Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Extendable plastic tubing… Brace yourselves
  • thepodge
    Free Member

Where on earth can I get some extendable plastic tubing like this?

https://www.cromwell.co.uk/shop/packaging/packing-cartons-and-tubes/telescopic-squared-tube-packaging/f/40714

Needs to be about 25mm x 1000mm internal. I already have two (no idea where from) but need another 3 or 4 not 50 which seems to be all anyone sells. The previously used cardboard tubes have got damp & disintegrated plus they are holding about 2.5kg so the bottoms always fall out.

Other options that are available much appreciated.

singletrackmind

Does it have to be extendable?
    32mm solvant weld waste pipe cut to length, with a stop end solvant welded on, then a couple of lengths of gaffa tape on t other end.
    Cost about £2, maybe less.

thepodge
    Free Member

Doesn’t have to be but is preferred.

2m of pipe is £3.39 so not convinced on your pricing there plus gaffa is a total bodge.

ads678

But those ones in your link are max 200mm long or am.I missing something?

singletrackmind

Each,not for 3.
    3mtr length is £4.00 plus end cap is £1.15.
    Use solvant weld on access cap on each end then if presentation is important
    Or solvant weld a screw on inspection
    fitting onto one end
    Costs go up to £3.20

simian
    Free Member

25mmx 1000mm? weird size.

There are some on ebay same as your link for less than £10

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403415393417?hash=item5ded6e6489:g:9bUAAOSwIpFh5Vy0

thepodge
    Free Member

The ones in my link and on eBay are 200mm max, I need to store items 1000mm long.

The ones I have are perfect, I just can’t find them anywhere.

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Vesda pipe with end caps. You might even be able to blag some offcuts from a local fire detection company. I’ve seen untold metres skipped at the end of jobs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Extendable plastic tubing… Brace yourselves’ is closed to new replies.