Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Exposure Strada – remote switch mounting location?
  • prezet
    Free Member

Just picked up a Strada in the sales – and noticed it comes with a handy little remote switch. Trying to work out the best place to put it on my drop bars, but struggling to find anywhere suitable. I guess I ride more on the hoods than the drops.

Anyone else found a good spot to put theirs?

benp1

I use mine on flat bars and Jones loops. They’re just inside my grips

If it was on my drop bars I’d probably mount it in the bend, as high as poss near the pivot of the levers

BadlyWiredDog

I run it on the inside of the righthand hood, so easy to use with my thumb, and ran the wire under the top of the bar held on initially with electrical tape. Works pretty well like that, though the Velcro is occasionally noticeable when you’re riding on the hoods. You could probably run it under the tape if you could be bothered. I did ponder using double-sided tape to hold it in the same position and eliminate the Velcro.

dove1

Mine sits under the bar just behind the right hand brake/shifter. Just right for pushing with my finger when riding on the hoods.

prezet
    Free Member

@BadlyWiredDog – velcro? Mine doesn’t seem to have any velcro. The switch it held in place with some bands (like the stock Harmon bar mounts). They seem a bit small to get around the hoods.

BadlyWiredDog

@prezet Yeah, sorry, still using one of the original ones. I’ve got a later one too, used with a longer o-ring, but I prefer the older version.

TiRed

Mine lived in the spares bin. The cable frayed and it failed. It’s a Mk2 so only has a single button to switch and is no hardship. Before that it was under the brake lever.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Strada – remote switch mounting location?’ is closed to new replies.