• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by IanW.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Exposure light problem
  • Trimix
    Free Member

My damm Exposure light keeps turning itself on whenever I try to charge it up. I sent the first one back, twice, this is the second actual light, the first one they still have.

They send me another soon enough, but the problem is you dont know it will work till you use it and try to charge it up.

So now it looks like my night ride will not happen and Ive yet again got to send it back.

Anyone else had this issue? Or am I just unlucky ?

smiffkin

I’ve got a MaxxD and it charges/works perfectly. Sorry!

STATO
    Free Member

ring up and talk to someone, not just the receptionist. They seem sound enough when i spoke to them but ive learnt enough to know that not everyone can have the same experience. Make your feeling known and that the product has not met your expectations (considering everyone elses seems fine). Should sort you out hopefully.

STATO
    Free Member

sorry just re-read your post…

So you had a light, it had a problem.
    They send you another, it had the same problem?

Are you using the same charger? maybe thats it, just seems unlucky to have 2 lights with the same problem.

mmb
    Free Member

a friend of mine had a problem with the mains charger on his new 2011 model joystick, the usb lead was working fine but it would not charge with the mains adaptor so he sent the adaptor back and they replaced it now it works fine.

Trimix
    Free Member

No, they replaced the charger each time. I speak to Ron, the service chap, who is very helpfull. Im just frustrated at the third problem in a row. Im not frustrated at the level of assistance or help, I was wondering if I was just unlucy or it was a more common problem.

Seems Im just unlucky.

xcwanabe
    Free Member

Got 2 Joysticks and a MaxxD

Joystick 2 and MaxxD are fine but Joystick 1 is back to Exposure for the second time with a switch porblem, as you say tech help and assistance has been great throughout but annoying that it’s now spent 1 month on a work bench, lukcily I have the spares.

MrTall
    Free Member

My 3 yr old joystick has just been returned to me after it’s 2nd warranty trip. First time they replaced the switch and the battery (so they said) but recently it was only giving 45 mins burn time so it went back again. To be fair to them they fixed it for free (new battery for sure this time as they returned it with the old one in the packet) but they had it for 6 weeks and did not contact me once with any update/timescale which i thought was a bit poor.

A few of my riding buddies have had various problems with Exposure and although i love the cable free design, i’ll be sticking with my Ayups as my main lights from now on.

bigjim

My Joystick Maxx charger didn’t last long if it ever did work correctly, the cable shorted where it exits the charger so you had to fiddle with it to get a connection, perhaps a bit dodgy. I just couldn’t be bothered with sending it back and being without the light for weeks so took it apart myself, cut the cable and resoldered it.

Really cheap looking charger inside, nasty steel cabling and the glue sticking it together is all over the components inside and appears to be water based as there was corrosion on the terminals inside. Makes me chuckle now when people slag off the Magicshine chargers for being cheap and chinese!

Luminous
    Free Member

Trimix.

What model light do you have ?.

Macgyver

Could dig out the old wastepipe/vegemite lid/diochronic homebrew special for you tonight Trimix. Just remember a pack big enough for that brick sized battery it needs!

Macgyver

IanW
    Free Member

My Diablo mk2 just stopped after a month, it’s now been back with exposure for 2 weeks, it’s a good light but I would now like it back and working please.
    I fairness the hope 2 I bought last year went back three times albeit with a quicker turn around. Sorry guys but neither is presently a great advert for British manufactur.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Exposure light problem’ is closed to new replies.