and never actually get any resolution. Now I just have their chat bot, which sends me an email that someone is totally going to look at it, and never hear anything ever again.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Perhaps you have have set the rebound too high?

Much respect for that one.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’ve found Hermes to be the worst delivery firm out there.
    Alarm bells ring whenever someone says that they’ve sent me something via Hermes,avoid if possible..

boxxer7
    Free Member

Just had my first issue with them, ordered something and the sender didn’t include the business name in the address for some reason.

Hermes unable to deliver- eventually someone from Hermes calls me a day after the attempted delivery. I also contacted the sender and they amended it too.

Checked back this morning and it’s being returned to sender now.

Speaking to anyone at Hermes is impossible

lerk
    Free Member

You poor deluded fool…

Surely everybody knows that the way to contact the Hermes driver is through your local village facebook page!

Northwind

The bot is a nightmare. You can still get to a person but it’s always a battle.

Pro tip if they invoice you for overweight- just ignore it. They’ll deliver it as normal and you’ll never hear about it again. Even if they’ve got the weight wrong, which sometimes happens, there’s no point in disputing it- they’ll dig in “our scales are calibrated and you’ve accepted our terms and conditions”, so then you just don’t pay it anyway, and that’s it done.

ctk
    Free Member

Waiting for a bike frame, 2 weeks today. Tracking says they have it.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Got an update through email (of sorts).

They’re sorry for the delay and my parcel will be on it’s way in the next 48 hours…. the very same one that I’ve just re-sent via DPD.

@Northwind

I should have just ignored it really, but the “calibrated scales” bit makes me laugh. I used to work a lot with couriers and they were forever trying to overcharge us for boxes that got caught on the scales with other boxes.

Unless our kitchen scales are grossly under reading, which would explain my terrible cooking lol.

allanoleary
    Free Member

They’re pissing me off now too. Dropped 4 parcels off at my local Hermes returns store to go back to Wiggle 8 days ago. The tracking site says they are still at the store. That’s nearly £1000 that I need back and a load of sellable stock that Wiggle need. Annoyed now.

slowol

Could be worse, Amazon couriers round here dumped my parcel in the nearly full Wheely bin yesterday. I only found it as it overfilled the bin pushing the lid up. Fortunately bin day was today and rubbish muck hadn’t soaked through the cardboard box yet.
    What annoys me even more was that I didn’t even order it from Amazon but a shop the must use their delivery.
    Hermes local guy is OK but for the second time in a couple of months I had a parcel delivered today with a hole ripped in it by Hermes. I hope a single gas strut for a 12 year old Kia is super useful, maybe it’ll work with the Aldi drill battery that ‘fell out’ somewhere in Hermes land.
    Sorry you’ve got me ranting too…

allanoleary
    Free Member

Day 20. All 4 items still showing as at the shop where I dropped them off. Managed to work my way past the robot gatekeeper on their website and get an email from them saying they will look into it. That was 5 days ago. Nothing since and can’t reply to the email. Wiggle told me today that they will get Hermes to investigate which they need 4 days for. Really not happy now. I should realistically have had my money back about 2 weeks ago.

BillOddie

I have had Hermes returns end up back with me too.

Seemed to make it back to the shop on the 2nd attempt.

This only happened once in maybe 10 times of returning things.

sparkyrhino

sparkyrhino

Hermes delivery☝🏼

sobriety
    Free Member

Is that your house and your parcel though? If so, then it’s pretty good by their standards.

sparkyrhino

Yes & Yes , no notification, didnt realise until a neighbour pointed it out (our new Local Hermes driver is pretty good though)

intheborders
    Free Member

I’ve found Hermes to be the worst delivery firm out there.
    Alarm bells ring whenever someone says that they’ve sent me something via Hermes,avoid if possible..

Or you’ve just a crap driver.

A parcel been sent via Hermes for me means that I get to see (my ‘office’ looks out onto the drive) the easy-on-the-eye Hermes lady trot down/up the drive at 10am the next day 🙂

ads678

@allanoleary – I had similar, when sending some forks back to CRC. They seemed to get stuck in Hermes warehouse and because Hermes were stating they had the package CRC refunded me. No idea what ever happened to the forks though.

Still shit you’re having to wait for so much money though.

I’ve never had a problem with a delivery from them though.

Onzadog
    Free Member

@allanoleary
    Did this ever get resolved?

allanoleary
    Free Member

Yeah, when Wiggle finally got involved it took a few days. However since then Hermes have lost an Apple Watch I ordered so there have been a few choice words on Trustpilot.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Hermes!!’ is closed to new replies.