Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Long Distance Relationships
  • missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Shirley a long distance relationship has to include at least one flight or ferry crossing? Anything else can’t count IMHO.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

m_f where did your Mrs go to Uni? There was a girl in my halls of residence that had a boyfriend back home… we called her something that was the equivalent of fannylion…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

m_f where did your Mrs go to Uni? There was a girl in my halls of residence that had a boyfriend back home… we called her something that was the equivalent of fannylion…

😆

She went to Cheltenham BTW – 1995-98 I think.

But I don’t *think* I was known as a Fanny Lion back then.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oh, I went to Sheffield, she wasn’t the big pussy that I knew…

ourmaninthenorth

emsz – just go and see her. It’ll make a nice surprise.

And you’ll get to party like a student for a night, before getting on the first train back to work and arriving at your desk all loved up and shattered from lack of sleep.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

TBH I know I couldn’t do a long distance relationship. I like to look after my gf’s too much, you know, like sit outside their windows, make sure they’re ok and stuff.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

emsz – just go and see her. It’ll make a nice surprise.

Somebody might just get a surprise they weren’t expecting…
    8)

philconsequence
    Free Member

thats what those chips they developed for dementia sufferers who are prone to wandering are for TSY!

you can either insert one under their skin whilst they sleep off the rohypnol, or you can slip a chip into their food, but that gets expensive as you have to replace every couple of days after its worked its way through their system.

unless you’re a scat lover and are happy to retrieve it 😉

BlobOnAStick

LOL: It makes me laugh how many blokes think this is a blokes-only forum!

After graduating me and my then GF (now wife) lived about 3 hours travel apart and I recognise the Sunday-afternoon stress thing. I still remember it nearly 20 years later! From my point of view (i.e. a chap) it came from the ‘about to depart for the week’ thing and another 2 issues:
    1) I was independant and living with people who were able to be entirely spontaneous at the weekend, whereas I always had my GF coming to stay who just wanted me for herself. At first I didn’t mind, but it can be difficult being with a cliquey group all week when they’re laughing and joking about things that happened when you weren’t there.
    2) By Sunday afternoon I had spent 35 hours solid with her. Even these days I probably only get that in a week! (excluding sleeping). The difference in the cycle of all-week-without-her, all-weekend-with-her was almost too much!

I suggest you keep the above in mind – the reason for Sunday afternoon stress may be more than just about the parting of the ways for the week.

emsz
    Free Member

Ourmaninthenorth getting the train in half an hour 8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

LOL: It makes me laugh how many blokes think this is a blokes-only forum!

Who’s that aimed at?

Phil – Yeah the last one really wasn’t into the dry composting loo I made her use in back garden.

Junkyard
    Free Member

emsz is female is my guess –
    Have a nice night hope you both enjoy it

crikey
    Free Member

emsz is female is my guess

[lestrade] Thank God you’re ‘ere Mr Holmes, we haven’t got a clue [/lestrade]

The other thing emsz, is that by going to visit, you might make some ahem, new friends too…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

WHAT! A female… on here!! You’re obviously a troll. I might even report you!

Next you’ll be telling me that Cinnamon_Girl isn’t a 6’4″ tattooed behemoth capable of eating two Tons for breakfast!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Explains why my refrenece was inappropriate sorry.

On a brief serious note if it is meant to be it will be you can meet the one when you are 16 or 61 and if it is meant to be it will survive the distance.
    Hope it works out In my day you had to write letters to each other as no one had phones the internet was but a dream imagine that eh

I have seen ton no one could eat two of him for breakfast

nickc

Time was you could come on here and scratch yer bollox and belch loudly (so to speak) now look at it…There’ll be toilet roll in the loo instead of newspaper and doilies, you mark my words.

McHamish
    Free Member

Get a webcam.

br
    Free Member

there this unsaid tension between us when I know shes going to say she’s got to get going…and I get all moody.

My dog is like this, when I put on my SPD’s and he realises he’s not coming!

nicko74

After graduating me and my then GF (now wife) lived about 3 hours travel apart and I recognise the Sunday-afternoon stress thing.

Agreed. Used to be with a girl who lived in Leeds, I lived in London, and drove up there every other weekend. Sunday afternoon before getting in the car to go back was a bit odd.

TBH I know I couldn’t do a long distance relationship. I like to look after my gf’s too much, you know, like sit outside their windows, make sure they’re ok and stuff.

It’s just weird how they don’t appreciate how much you care, eh TSY?

cinnamon_girl

Next you’ll be telling me that Cinnamon_Girl isn’t a 6’4″ tattooed behemoth capable of eating two Tons for breakfast!

😥

Stop picking on me. 🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

🙁 Sorry C_G, didn’t mean it.

Please adopt me and give me the moral guidance I so desperately need… I’m house trained and everything!

spooky_b329

I met my gf 6 weeks before she started uni, it was a bit crap but we got through the three years, it was a 6 hours drive each way and used to visit every 6-8 weeks. 10 years ago that was 🙂

Seems a bit strange but in the few hours before she left after each visit home, I used to be waiting for her to go just to get it over with, whereas she would be trying to delay it as long as possible.

cinnamon_girl

Please adopt me and give me the moral guidance I so desperately need… I’m house trained and everything!

Shall I take you under my wing? 😉 You’re safe with Auntie C_G … or at least until sexy daughter appears. 😯

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Fanks Auntie. I think that puts any plans of amorous advances on your daughter out of the question.

cinnamon_girl

😆 @ Yeti.

cinnamon_girl

Actually, she’s moved out!

Normal service is resumed at C_G Towers. 8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Best get those spare frames back on the sofa then A.C_G!

cinnamon_girl

I might just have to bring my ‘new’ baby into the house, admire her curves and dream of when I may ride her again.

Some people are meant to be alone. 🙄

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

😯 That’s what my ex said when she heard me talking to my bike in a similar way to that^^^

cinnamon_girl

Ah, but did you refer to the bike as ‘he’ or ‘she’?

Sorry, I always find this subject fascinating. 😳

And was the ex jealous?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

She was particularly muddy, I was muttering something about her being a filthy b1tch and that I couldn’t wait to ride her again. 😯

And yes the ex was jealous.

cinnamon_girl

So … why is your bike not male? We’ve now established that you do not actually ride a Yeti!

See, that’s where you guys get it wrong. 🙄

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ahh so for future reference I need to call my bike a him and then it won’t be an issue that I like to spend all my weekend getting dirty with the lads in the woods?

TBH I think I always refer to my bikes as ‘it’… the dh bike, the trail bike etc.

But I have said I love them far more than I could a girlfriend 😳
    You live and you learn!

cinnamon_girl

It may well help! Possibly!

But surely they must all have a name? My latest was christened … or was it me that was christened? 🙄

Well, you do at least recognise where you are going wrong so get back on those dating websites, eyes wide open, and keep quiet about your dirty hobby 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

haha, thanks Auntie!

NZCol

My long distance gf turned up on my doorstep unnanounced in France once(she flew from the US, Vail specifically). Would have been good had a partially clothed Danish temptress not answered the door because I was in the shower. She slunk off and I only heard from her 4 months later when she deliberately crashed into me when i was taking a ski school class !!! (she was an instructor too and had come back purely to find me).

I’m not proud of that….. I got paid for that class HAHAHAhahahaha anyhoo.Chances are in a LDR you’ll be getting a leg over or vice versa after a wee while. BEst of luck.

Dickyboy

Eldest son was doing the long distance relationship with gf away at uni – went up as a suprise on valantines weekend & got dumped 😥 – luckily middle son was at same uni as gf and was able to pick up the pieces – I haven’t dared ask what they got up to for the rest of the weekend 😯

emsz
    Free Member

I am officially the greatest g/ f in the world EVER.

Knackered now though. Need bed and shower cos I smell of something and it ain’t roses. Im in such a good mood I’m not even going to comment on the mysoginistic drivel that is that Sue Perkins thread.

Stoner
    Free Member

Knackered now though. Need bed and shower cos I smell of something and it ain’t roses

ffnurffelsnork.

U31
    Free Member

Manfat?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Long Distance Relationships’ is closed to new replies.